talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

29 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

Parents got their first dose today

I'm going for mine on Wednesday. What's funny, is I'm having it done in a health innovations centre on the uni campus which I was working on in all of 2019, until the beginning of Feb in 2020.

I just got invited now and had the choice of going anytime between 9:00-20:00 on any day starting from tomorrow until the end of next week.

I'm weary as fuck about it though as it's such a new substance. Nobody actually knows what it could do to you in the long term, let's be honest. We are practically guinea pigs but since you'll need it for a "vaccine passport" that's the only reason why I'm taking my chances. Otherwise I'd rather wait a few years personally.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'm weary as fuck about it though as it's such a new substance. Nobody actually knows what it could do to you in the long term, let's be honest. We are practically guinea pigs but since you'll need it for a "vaccine passport" that's the only reason why I'm taking my chances. Otherwise I'd rather wait a few years personally.

I'd rather take the vaccine to give me some level of protection (long or short term) as opposed to getting the actual virus it will protect me from :what:

3 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'm going for mine on Wednesday. What's funny, is I'm having it done in a health innovations centre on the uni campus which I was working on in all of 2019, until the beginning of Feb in 2020.

I just got invited now and had the choice of going anytime between 9:00-20:00 on any day starting from tomorrow until the end of next week.

Quite a few people I know are not getting it for the same reason and they aren't the conspiracy theory type or anti vaxs there is some genuine hesitant. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I'd rather take the vaccine to give me some level of protection (long or short term) as opposed to getting the actual virus it will protect me from :what:

But how do you know that you won't have a kid in a years time and that kid is born deformed, for example? (not claiming that will be the case but it's just an example) It's such a new substance that nobody knows what the long term effects could potentially be. So there's nothing wrong with being wary. It's very new. 

I'm no conspiracy theorist, I'm just being realistic.

5 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

But how do you know that you won't have a kid in a years time and that kid is born deformed, for example?

Nothing to fear.

All the data suggests that is unlikely. There's no radiation in the vaccine. What's in it is memory T-lymphocytes as well as B-lymphocytes, which assist the white blood cells in neutralising the virus. Getting the vaccine whilst pregnant, data suggests if you are in the third trimester it will give the child antibodies. 

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

But how do you know that you won't have a kid in a years time and that kid is born deformed, for example? (not claiming that will be the case but it's just an example) It's such a new substance that nobody knows what the long term effects could potentially be. So there's nothing wrong with being wary. It's very new. 

I'm no conspiracy theorist, I'm just being realistic.

I appreciate the need to be wary. Got nothing against anyone for that.

But given the vaccine has been trialled heavily for several months and it's now being given to pregnant women, and there's been no reports of deformities or abnormalities since that, I'm willing to take my chances.

For all I know, without taking the vaccine, I could contract the virus and not even be here in a year's time. That's realistic too.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

Tbf I can understand people being skeptical of an entirely new type of vaccine being used on humans for the first time (which is what mRNA vaccines are) - and I'm pretty certain the ones that aren't mRNA.

I do think that people being afraid of the vaccine being rushed aren't really considering that work was done previously with SARS and MERS (two other types of coronaviruses) - so it's not like these vaccines have been rolled out in less than a year from when we're seeing this global rollout of the vaccines.

But mRNA vaccines have been around for a while, just because they haven't been used in humans (or at least regularly) doesn't mean they can't be successful viruses. I think mRNA vaccines are probably the future of vaccines for the foreseeable future tbh.

I'm vaccinated and I made up my mind pretty early on I would get the vaccine. But that doesn't mean I didn't have worries that I think were legitimate - and yeah, we really don't know the long term effects. But chances are we wouldn't know many long term effects (if any) in just a few years either. And I don't think I'm anti-vax at all, I just think sometimes it's good to be skepitcal.

At the end of the day, I do believe the pros of getting vaccinated outweigh the potential cons (which may be completely unfounded).

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf I can understand people being skeptical of an entirely new type of vaccine being used on humans for the first time (which is what mRNA vaccines are) - and I'm pretty certain the ones that aren't mRNA.

I do think that people being afraid of the vaccine being rushed aren't really considering that work was done previously with SARS and MERS (two other types of coronaviruses) - so it's not like these vaccines have been rolled out in less than a year from when we're seeing this global rollout of the vaccines.

But mRNA vaccines have been around for a while, just because they haven't been used in humans (or at least regularly) doesn't mean they can't be successful viruses. I think mRNA vaccines are probably the future of vaccines for the foreseeable future tbh.

I'm vaccinated and I made up my mind pretty early on I would get the vaccine. But that doesn't mean I didn't have worries that I think were legitimate - and yeah, we really don't know the long term effects. But chances are we wouldn't know many long term effects (if any) in just a few years either. And I don't think I'm anti-vax at all, I just think sometimes it's good to be skepitcal.

At the end of the day, I do believe the pros of getting vaccinated outweigh the potential cons (which may be completely unfounded).

I only really clocked this when I was listening to a podcast the other day. I pay a lot more attention to these things than your average person and I hadn't read about or considered it, makes me think that the links with the SARS vaccines is somewhat under reported and we could do with highlighting that to people who are sceptical.

I do understand the scepticism and nobody can guarantee that there isn't any risk, but nor can they when you jump on a plane or hit the brakes on your road car. I trust science though and that's the bottom line for me.

Edited by RandoEFC
  • Upvote 2

Much of the skepticism is because there was a lot of lying and change of narratives throughout this whole thing. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't touch anything from the Russian and Chinese vaccines  but will be okay with other ones

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

A video with absolutely no context or background information? Seems legit......

about as legit as COD being covid with in 28 days of a positive test no matter what killed you. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Literally a 5 second Google search for fact-checking.

"A survey by dpa at several Israeli hospitals revealed that the video was recorded at the  Shamir Medical Center in Be'er Ya'akov. "This is part of a promotional video being filmed at Shamir Medical Center these days," a hospital spokesperson confirmed to dpa. “What you see in the video is our new emergency parking lot,” he explains. "This is a demonstration of how the parking garage can be converted into a hospital ward."

The people featured in the video are not actual patients. "The doctors are really doctors and some other hospital staff. The 'patients' are boys and girls of 18 years, who also work in the hospital," said the spokesman. The final promotional video is not online yet. The recordings have only just been completed.

The images are not proof that the corona pandemic was staged or intended to terrify people. This is only about turning promotional material for a new innovation of the hospital in Be'er Ya'akov."

The promotional video has been since released.

I’m sure @UNIQUE will have some form of answer for you.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Literally a 5 second Google search for fact-checking.

"A survey by dpa at several Israeli hospitals revealed that the video was recorded at the  Shamir Medical Center in Be'er Ya'akov. "This is part of a promotional video being filmed at Shamir Medical Center these days," a hospital spokesperson confirmed to dpa. “What you see in the video is our new emergency parking lot,” he explains. "This is a demonstration of how the parking garage can be converted into a hospital ward."

The people featured in the video are not actual patients. "The doctors are really doctors and some other hospital staff. The 'patients' are boys and girls of 18 years, who also work in the hospital," said the spokesman. The final promotional video is not online yet. The recordings have only just been completed.

The images are not proof that the corona pandemic was staged or intended to terrify people. This is only about turning promotional material for a new innovation of the hospital in Be'er Ya'akov."

The promotional video has been since released.

if that vid never made it on the net you can bet your ass it would have made it onto a news channel. now im not one of them nut bags that think covid is not real. i know its real because i had it and i know people that have died with it but i just wonder why if it is as bad as they say why do governments cook the books to make it look worst than it is. i dont want to know how many people died with covid i want to know how many people died of covid. when a government lies to make something look worst then you need to worry. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

if that vid never made it on the net you can bet your ass it would have made it onto a news channel. now im not one of them nut bags that think covid is not real. i know its real because i had it and i know people that have died with it but i just wonder why if it is as bad as they say why do governments cook the books to make it look worst than it is. i dont want to know how many people died with covid i want to know how many people died of covid. when a government lies to make something look worst then you need to worry. 

Yet here you are sharing videos under a false pretence. Why else would post that here unless you thought it was real and it’s all a big coverup? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Yet here you are sharing videos under a false pretence. Why else would post that here unless you thought it was real and it’s all a big coverup? 

well because i know its real but i also know the government are lying about it. 

• Haha 1

does nobody care or worry about why governments lie about the stats. governments always lie to make things seem better than they are. they like to tell you stuff that makes them look good. when they lie and it makes them look bad then you need to worry. 

Edited by UNIQUE