talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

I wear a mask in the car sometimes, but not because of catching Covid just because I can't be arsed putting it in the door storage and taking it out again, I'll just stick the mask on and it's one less job to do. 

@DeadLinesman told me that he sneezes on vegetables in the supermarket and puts them back, so not something that I'd be listening to personally.

• Haha 1

• Administrator
4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

If you wear a mask on your own in the car, you should be reported to Operation Yewtree.

Had the same thought earlier. Saw a couple of drivers do this and I was thinking 'what the fuck are you doing? You're on your own in your car. Literally no need to wear one if you're the only one there xD

• Upvote 2

On 18/06/2021 at 00:23, Stan said:

Had the same thought earlier. Saw a couple of drivers do this and I was thinking 'what the fuck are you doing? You're on your own in your car. Literally no need to wear one if you're the only one there xD

I bet those weirdos don't eat onions. 

22 hours ago, Inverted said:

I just got moderna-fied this morning. 

So far no symptoms at all apart from a bit pain in my arm where the needle went in. 

First jab or second?

First moderna jab I felt nothing other than the arm soreness. The second one though is where the next day felt a bit shit. But magically the day after I felt totally fine xD

Israel's now reporting an outbreak of the delta variant... and that's concerning because they're the most vaccinated country in the world.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

First jab or second?

First moderna jab I felt nothing other than the arm soreness. The second one though is where the next day felt a bit shit. But magically the day after I felt totally fine xD

Israel's now reporting an outbreak of the delta variant... and that's concerning because they're the most vaccinated country in the world.

The vaccine doesn't stop COVID though so is it that concerning? It just stops (or meant to stop) serious hospitalisations/death. Given those category's numbers have severely dropped and stayed low in UK whilst this Delta Variant is rife, it's a promising sign that the vaccine works/is working... 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

The vaccine doesn't stop COVID though so is it that concerning? It just stops (or meant to stop) serious hospitalisations/death. Given those category's numbers have severely dropped and stayed low in UK whilst this Delta Variant is rife, it's a promising sign that the vaccine works/is working... 

I'm not sure if that's right, tbh? I think the vaccine's meant to stop the virus at a rate of whatever it's efficacy rate is. These MRNA ones work different to other vaccines we've had in our lifetimes - but I think it's still meant to be thought of as working at a vaccine.

Just like how getting a flu vaccine doesn't guarantee that you'll be protected against every flu variant out there. But they do protect against certain strains of the flu at a certain efficacy rate. That's what's happening here. So technically this is nothing abnormal.

I think the concern comes from these following points, this: It's a novel virus - which means that we've got only so many vaccines out and they're all brand new. Now we're seeing a new variant spreading within a highly vaccinated population indicates that the virus can mutate into variants that our current vaccines can't handle. I'm no a virologist - so I can't tell you whether that puts us all the way back at the "mad scramble for the world to develop a vaccine" time period or if it would just be a minor setback. But it's definitely something to consider.

I think it's pretty clear the vaccine works. But that doesn't mean there should be no cause for concern in a vaccinated population.

17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

First jab or second?

First. As you say my arm was pretty sore late in the evening and in the early morning after. Otherwise, in the evening of the first day I was also a little bit coughy and I felt quite tired, but I dont even know if that was the jab or if I was just sleepy. 

Overall, by midday of the day after I felt completely over it. People all seem to say the soreness is worse with the second dose, so I’m curious if it works out that way for me. 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

First. As you say my arm was pretty sore late in the evening and in the early morning after. Otherwise, in the evening of the first day I was also a little bit coughy and I felt quite tired, but I dont even know if that was the jab or if I was just sleepy. 

Overall, by midday of the day after I felt completely over it. People all seem to say the soreness is worse with the second dose, so I’m curious if it works out that way for me. 

For me the soreness was less bad for the second jab… but I did feel more side effects overall after the second. But just for a day. Seems like there’s loads of possible reactions to it. If you’re lucky you won’t feel much for the second jab at all!

• Subscriber
On 25/06/2021 at 10:56, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Time for my second.

Considering what I've heard about the side effects of the second dose (if you're fine after the first one), this should be fun. 

Me and the wife are still in the land of the living after having our 2nd jab over a month ago so you should be ok...I think? O.o

9 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Me and the wife are still in the land of the living after having our 2nd jab over a month ago so you should be ok...I think? O.o

Considering what I'd been hearing (that the side effects of the second jab is worse than the first), bar the slightest bit of an ache in my arm I had no side effects whatsoever. 

At the same time, the woman who gave me the jab had heard from someone else earlier that day saying that the second was meant to show less effects than the first, so who knows at this point. xD

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Considering what I'd been hearing (that the side effects of the second jab is worse than the first), bar the slightest bit of an ache in my arm I had no side effects whatsoever. 

At the same time, the woman who gave me the jab had heard from someone else earlier that day saying that the second was meant to show less effects than the first, so who knows at this point. xD

I think you will be ok and the only side effects we have was in the sleep mode, well, me, anyway, I keep crashing out on the sofa here especially when I have had something to eat.

They were going on about having a booster jab sometime later on and that would not bother me going for it if when but the wife said they can go to bloody hell, she said 2 jabs were enough for her. xD

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I think you will be ok and the only side effects we have was in the sleep mode, well, me, anyway, I keep crashing out on the sofa here especially when I have had something to eat.

They were going on about having a booster jab sometime later on and that would not bother me going for it if when but the wife said they can go to bloody hell, she said 2 jabs were enough for her. xD

Great stuff. xD

They've been saying the same for Wales and, from what I read, it would only be for the priority groups. That should mean that I wouldn't have it (I'm under the age of 50, not vulnerable and not a front line worker) but when I had a letter back in April, it mentioned that I was in priority 2 (healthcare and care workers) but remain unvaccinated. I work in the NHS but not as a frontline member of staff, but as I had the letter in the first place about being unvaccinated, I was considered part of the priority 2 group. 

Because of this, I could end up being offered the booster but will have to wait and see. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Great stuff. xD

They've been saying the same for Wales and, from what I read, it would only be for the priority groups. That should mean that I wouldn't have it (I'm under the age of 50, not vulnerable and not a front line worker) but when I had a letter back in April, it mentioned that I was in priority 2 (healthcare and care workers) but remain unvaccinated. I work in the NHS but not as a frontline member of staff, but as I had the letter in the first place about being unvaccinated, I was considered part of the priority 2 group. 

Because of this, I could end up being offered the booster but will have to wait and see. 

The wife listens to too much shite on Facebook with people ranting on you could end up dead bla, bla, bla having a booster and I told her that "Stop believing all the bull shit you read on Facebook..." 

I would be a top priority with my age plus I have asthma, COPD, sciatica and a heart failure condition so I would have it just in case we get a new virus from outer space next!!!!  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47r08ggwsfsstlemfr8h

• Haha 1

Covid: Europe risks new wave, WHO warns - BBC News

There's been an increase in infections in Europe. I am not being funny, but when I was getting on the coach in Glasgow, the coach driver took my temperature and he said that my temperature was higher than usual, but still acceptable enough to be allowed on the coach. I am not sure if I caught anything up at Hampden Park, but I do have a minor headache and my left arm has a slight ache. I've been putting it off, but maybe it's time for me to get the vaccine. :/

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is there still a mandatory quarantine for people from the US coming to the UK? I really want to go home ASAP

I didn't realise you were in the States. xD

Yes, the US is still an Amber list country, so if you return soon, then you will have to quarantine for 10 days and take two COVID-19 tests. The first test should be taken on day 2 and the second one on day 8 of your quarantine. I had to go through all this in May, when I returned to the UK from Ukraine. The tests don't come cheap either. :/

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I didn't realise you were in the States. xD

Yes, the US is still an Amber list country, so if you return soon, then you will have to quarantine for 10 days and take two COVID-19 tests. The first test should be taken on day 2 and the second one on day 8 of your quarantine. I had to go through all this in May, when I returned to the UK from Ukraine. The tests don't come cheap either. :/

Ah shit, I'll probably wait for the US to stop being Amber then - I'm a cheap arsehole and don't really want to pay for the tests xD

• Haha 1