talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

To think that normally this time of the year, rain, snow or mud this local park of ours would be full of football matches between the local U10's up to U15's teams, Sat/Sun morning or afternoon's, many a time I have gone there to watch our eldest grandson play in a school match.

Now because of the Coronavirus, the games are now non existent, I wonder how long we will have to wait so things can go back to normal, all you can see nowadays is couples walking their dogs or the daffodils slowly coming up, sad. :(

download.thumb.png.9f09ec54944364118874a3ece5f3c8cb.png

Right, I plan to travel to the UK soon, but I have read that it might be quite expensive to travel back at the present time. I need to take a Covid test before I travel, which is fine as the Covid tests here in Ukraine aren't that expensive from what I understand. However, once I land in the UK, I will need to quarantine for 10 days and also take 2 further Covid tests during this period. Apparently these 2 Covid tests will cost me a total of £210, which I think is a bit dear to say the least.  In total, it will cost me quite a lot to travel to the UK right now. I will have to pay for the Covid test in Ukraine, I will have to pay for the plane tickets, I will have to pay for 10 days in a hotel(my grandmother lives with my mum and I don't want to put either of them at risk) in England and on top of that I will have to pay £210 for the 2 extra Covid tests.

So my question is, does anyone have any idea how long these requirements are likely to be mandatory for? I don't mind doing any of them, except for paying the £210 for the Covid tests, as that does sound rather expensive for only a couple of tests. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Michael said:

Right, I plan to travel to the UK soon, but I have read that it might be quite expensive to travel back at the present time. I need to take a Covid test before I travel, which is fine as the Covid tests here in Ukraine aren't that expensive from what I understand. However, once I land in the UK, I will need to quarantine for 10 days and also take 2 further Covid tests during this period. Apparently these 2 Covid tests will cost me a total of £210, which I think is a bit dear to say the least.  In total, it will cost me quite a lot to travel to the UK right now. I will have to pay for the Covid test in Ukraine, I will have to pay for the plane tickets, I will have to pay for 10 days in a hotel(my grandmother lives with my mum and I don't want to put either of them at risk) in England and on top of that I will have to pay £210 for the 2 extra Covid tests.

So my question is, does anyone have any idea how long these requirements are likely to be mandatory for? I don't mind doing any of them, except for paying the £210 for the Covid tests, as that does sound rather expensive for only a couple of tests. 

I don't know how long the requirements will be for but I'd wait a good few months anyway. Our 'roadmap' out of lockdown is happening in stages. Hotels and hospitality opens back up on 17th May and then everything is planned to be opened on 21st June. Subject to change obviously but some of the charges/fees may be gone by then as things start to be less restrictive. 

The 10 days in a hotel is probably the biggest cost. That won't be around forever so better off waiting til that's gone. 

Would your grandmother and mother not have been vaccinated by now? 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Given another wave is supposedly in its infancy and is expected to peak in June/July in various parts of the world I wouldn't be surprised if the rules are in place for a long time to come.

I think once all adults have had the vaccine then government have no option but to allow things to open up like the current roadmap (some delays if needed), Hopefully soon enough hospital admissions will be right down and covid deaths will be less than deaths of other causes.

1 hour ago, YrksGunner said:

I think once all adults have had the vaccine then government have no option but to allow things to open up like the current roadmap (some delays if needed), Hopefully soon enough hospital admissions will be right down and covid deaths will be less than deaths of other causes.

Domestically, but letting in those from areas in another wave and allowing people to go on overseas holidays to those areas is a threat to vaccination due to mutation risk. 

We should stay closed to anyone not at the same vaccination level. The whole let's get our vaccines and swan off around the world this summer is not without risk.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

I don't know how long the requirements will be for but I'd wait a good few months anyway. Our 'roadmap' out of lockdown is happening in stages. Hotels and hospitality opens back up on 17th May and then everything is planned to be opened on 21st June. Subject to change obviously but some of the charges/fees may be gone by then as things start to be less restrictive. 

The 10 days in a hotel is probably the biggest cost. That won't be around forever so better off waiting til that's gone. 

Would your grandmother and mother not have been vaccinated by now? 

Yeah, I think I will just go ahead with traveling back to the UK and biting the bullet regarding the £210 Covid test cost. I don't want to have to wait until June to travel and even then, the £210 Covid cost and quarantine might still be in place. 

My mum and grandmother have both taken the vaccine(the AstraZeneca one), but I don't know how my grandmother would react to me being there, she gets quite paranoid at her age. So I don't really want her to get worried or anything. If it was just my mum there, then I would definitely be staying with her for the 10 day quarantine.

4 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Given another wave is supposedly in its infancy and is expected to peak in June/July in various parts of the world I wouldn't be surprised if the rules are in place for a long time to come.

Yeah, so much is really unknown. I think I am better off just going back soon, rather than waiting, as there are no guarantees in regards to what the government are actually going to do.

Edited by Michael

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, I think I will just go ahead with traveling back to the UK and biting the bullet regarding the £210 Covid test cost. I don't want to have to wait until June to travel and even then, the £210 Covid cost and quarantine might still be in place. 

My mum and grandmother have both taken the vaccine(the AstraZeneca one), but I don't know how my grandmother would react to me being there, she gets quite paranoid at her age. So I don't really want her to get worried or anything. If it was just my mum there, then I would definitely be staying with her for the 10 day quarantine.

Yeah, so much is really unknown. I think I am better off just going back soon, rather than waiting, as there are no guarantees in regards to what the government are actually going to do.

Good luck in whatever you choose! Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

• Upvote 1