talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

This is the continuation of the story from April (I think), when a nurse admitted to have swapped six jabs with saline water, as she said she accidentally dropped the vaccine vial and didn't want anyone to find out. Now the police are saying that they are not sure if that's the case - it is possible that those 6 cases were the only ones, but they also do not dismiss the possibility of more jabs being manipulated by her, so around 8500 people who received their vaccinations during that period of time have been offered a new jab as a precaution.

Apparently she's being investigated into whether or not she's an anti-vaxxer (I dunno how prevalent those are in Germany). Pretty crazy story though.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

My youngest brother has caught the virus twice within in a month, I know reinfection can happen but I imagine that's very unlikely and very back luck. It's happened though.

Reinfection or reactivation?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently she's being investigated into whether or not she's an anti-vaxxer (I dunno how prevalent those are in Germany). Pretty crazy story though.

Still not as crazy as the one in India where a hospital charged people for the vaccine and injected them with saline water instead xD 

• Wow 1

20 minutes ago, nudge said:

Reinfection or reactivation?

He caught it in mid July, did his isolation and what not, felt better, got a negative test (albeit a home one) and went back to normal. Last weekend he started to feel ill again, at first thinking it was just a hangover but it lingered after a few days. Did a home test, negative, had the symptoms so did a PCR to be on the safe side and that came back positive. I'm aware you can test positive for the virus months after you've had it but it does seem a strange case. 

To be honest with you I had to Google 'reactivation' to find out more. I'm still not sure in my brother's case.

Edited by carefreeluke

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

she's an anti-vaxxer (I dunno how prevalent those are in Germany). 

Very prevalent unfortunately. That's why we probably won't reach herd immunity. Lots of crazy conspiracy theorists around too. One "famous" german pop singer posted today, that all vaccinated people will be dead by September. Unfortunately he has a lot of followers and fans who probably believe bullshit like that. Also, you remember 99 Red Balloons singer Nena? She's turned into a proper nutcase as well and encourages her fans to ignore all hygiene concepts etc. But she was always crazy. So it's not that big of a surprise. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

He caught it in mid July, did his isolation and what not, felt better, got a negative test (albeit a home one) and went back to normal. Last weekend he started to feel ill again, at first thinking it was just a hangover but it lingered after a few days. Did a home test, negative, had the symptoms so did a PCR to be on the safe side and that came back positive. I'm aware you can test positive for the virus months after you've had it but it does seem a strange case. 

To be honest with you I had to Google 'reactivation' to find out more. I'm still not sure in my brother's case.

The lateral flow tests aren't very reliable for negatives apparently. If you've only got "a bit" of Covid, either in the incubation period or during recovery, they miss positive cases that the PCR tests pick up.

Doesn't really change the situation though, annoying for him.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That's why we probably won't reach herd immunity.

You can forget herd immunity altogether, in Germany or worldwide. With the latest developments and new research in recent weeks, it's pretty obvious that herd immunity is an unreachable and unrealistic pipe dream. 

• Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

@nudge  @Tommy I'm surprised there is a lot of vaccine hesitantcy in Germany. I would have thought you guys would have been one of the least 

Also nudge I know your not actually German you are some kind of hybrid of every nation but old habits diehard 

Edited by Guest

Just got my second jab with only 4 days to spare until I hit the 12 week deadline. 

Never heard anything from my local health board and checked and no appointment had ever been made for me. So I had to go to a drop in centre during my lunch break.

And they wonder why the young in the UK "aren't getting their jabs".

• Upvote 2

How many are still working from home? I'm due back in the office from the start of next month for three days a week. Just read something that has come from Sage though warning about a sharp increase in hospital admissions next month and WFH could help ease it. How long am I going to be back in the office before the recommendation is to WFH home again?xD

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How many are still working from home? I'm due back in the office from the start of next month for three days a week. Just read something that has come from Sage though warning about a sharp increase in hospital admissions next month and WFH could help ease it. How long am I going to be back in the office before the recommendation is to WFH home again?xD

I've been back in the office for a while now - but my wife's still working from home and the date she's been given to return is sometime next year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 20/05/2021 at 22:04, MUFC said:

I'm 100% certain there will be one in August, at the latest by the end of September.

On 20/05/2021 at 22:07, Stan said:

Based on what?

Vaccine works against the Indian variant so far.

Cases aren't spiking.

Hospitalisations aren't shooting up dramatically.

Deaths are still mega low.

On 20/05/2021 at 22:10, MUFC said:

It's early to say if it's the vaccine working or if it's lockdown or a combination of both. Cases always decrease when everyone is locked down. I'm 100% sure there'll be a lockdown before the end of September. Would you like an E Bet lol.

On 20/05/2021 at 22:12, Stan said:

We've been out of 'lockdown' since end of March...

So far, all vaccines are proving to work against all variants. If these variants were that serious, why have we not seen case numbers/deaths spike up or have a serious effect?

Go for it. What are the stakes?

On 21/05/2021 at 09:11, Stan said:

A donation to the forum. £50?

No full lockdown by September 1st - you donate £50 to the forum.

Full lockdown in place by September 1st - I'll donat £50 to the forum.

Deal? 

On 21/05/2021 at 10:12, MUFC said:

mmmm, good starting point. But for me any form of lockdown is a lockdown. My lawyer advises any lockdown at all is victory for me. I'll donate £25 if wrong.

On 02/06/2021 at 13:40, Stan said:

Get your donations ready mate. 

@MUFC I even gave you a whole month's grace and now I think a donation to the forum is due ;)

• Upvote 1