talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harry said:

The deaths are majority unvaccinated

If you're talking raw numbers (and not rates per 100.000), then it's not necessarily true for every country anymore.

In the UK, over 70% of Covid deaths in the last three weeks were fully vaccinated. 

IMG_20211114_005514.jpg

In Germany, it was around 40%, a huge increase compared to previous months, and appears to be rising.

IMG_20211114_010109.jpg

In Ireland, it's about 50% since April.

IMG_20211114_014956.jpg

• Upvote 1

A lot more people are vacinated though. I remember reading about that before because anti vaxers were using it as an argument but scientists pointed out it was what they expected 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Really hoping Europe hold its nerve and does do lockdowns again over winter. 

The deaths are majority unvaccinated, which is almost exclusively by choice. 

20211112_195740.jpg

Thats not correct in the UK, over 70% of deaths are double jabbed and 87% of the people in hospital with covid problems are double jabbed too  ..natural immunity is 15 times better than the vaccines and you won't end up like Aguero with heart problems 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

A lot more people are vacinated though. I remember reading about that before because anti vaxers were using it as an argument but scientists pointed out it was what they expected 

Yes, and the rates per 100.000 reflect it well. But as much as I'm aware, @Harry was not talking about rates, he was talking about actual number of deaths, - and it's obvious that breakthrough cases have been on the rise and are becoming a reasonable concern, so the outdated narrative that the unvaccinated make up the huge majority of positive cases, hospital and ICU admissions, as well as deaths is simply not universally true anymore, and yet it is still being almost universally used to justify highly questionable things like domestic vaccination passports, "lockdowns for unvaccinated", or in extreme cases straight out banning democratically elected MPs from participating in the political decision making process, not to mention dividing the society.

Not every COVID discussion is or has to be a "pro-vaxx vs anti-vaxx" battle, either. It's fucking tiresome. The vaccine obviously has its advantages and contributes a lot to preventing severe cases and deaths, but it's not some miraculous solution to all our problems, and it should be possible to discuss its shortcomings - whether it's the limited prevention of infection and transmission or waning immunity after just a few months - without getting drawn into the whole anti-vaxx vs pro-vaxx nonsense, no?...

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Happy Blue please stop spreading misinformation or untrue opinions. You've still yet to produce conclusive proof that Aguero's heart problems are in any way linked to Covid-19/vaccinations. 

Of course its the vaccine, young sportsmen around the world are dropping like flys with heart problems  ..watch this video

Edited by Happy Blue

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Of course its the vaccine, young sportsmen around the world are dropping like flys with heart problems 

You have no proof. You're just spouting speculation and it's not helpful. To anyone. 

10 hours ago, nudge said:

If you're talking raw numbers (and not rates per 100.000), then it's not necessarily true for every country anymore.

In the UK, over 70% of Covid deaths in the last three weeks were fully vaccinated. 

IMG_20211114_005514.jpg

In Germany, it was around 40%, a huge increase compared to previous months, and appears to be rising.

IMG_20211114_010109.jpg

In Ireland, it's about 50% since April.

IMG_20211114_014956.jpg

I know but raw rates are pointless when 90% of the population, and even higher in the worst affected age groups are vaccinated

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Of course its the vaccine, young sportsmen around the world are dropping like flys with heart problems  ..watch this video

20 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Watch that video I just posted

If this video doesn't contain any actual proof or mention of Aguero and a link to Covid-19 I'll ban you for a week. Minimum. 

• Administrator

Turns out the video is just a fucking song with mention of articles of sportsmen/women suffering from cardiac or heart issues. 

No mention of Covid-19. 

You're a lost cause. Lost in your own head. Literally no help for you. You don't help anyone when posting shite like that. What do you want people to do? Watch that and go batshit crazy like other deluded anti-vaxxers? You're a fucking joke. Sorry. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 3

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Harry said:

I know but raw rates are pointless when 90% of the population, and even higher in the worst affected age groups are vaccinated

Yeah, it doesn't change the fact that the majority of deaths in the last three weeks were not unvaccinated in certain countries though. 

Are the raw numbers completely pointless though? They might be pointless in evaluating the effectiveness of the vaccine as they do give out a wrong impression, but they are important if we talk about overloading hospitals and healthcare system in general - the main reason of new restrictions and lockdowns in European countries at the moment. The fact that breakthrough cases are rising significantly (and more than expected previously) and more and more fully vaccinated land in hospitals and ICU is very concerning, and signals that current vaccines alone will not be enough to end the pandemic. Yet instead of talking about that, the politicians are playing the blame game and creating a narrative where the unvaccinated alone are solely responsible for the spread and clogging hospitals which is clearly not the whole truth, is it?

45 minutes ago, Stan said:

Turns out the video is just a fucking song with mention of articles of sportsmen/women suffering from cardiac or heart issues. 

No mention of Covid-19. 

You're a lost cause. Lost in your own head. Literally no help for you. You don't help anyone when posting shite like that. What do you want people to do? Watch that and go batshit crazy like other deluded anti-vaxxers? You're a fucking joke. Sorry. 

Funny, that's how i feel about you :35_thinking: ..these sportsmen dropping like this with heart problems is not normal, it's rare but since the vaccine they been dropping like flys, sorry you don't like the truth mate or fail to see it, i hope you wake up soon

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Funny, that's how i feel about you :35_thinking: ..these sportsmen dropping like this with heart problems is not normal, it's rare but since the vaccine they been dropping like flys, sorry you don't like the truth mate or fail to see it, i hope you wake up soon

The truth? 

I've asked you about 4 times to give a link between Aguero and Covid and all you've done is provide a video of various articles where heart problems have affected sportspeople. And not one of those mention covid. You've got it in your steroid-filled head that it HAS to be covid and nothing else. You've assumed. There's a reason why those articles DON'T mention covid. It's because they can't fucking prove it so can't spread the misinformation that you desire to. You're actually a danger to other people. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

@StanThey cant mention covid because the video would be banned, ..Lets just leave it here mate, you can all think for yourselves and i don't want to fall out with you just because you have a different few, seems you are taking it personal 

Exactly - ask yourselves why they can't mention covid and ask yourselves why they would be banned?! 

Because they can't spread rumours or assumptions.

You've added 2+2, got 5 and are now trying to convince the world you are correct and everyone else is dumb for not believing you... 

Just now, Stan said:

Exactly - ask yourselves why they can't mention covid and ask yourselves why they would be banned?! 

Because they can't spread rumours or assumptions.

You've added 2+2, got 5 and are now trying to convince the world you are correct and everyone else is dumb for not believing you... 

I never said anything like that and i wouldn't knock someone for believing something different, i don't get triggered by people not agreeing with me mate :) ..them sportsman dropping like that is not normal