talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

One thing for sure, is that I won't be out of work this time if there is another cuarentena. I'm also working literally 150 meters from home now, which means I can pop home for a munch and a spliff at dinner.

No wonder new buildings are in shit condition. All the workers are fucking high :ph34r:

• Haha 1

If you saw your neighbours with 10 people round their house? Would you tell the police? I can’t believe anyone seriously would? This government is absolutely pitiful in its attempt to shift everything away from them.

In any other country i would say they were bound to fall but in England the tories will probably win again.

• Administrator

Rees-Mogg saying 'everyone needs to stop carping on' about lack of testing. Shameful irresponsibility from him when his own PM/Health Sec/Test & Trace boss said people should get tested if they come in to contact with someone that is positive even if they didn't have symptoms.

That slimy toad proper gets on my nerves. They all do to be fair. Just an air of smug contempt about them and it's fucking disgusting. 

Everything from the decision making to the implementation is just a complete mess... If it's not one thing it's another. mixed messages, U turns etc...

Saddens me that we have a Government that is mostly ineffective and yet continues to pat itself on the back for a job badly done while shrugging off any criticism of any kind.. They say adversity  builds character but for me more importantly shows it... The 'World Beating' testing has now been proven to have been a dismal failure and all this in the face of a potential second spike going into the winter period.. 

They are just bumbling along and it's fucking embarrassing... 

6 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If you saw your neighbours with 10 people round their house? Would you tell the police? I can’t believe anyone seriously would? This government is absolutely pitiful in its attempt to shift everything away from them.

In any other country i would say they were bound to fall but in England the tories will probably win again.

I think I'd be REALLY conflicted. I've now just spent about 5 minutes thinking about how I'd answer this question.

Right now, I think the government rules on when it's okay to have more than 6 people and when it isn't are... just absurd, they don't really make sense. Why is it alright to be in a group of people bigger than 6 in some instances... but not others? They're arbitrary rules. On the other hand, if you're worried about community spread of the virus... what's more a part of your community than your neighbors?

I don't think I'd tell the police though, for a couple of reasons. I just don't really agree with the government guidance anymore; I don't think it helps people stay safe or healthy. It's just security theatre at this point, with the arbitrary limits on when you can/cant have however many people together. I also don't really like dealing with police. I think those 2 things would probably outweigh my concern.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Wouldn't do it if I was paid to.

Just now, nudge said:

Snitches get stitches.

My daughter was telling me a boy at school stole crayons. This was my exact response, which she then repeated and followed it up with our famous fist bump......

Then my wife found out what I'd done and now I'm going to need stitches 

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

This second wave starting to look real now sadly. When the positive cases started going up and hospitalisations and deaths were staying low, it looked like it was just more cases getting identified because of better testing and contact tracing. Now it looks like a combination of that and an increase in the spread again.

Difficult winter ahead.

On the island we've had our first three cases for almost 100 days in the past week or two. All returning from overseas so we don't have it back in the community yet but it feels like a matter of time. However, if the UK gets any worse I can see us going back to people not being allowed to leave the island at all.

The teachers' unions are in talks with the government over here about extending the Christmas holidays to 3 weeks in exchange for reducing the summer holidays by a week in 2021. As the rules over here are still a mandatory two-week quarantine on return to the island, without putting something like this in place, many of my colleagues won't be able to go and visit their families in the UK for Christmas.

What an utterly depressing year and that's coming from someone living on an island where we eliminated the virus months ago and are essentially living as normal within our bubble. Luckily all my family live here too so the Christmas issue isn't a thing for me.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.e8ad2e3f8e1291dafd794ef132a333ea.png

Coronavirus: Football team loses 37-0 in socially distanced match

2000287690_download(3).thumb.png.c3b2e29260d44b4f5b2f6217f750e3a5.png

A German football team lost 37-0 to their local rivals after fielding only seven players who socially distanced throughout the match.

Ripdorf fielded the minimum number of players on Sunday because their opponents SV Holdenstedt II came into contact in a previous game with someone who tested positive for Covid-19.

Their team tested negative but Ripdorf said the conditions were not safe.

If Ripdorf had not played, they would have faced a €200 (£182) fine.

They had asked for the match - in the 11th tier of German football - to be postponed but the local association refused.

Ripdorf said they did not feel safe as at the time of the game 14 days had not yet passed since Holdenstedt players had come into contact with the person who tested positive.

Holdenstedt's first team did not play in the match and the club fielded their second team.

At the beginning of the match, one of Ripdorf's players stepped onto the pitch, passed the ball to an opponent and the team then walked to the sidelines.

Ripdorf co-chair Patrick Ristow told ESPN: "The Holdenstedt players did not understand. But we did not want to risk anything."

He added of his players: "They did not go into direct duels and observed the social distancing rules, keeping two metres between them and Holdenstedt players."

Holdenstedt did not hold back, scoring a goal every two or three minutes.

"There was no reason not to play this game," Holdenstedt coach Florian Schierwater said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54193770

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Basically you’ll get kicked out the pub at 10 now, not much else changes fundamentally. 

Apart from the fact you can't meet another household.

I never understand why they delay these things so much either. These restrictions come into force on Tuesday ffs

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Apart from the fact you can't meet another household.

I never understand why they delay these things so much either. These restrictions come into force on Tuesday ffs

People will just ignore the household bit, nobody is going to stop people meeting their families now. It’s just to make the government look better as if they are doing something.

Interestigng to see Sweden now doing pretty well.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

This second wave starting to look real now sadly. When the positive cases started going up and hospitalisations and deaths were staying low, it looked like it was just more cases getting identified because of better testing and contact tracing. Now it looks like a combination of that and an increase in the spread again.

Difficult winter ahead.

On the island we've had our first three cases for almost 100 days in the past week or two. All returning from overseas so we don't have it back in the community yet but it feels like a matter of time. However, if the UK gets any worse I can see us going back to people not being allowed to leave the island at all.

The teachers' unions are in talks with the government over here about extending the Christmas holidays to 3 weeks in exchange for reducing the summer holidays by a week in 2021. As the rules over here are still a mandatory two-week quarantine on return to the island, without putting something like this in place, many of my colleagues won't be able to go and visit their families in the UK for Christmas.

What an utterly depressing year and that's coming from someone living on an island where we eliminated the virus months ago and are essentially living as normal within our bubble. Luckily all my family live here too so the Christmas issue isn't a thing for me.

I feel for you guys if you're just starting out in second wave territory, and heading towards the cooler time of the year.

In Melbourne our second wave was more severe than the first (our first wave was fuck all by global standards tho). And our second lockdown was harsher, and frankly a lot harder to endure because of the mentally fatigued state we were already in by the time it started, particularly for those trying to juggle homeschooling with full time work.

I'm not sure every government will take the path is took of very harsh punitive lockdowns this time round. Rupert Murdoch appears not to agree with them, which counts for a fair bit. 

What the fuck is going on??? 

The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reversed its coronavirus testing guidance after it sparked backlash among prominent health experts. 

Last month, the CDC altered its testing guidelines to state that people didn’t need to get tested if they came in contact with someone with Covid-19 if they were not displaying symptoms. 

The move quickly sparked backlash among health experts because they thought it would discourage people from getting tested. About 40 per cent of coronavirus patients are asymptomatic, according to the CDC. 

Now the new guidance says that people without symptoms who have been in close contact with an infected person “need a test.”

• Administrator

That's gonna piss off the government who were kicking up a fuss the other day about people getting tests when it wasn't necessary, even if they did come in to contact with someone who had it.

Now the CDC confirm that's what should be done anyway xD 

Clusterfuck. The government just care about themselves and their paychecks. I know that's nothing new, but it's now clearer than it ever has been just how much of selfish group of pricks they are. They don't care about anyone else.

13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

What the fuck is going on??? 

The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reversed its coronavirus testing guidance after it sparked backlash among prominent health experts. 

Last month, the CDC altered its testing guidelines to state that people didn’t need to get tested if they came in contact with someone with Covid-19 if they were not displaying symptoms. 

The move quickly sparked backlash among health experts because they thought it would discourage people from getting tested. About 40 per cent of coronavirus patients are asymptomatic, according to the CDC. 

Now the new guidance says that people without symptoms who have been in close contact with an infected person “need a test.”

In my opinion the CDC has been politicised and is being curbed by the trump presidency and by trump wanting to minimise the extent of COVID as an issue going into the election.

Trump will want deaths and cases down and is suggesting a vaccine will be ready by Christmas. Like most things with Trump whoever refutes his lies becomes the enemy, even if it's a public servant providing accurate information to the public.

25 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

As far as I can see the Government want people to eat out, drink out, go to work, go to school but not see anyone whilst doing it. 

You can’t see your family in the back garden because the Rona might get you. Meet them in the pub instead though, because it doesn’t transmit there!

13 hours ago, Stan said:

That's gonna piss off the government who were kicking up a fuss the other day about people getting tests when it wasn't necessary, even if they did come in to contact with someone who had it.

Now the CDC confirm that's what should be done anyway xD 

Clusterfuck. The government just care about themselves and their paychecks. I know that's nothing new, but it's now clearer than it ever has been just how much of selfish group of pricks they are. They don't care about anyone else.

11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

As far as I can see the Government want people to eat out, drink out, go to work, go to school but not see anyone whilst doing it. 

It's the inconsistency that's most annoying, that and the one rule for some and different rules for others... Nothing stinks more of us and them than the Cummings row for example and then this new rule of six for everyone else but not for people who go Fox hunting or Pheasant shooting... I would also note that despite the Government trying to get people back to work that they have maintained a skeleton crew at Westminster of about 10 people max.. Should lead by example, If it is safe to return to the workplace ( provided that it's complying with the safe distancing rules ) then show people it's safe.. Don't be telling people get back to work and then do the complete opposite yourselves... 

Also are they going to repeat the same mistakes they made at the beginning?? The second wave was almost a forgone conclusion and you would have hoped that they had got their acts together and formulated some plan and be prepared but seems they may be destined to learn absolutely nothing from earlier mistakes, Track & Trace testing is a fucking disaster just as we are due to go rolling into the second wave... 

It's on the rise in France and Spain again and I worry that the government are just not going to react to it well enough or soon enough.. 

Boris Johnson has said the long-feared second wave of the pandemic has arrived in the UK, with new cases of coronavirus in England estimated to have doubled over the past week.

The prime minister said he does not want to put the country in another national lockdown but warned the government may need to "intensify things to help bring the rate of infections down".

"We're now seeing a second wave coming in... clearly we are going to keep everything under review," he said.

He said he did "not want to get to a second national lockdown at all" but as the disease progresses, "of course we're going to have to take further measures".

Meanwhile, the mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has insisted there should be no delays, saying: "I am of the firm view that we should not wait, as happened six months ago, for this virus to again spiral out of control before taking action."

He said the capital is "increasingly likely" to be subject to further lockdown restrictions.

"The best thing for both public health and the economy is new restrictions imposed early, rather than a full lockdown when it's too late - but the government must urgently ensure there is a fully functioning testing system," he said.

"I strongly urge all Londoners to be as cautious as possible over this weekend. Please think very carefully about your actions - strictly follow social distancing rules, regularly wash your hands and wear a face covering to help reduce the spread of the virus."

a screenshot of a cell phone: Case trajectories, with UK, France and Spain

Their comments came as new confirmed daily cases of coronavirus hit 4,322 - the highest since 8 May - and another 27 deaths were recorded. The R number, which shows the spread of the virus, is now between 1.1 and 1.4.

With COVID-19 cases now doubling every seven to eight days, the government is looking at introducing nationwide restrictions for a short period to try to "short-circuit" the virus and slow the spread of the disease.

People aren’t going to abide such clear double standards. However much we might say they’re wrong, there is an absurd situation where a newly born baby can’t meet their family at the persons house but can down the pub. 

Even as an avid Tory hater I had some sympathy with the start of this, it was new, chaos nobody had a clue but now it’s just incompetence. The absolute priority should be test and trace. If we had that effectively set up we would be able to manage things so much better. I reckon Johnson will go soon; this isn’t what he signed up for. He wants to office without the responsibility.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

There's been rumours from various sources that Johnson will resign early 2021 after the Brexit transition period. Makes sense to me, he can dine out on having been Prime Minister and call himself the man who delivered Brexit while someone else cleans up the mess he leaves behind and has to put their name to the electoral pain the Tories might take in the coming years.