talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

I heard something the other day which is quite a simple way to counter some anti Vaxers. If you were having brain surgery would you really let someone with no qualifications do it. Of course you wouldn't you would trust the surgeon. Believing what experts tell us usnt being a sheep its doing what we do all the time.

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I heard something the other day which is quite a simple way to counter some anti Vaxers. If you were having brain surgery would you really let someone with no qualifications do it. Of course you wouldn't you would trust the surgeon. Believing what experts tell us usnt being a sheep its doing what we do all the time.

There isn't a way to counter anti vaxers I'm afraid. There are just too many idiots in this world. They'll bring up their own conspiracy theories or how it was "fast tracked" with no evidence on their part. Seen plenty of it and have some friends who are the same. I simply just try to avoid discussing it with them as they are hopeless.

12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You can't counter stupid. The documentary on flat earthers tells us that. They proved it themselves that the earth wasn't flat and continued believing it was flat anyway.

I have a couple of friends that don't want to believe science. They are my friends so I try to be as polite as I can with them, but it drives me crazy because they insist with these unproven conspiracies. One of them told me that Ebola is contagious if you're asymptomatic. I sent him government pages that say it clearly isn't and it's only contagious when symptoms arrive and he still chooses to believe it. Another one claims that the vaccine is a farce because they had the cure long ago. Madness that right around the corner there is someone with stupid conspiracies and yet we don't realize it. Best to just avoid all vaccine discussion.

The only way anti-vaxxers will possibly get their vaccine is to mandate it. Don't let people on flights, don't let people go to work, etc. Qantas already said that they won't let people board without their vaccine. I expect other airlines to follow.

8 minutes ago, Mpache said:

There isn't a way to counter anti vaxers I'm afraid. There are just too many idiots in this world. They'll bring up their own conspiracy theories or how it was "fast tracked" with no evidence on their part. Seen plenty of it and have some friends who are the same. I simply just try to avoid discussing it with them as they are hopeless.

Yeah you are right to be fair. But at least if you win the debate you can feel good about yourself 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah you are right to be fair. But at least if you win the debate you can feel good about yourself 

I always win the debate against them because I choose to follow facts and science. They just don't want to accept it so they stretch their own agenda with their own conspiracies that don't make sense to begin with.

I don't even bother criticizing them anymore. It's not worth it. This pandemic has exposed stupidity in the world. It's much higher than I thought.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I always win the debate against them because I choose to follow facts and science. They just don't want to accept it so they stretch their own agenda with their own conspiracies that don't make sense to begin with.

I don't even bother criticizing them anymore. It's not worth it. This pandemic has exposed stupidity in the world. It's much higher than I thought.

Brian I don't think you've ever lost an argument/debate in your own mind to be fair xD 

Just now, Stan said:

Brian I don't think you've ever lost an argument/debate in your own mind to be fair xD 

I have lost and admitted to losing many arguments, maybe don't ignore when I have admitted it and stop bringing up when I haven't?

I don't care about what happened 3 years ago.

Someone on Facebook said that they put covid down as the cause of death up to 28 days later regardless. They actually said that if they got hit by a car it would be put down as covid if it was within 28 days of catching it.

When someone is that stupid there is no point in arguing with them. I mean if you have any common sense you should be able to tell that is wrong.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Someone on Facebook said that they put covid down as the cause of death up to 28 days later regardless. They actually said that if they got hit by a car it would be put down as covid if it was within 28 days of catching it.

When someone is that stupid there is no point in arguing with them. I mean if you have any common sense you should be able to tell that is wrong.

That's apparently what is being done though?

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's apparently what is being done though?

What? Are you actually saying if someone was run over it would be put down as covid?

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What? Are you actually saying if someone was run over it would be put down as covid?

One of the official measurements is people who have died within 28 days of a positive Covid test so yes if you had Covid, recovered in 2 weeks then got killed in a car crash you'd be counted in that. Anti-science brigade use this hypothetical incredibly unlikely scenario and extrapolate it to support their "did they die OF Covid or WITH Covid" argument because they think it's viable to claim that it's a coincidence that 70,000 more people died last year than in an average year of freak accidents or other illnesses and they also just happened to test positive for the virus weeks before.

Another one of the measurements is Covid mentioned on the death certificate, obviously if you died in a car crash you wouldn't count in this measurement.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

One of the official measurements is people who have died within 28 days of a positive Covid test so yes if you had Covid, recovered in 2 weeks then got killed in a car crash you'd be counted in that. Anti-science brigade use this hypothetical incredibly unlikely scenario and extrapolate it to support their "did they die OF Covid or WITH Covid" argument because they think it's viable to claim that it's a coincidence that 70,000 more people died last year than in an average year of freak accidents or other illnesses and they also just happened to test positive for the virus weeks before.

Another one of the measurements is Covid mentioned on the death certificate, obviously if you died in a car crash you wouldn't count in this measurement.

Ow right. So when they say 80 000 have died of covid they are not including people who died in a car crash? 

This guy genuinely thought that the 80000 deaths included that 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ow right. So when they say 80 000 have died of covid they are not including people who died in a car crash? 

This guy genuinely thought that the 80000 deaths included that 

Honestly I can't remember which measure the UK government uses but the number of people we're talking about is so small that it makes no significant difference. It's just one of the straws they clutch at, all the morons who have spent January deleting their tweets from the summer about how there wouldn't be a second wave and the government have no reason left to take away their fweedom anymore.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Honestly I can't remember which measure the UK government uses but the number of people we're talking about is so small that it makes no significant difference. It's just one of the straws they clutch at, all the morons who have spent January deleting their tweets from the summer about how there wouldn't be a second wave and the government have no reason left to take away their fweedom anymore.

Toby Young by any chance xD 

I did say I would let you know shat happened and when:  here goes.

As a result of having caught the virus (we think in September) all 3 in my 'bubble were tested and full of antibodies so my inje3ction was going to be delayed a little with a possible 5 month period of possible protection.  I got a call on Thursday and given a time this morning.  The place looked like total chaos - 10 or4 so stewards directing traffc with 2 police officers at the surgery and one of the normally unused entrances wide open.  Those able to walk were directed well away from the building so that those in chairs etc were able to park near the doors.  In effect the total chaos was exactly the opposite and the organisation inside was amazing!  There are a number od Surgeries in the building they were all combined so that there were many cubicles for injections - these grew whilst I was there and a number of staff were manning laptops for details of who and when - details of any problems and a young guy showing where one should go . I did not get chance to sit down before I was pointed to a nurse who within seconds of sitting down had injected the Pfizer in my arm and sent me to sit in another area for 10 minutes 'just in case' she said - smiling!  After that I joined a small line and was given a card with an appointment for 1st April for part 2 and gently ushered out, into the car and back home within 30 minutes of having left!  Saturday morning and unbelievable the way they have it organised.  I cannot find the point on my arm where it went in and - so far - not a single feeling or after-effect - only not to drink alcohol for a couple of days although that was advice not an instruction.

Anyone in any doubt then accept that this injection does not have any living organisms so no fear of that and everything is very, very simple - do not be daft and refuse it if your turn comes.  Will let you know in a few days time if anything changes or happens.

Stay safe all!9_9

Edited by SchalkeUK
  • Upvote 4

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

I did say I would let you know shat happened and when:  here goes.

As a result of having caught the virus (we think in September) all 3 in my 'bubble were tested and full of antibodies so my inje3ction was going to be delayed a little with a possible 5 month period of possible protection.  I got a call on Thursday and given a time this morning.  The place looked like total chaos - 10 or4 so stewards directing traffc with 2 police officers at the surgery and one of the normally unused entrances wide open.  Those able to walk were directed well away from the building so that those in chairs etc were able to park near the doors.  In effect the total chaos was exactly the opposite and the organisation inside was amazing!  There are a number od Surgeries in the building they were all combined so that there were many cubicles for injections - these grew whilst I was there and a number of staff were manning laptops for details of who and when - details of any problems and a young guy showing where one should go . I did not get chance to sit down before I was pointed to a nurse who within seconds of sitting down had injected the Pfizer in my arm and sent me to sit in another area for 10 minutes 'just in case' she said - smiling!  After that I joined a small line and was given a card with an appointment for 1st April for part 2 and gently ushered out, into the car and back home within 30 minutes of having left!  Saturday morning and unbelievable the way they have it organised.  I cannot find the point on my arm where it went in and - so far - not a single feeling or after-effect - only not to drink alcohol for a couple of days although that was advice not an instruction.

Anyone in any doubt then accept that this injection does not have any living organisms so no fear of that and everything is very, very simple - do not be daft and refuse it if your turn comes.  Will let you know in a few days time if anything changes or happens.

Stay safe all!9_9

Nice! 

My missus started to feel a bit tired and drained after about 24 hours, that lasted about a day and then she was fine after the 3rd day. Hopefully you don't get any out-of-the-ordinary symptoms and good luck for your 2nd jab :) 

15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Apparently there are different lists. Now there is a list that says the number of people who died within 28 days of being diagnosed with the virus. This would include people in the car crash scenario. Although it would include people who died for other reasons as well so that list could be quite inaccurate I imagine. However covid would not be put down as cause of death on the birth certificate I would imagine? 

@Stan so is there a list of the number of people who have died uk wide where covid was determined to be the main cause of death? Because without that I would admit that some people do have a point about the numbers  being overexagerated.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Stan so is there a list of the number of people who have died uk wide where covid was determined to be the main cause of death? Because without that I would admit that some people do have a point about the numbers  being overexagerated.

By how much? Less than a thousand and that's being generous for me. Roughly 1% of people might have died anyway, I wouldn't even say that much. That's not enough to cede ground to the anti-sciencers I'm afraid. It's a method of counting that includes a small but acceptable and insignificant possibility of error which is quite common in statistical analysis.

• Upvote 1