talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

My Nana is getting a booster jab soon. I'm not going to lie, I've gotten so tired of the increasingly deranged antivax "arguments" that I avoid reading much about the science anymore and am now just going to wait for whatever public health advice is given.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

My Nana is getting a booster jab soon. I'm not going to lie, I've gotten so tired of the increasingly deranged antivax "arguments" that I avoid reading much about the science anymore and am now just going to wait for whatever public health advice is given.

I think for the elderly, boosters should be given. But the general population at large? I'm not so sure - at least not until vaccines can be distributed to other parts of the world and we get get the worldwide numbers of vaccinated much higher... but I doubt western countries will go for putting other countries ahead of them.

I know a couple of people who have each had an elderly relative (88 and 92years old) catch Covid in the last few months, and both pulled through ok. 

It's anecdotal but I suppose it illustrates what the vaccines do best. I would have imagined if either of them had been infected in the initial wave when there was no vaccine, one or both of them likely wouldn't have pulled through.

On 12/10/2021 at 19:07, RandoEFC said:

I can understand how someone could be cautious. I can even understand how someone could become an anti vaxer even if they are a reasonable intelligent person. Its quite easy to get caught out. For me if I have any doubts I would ask my doctor. But I don't need to because every single anti vax argument can be debunked easily. The only one where they do have a bit of a point is the long term affects. But even with that they really dont have of a point  because the science they use is based on existing science and so they can be relatively certain that there wont be terrible  long term effects or that if there are they will be for a small minority. And also we dont know the long term affects of virtually everything. I dont even mean just medican. I mean even materials we wear or build with could have bad long term affects. No one knew about asbestos. So there is always a risk. This is what happens when regular people go up against scientists. They just get torn apart.

• Subscriber
On 12/10/2021 at 19:07, RandoEFC said:

Good on your Nana, I am 72, the wife is 73, the wife's big sis and brother-in-law are in their 70's and we all have had our 2 Covid jabs and just recently had our yearly flu jabs and we are still in the land of the living, I never bother reading all this shite on the media, Facebook etc about you should not get a jab of any kind if they asked us if we would like a booster jab that would suit us fine, no bother. :coffee:

Animals in the west are getting vaccine rollouts - I dunno if it's the same vaccines humans get... but if it is that's pretty appalling considering the developing world is in serious need of vaccines. The longer the developing world struggles with COVID, the longer this global pandemic continues longer than it needs to.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Animals in the west are getting vaccine rollouts - I dunno if it's the same vaccines humans get... but if it is that's pretty appalling considering the developing world is in serious need of vaccines. The longer the developing world struggles with COVID, the longer this global pandemic continues longer than it needs to.

It's not the same vaccine :) 

• Upvote 1

Distribution of vaccines has really exposed the false and shitty economic nationalism that one country's prosperity is opposed to every other. Certain degree of all round prosperity is necessary and good for all. 

It's not just between developed and underdeveloped world. UK and France have been dicks to each other time to time since Brexit. France like diverted millions of vaccines meant for UK to itself.

Plague of the world.

Natural immunity proven to be 13 times more effective than the vaccine. if they do another lockdown it's clearly to destroy businesses as a lock down doesn't even work anyway, it's just another flu virus that 99% of people will be fine recovering from, it's nice to see more people are waking up now (maybe not on here :4_joy:)

"It's just a mask."
"It's just six feet."
"It's just two weeks."
"It's just non essential businesses."
"It's just non essential workers."
"It's just a bar."
"It's just a restaurant."
"It's just to keep from overwhelming the hospitals."
"It's just to make the cases go down."
"It's just to flatten the curve."
"It's just a few inmates."
"It's just to keep others from getting scared."
"It's just for a few more weeks."
"It's just church, you could still pray."
"It's just a bracelet."
"It's just an app."
"It's just for tracing."
"It's just to let others know you're safe to be around."
"It's just to let others know who you've been in contact with."
"It's just a few more months."
"It's just large gatherings."
"It's just a rare side-effect."
"It's just a vaccine."
"It's just for the vulnerable."
"It's just to protect children."
"It's just a little microchip."
"It's just a blood test."
"It's just a scan."
"It's just for medical information."
"It's just a vaccination certificate."
"It's just like a credit card."
"It's just a few places that don't take cash."
"It's just so you can travel."
"It's just so you can get your driver's license."
"It's just so you can vote."
"It's just a few more years."
It's just the NEW WORLD ORDER.

“It’s just…” – Why I Won’t Submit

• Subscriber

It's very telling of the anti-vaxx lockdown-sceptic psyche that they've if anything got more vocal and angry since the lockdown restrictions were lifted. It's almost as if the majority of them are just angry and confused individuals with a chip on their shoulder who saw their opportunity for some righteous outrage and now that all of the things they were complaining about have stopped they're clinging onto it because they liked having an excuse to wind themselves up and point the finger at someone or something else.

I don't know that anyone is advocating for another lockdown but looking at the cases and deaths in the UK at the moment it shouldn't be so controversial to take simple mitigations such as people working from home where it's not going to have too much impact on productivity and an increase in mask wearing on public transport. 

The UK has a government and ruling party who won't even set a responsible example by wearing masks in a full House of Commons. The UK is also having the worst time (again) of comparable countries despite getting a huge head start on vaccination. It's not a coincidence.

Viruses mutate faster than new vaccines can be created and delivered. They mutate even faster here due to us having such a cosmopolitan population with comings and goings. 

Most people taking the vaccine probably don't need it yet just follow govt guidelines to be PC.

I went to London in the week, train and tube most not wearing masks.

I didn't for a spell on the overground as just about the only one in the carriage. 

Kind of surprised no adverts for mask wearing on the overland. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
22 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

if they do another lockdown it's clearly to destroy businesses

With needing the economy to recover after the last 2 years, what would the incentive be to destroy businesses? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

With needing the economy to recover after the last 2 years, what would the incentive be to destroy businesses? 

Do you not find it strange that they are pushing an experimental vaccine & destroying business for a virus that has a 99% survival rate?  the new flu that is never going away? it's just going to keep mutating like the normal flu so you going to need shot after shot ..on top of that natural immunity is far more effective than any shot ..there goal is a totalitarian society and police state, microchips are coming and depending on your social score will determine which zones you can travel too, they already doing it in China. smart motorways, electric cars, etc etc  ..you are going to get a chip in your hand, that's how you will pay for things, get identified, some call it the mark of the beast 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Do you not find it strange that they are pushing an experimental vaccine & destroying business for a virus that has a 99% survival rate?  the new flu that is never going away? it's just going to keep mutating like the normal flu so you going to need shot after shot ..on top of that natural immunity is far more effective than any shot ..there goal is a totalitarian society and police state, microchips are coming and depending on your social score will determine which zones you can travel too, they already doing it in China. smart motorways, electric cars, etc etc  ..you are going to get a chip in your hand, that's how you will pay for things, get identified, some call it the mark of the beast 

You are totally gone beyond saving. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

It's one thing having had a traumatic personal experience with a vaccine in the past. It's quite another spreading deranged and baseless conspiracy theories on the internet.

You might think you're having a laugh, I genuinely don't know, but when we're back up to 100-200 people dying a day in the country, many of them that would be surviving if they'd taken the vaccine and haven't, often because people like you are peddling nonsense like this on much bigger platforms than this one. Bad information is literally killing people and it isn't a laughing matter.

You don't want to get vaccinated, that's fine, but what I don't understand is how anti-vaxxers are obsessed with the "I won't be told what to put in my body" line yet can't shut the fuck up trying to scare other people about what to put in their bodies. It's irresponsible and dangerous.

The science speaks for itself. If you have good personal reasons to ignore the science and not get vaccinated then keep it personal, chance it yourself and let everyone else make the personal choice you claim to be such an advocate of. We've all heard you say your piece now. Why are you still going? What do you have to prove here? People on this forum have lost loved ones to this virus and your patter about the vaccine is so ill-informed that it's hard to take seriously and comes across as a wind-up. At some point you're going to seriously offend someone.

Having a different opinion is fine but none of us need to be reminded of it every 5 minutes when it comes to sensitive topics like people's health.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

You are absolutely crackers

• Haha 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I guess you lot believe you are on a 1000mph spinning ball which is shooting through space at 67,000mph at the same time? ...and you think im crackers :35_thinking: :4_joy:

It's actually 1037mph. 

• Haha 1