talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I never said anything like that and i wouldn't knock someone for believing something different, i don't get triggered by people not agreeing with me mate :) ..them sportsman dropping like that is not normal

And you've attributed it to covid, hence your reasons for Aguero having heart problems the first thing you think of is covid. With absolutely no proof. Yet you're still happy to spread that information with no true basis. That's my gripe. 

You definitely do get triggered. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

And you've attributed it to covid, hence your reasons for Aguero having heart problems the first thing you think of is covid. With absolutely no proof. Yet you're still happy to spread that information with no true basis. That's my gripe. 

You definitely do get triggered. 

People are free to draw there own conclusions and i'm definitely not bothered by what other people think mate :4_joy: i read every post with a smile :) 

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Funny, that's how i feel about you :35_thinking: ..these sportsmen dropping like this with heart problems is not normal, it's rare but since the vaccine they been dropping like flys, sorry you don't like the truth mate or fail to see it, i hope you wake up soon

Um… it’s happened before way before covid was a thing

36 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Few and far between, now it's happening alot, most goes un-reported because it's amateur sports

I dunno if we can say that without proof linking the 2. Heart attacks at amateur matches things have been going up in lots of sports in the past decade. There’s a number of things it could be attributed to more than covid, like diet and the general healthiness of the population.

We also don’t know who’s had covid and has long term effects of the virus, because it does target the heart, and then subsequently thinking they’re better as they carry long term effects.

But it’s really just guessing without the data.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I dunno if we can say that without proof linking the 2. Heart attacks at amateur matches things have been going up in lots of sports in the past decade. There’s a number of things it could be attributed to more than covid, like diet and the general healthiness of the population.

We also don’t know who’s had covid and has long term effects of the virus, because it does target the heart, and then subsequently thinking they’re better as they carry long term effects.

But it’s really just guessing without the data.

Hey, i've nailed the Obituary live sound, i will post it up later ;)

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, nudge said:

Yeah, it doesn't change the fact that the majority of deaths in the last three weeks were not unvaccinated in certain countries though. 

Are the raw numbers completely pointless though? They might be pointless in evaluating the effectiveness of the vaccine as they do give out a wrong impression, but they are important if we talk about overloading hospitals and healthcare system in general - the main reason of new restrictions and lockdowns in European countries at the moment. The fact that breakthrough cases are rising significantly (and more than expected previously) and more and more fully vaccinated land in hospitals and ICU is very concerning, and signals that current vaccines alone will not be enough to end the pandemic. Yet instead of talking about that, the politicians are playing the blame game and creating a narrative where the unvaccinated alone are solely responsible for the spread and clogging hospitals which is clearly not the whole truth, is it?

Sorry I don't mean to downplay that death post Vax is still an issue, but it was always going to be, and any suggestion otherwise was media misrepresentation.

But in terms of raw numbers, the Vaccinated are still a huge block of the population, (with a skew towards the older bracket,) who have reduced their contribution towards the healthcare overload situation as much as possible. 

Waning immunity is an issue but I think the bigger one is that northern winter is coming. And that is sure to drive a wave..

Booster jabs are needed, kids can soon be vaccinated to drive higher immunity in the total population (although their contribution to hospitalisation is low) but I think if Europe starts going back to lockdowns this winter is hard to see this pandemic ever ending.

They have just been saying in parliament that if they go ahead and mandate the vaccine like planned for health care workers with the numbers of workers saying they wont vaccinate the health care will be projected to be 3 times more overwhelmed than it is now, not because of covid but due to being understaffed. a lot more people will die from the 10 more serious illness than covid is killing right now  ..total madness!!

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Just heard on the news from a professor/scientific expert that the risk of heart inflammation is much lower than first thought, including for younger people/children as well as adults.

Just to reiterate, this was heard from a scientific expert as opposed to your average protein-shaking, steroid-taking, gym-goer. Just saying.

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Harry said:

Sorry I don't mean to downplay that death post Vax is still an issue, but it was always going to be, and any suggestion otherwise was media misrepresentation.

But in terms of raw numbers, the Vaccinated are still a huge block of the population, (with a skew towards the older bracket,) who have reduced their contribution towards the healthcare overload situation as much as possible. 

Waning immunity is an issue but I think the bigger one is that northern winter is coming. And that is sure to drive a wave..

Booster jabs are needed, kids can soon be vaccinated to drive higher immunity in the total population (although their contribution to hospitalisation is low) but I think if Europe starts going back to lockdowns this winter is hard to see this pandemic ever ending.

Seems we're not really understanding each other here :) I mostly agree with you, but the problems is not the deaths, but rather the fact that hospitals and especially ICUs are filling again (with both vaccinated and unvaccinated), and that is what drives the new wave (no pun intended) of restrictions right now. It doesn't look good in most countries. Probably no hard lockdown again, but most restrictive measures are being brought back again in many places, and I expect even more in the next couple of weeks. 

Science presents itself as a know all yet it does not know all just the things it is funded to study. Then if they find a reaction or correlation they ask for volunteers who are all meant to be in good health to test their hypothesis.

Now the companies pushing this will have shareholders and so publicity is carefully controlled so as to not affect the share price....... and then you have MPs receiving money for lobbying.

I like history and remember Alexander the Great from northern Greece being in modern day Pakistan and his army  revolting saying after 12 years on campaign they wanted to return home. Many of these were in their 60's and 70's. 

No vaccinations, drinking dubious stream and river water with just one meal a day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Just heard on the news from a professor/scientific expert that the risk of heart inflammation is much lower than first thought, including for younger people/children as well as adults.

Just to reiterate, this was heard from a scientific expert as opposed to your average protein-shaking, steroid-taking, gym-goer. Just saying.

Yeah, but can you trust that bastard! :35_thinking:

26 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Science presents itself as a know all yet it does not know all just the things it is funded to study. Then if they find a reaction or correlation they ask for volunteers who are all meant to be in good health to test their hypothesis.

Isn't that just the nature of science? You learn more things as you go - and this was a novel virus when the first outbreaks started spreading. We are honestly fortunate that there was vaccine work done for SARS and MERS that could be built on for the current vaccines we have available and that we weren't having to have our scientists make a vaccine from scratch.

I don't think scientists changing their mind about things they uncover about what was very recently a novel virus is that much of a concern - I think it would be weirder if scientists positions weren't changing based off what they've learned from their observations.

I don't think viewing "science" as a know it all is really the right way to be looking at it. Scientists make their decisions based off what they observe and what they learn - the more we observe and learn from COVID the better their guidance will be. Using science to back decisions made for medical health/public health is very reasonable because it's based off what experts have observed and learned from.

I think it's certainly better than relying on business decisions for matters of public health (because when you put profits ahead of public health, it'll dictate that everything goes back to pretty much what life was like pre-pandemic without much concern for how many people die of COVID) or what's politically convenient (which I think Boris Johnson still hasn't really learned xD)

• Upvote 3

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Waylander said:

OH NO!!

What a travesty this must be.

44 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Now the companies pushing this will have shareholders and so publicity is carefully controlled so as to not affect the share price....... and then you have MPs receiving money for lobbying.

I like history and remember Alexander the Great from northern Greece being in modern day Pakistan and his army  revolting saying after 12 years on campaign they wanted to return home. Many of these were in their 60's and 70's. 

No vaccinations, drinking dubious stream and river water with just one meal a day.

100% 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Isn't that just the nature of science? You learn more things as you go - and this was a novel virus when the first outbreaks started spreading.

A lot of people are claiming Tony Fauci made covid-19, any thoughts?  ..not had chance to look into this yet, US senator Rand Paul seems convinced and Fauci been caught lying

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

A lot of people are claiming Tony Fauci made covid-19, any thoughts?  ..not had chance to look into this yet, US senator Rand Paul seems convinced and Fauci been caught lying

Tucker Carlson is an absolute moron and shouldn't be listened to by anybody. And Rand Paul isn't stupid, but he's a very dishonest man that is just using the virus and the reactions to things like being told to wear masks or get vaccinated to score political points.

Rand Paul's most upset by the world being impacted by COVID but doesn't want anyone to do anything that would mitigate the risk of COVID or move society on. And despite being vaccinated is a very loud voice against people being vaccinated.

He's a hypocritical arsehole playing up "freedom" for political points while offering no way forward to provide society with actual freedom from the virus.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tucker Carlson is an absolute moron and shouldn't be listened to by anybody. And Rand Paul isn't stupid, but he's a very dishonest man that is just using the virus and the reactions to things like being told to wear masks or get vaccinated to score political points.

Rand Paul's most upset by the world being impacted by COVID but doesn't want anyone to do anything that would mitigate the risk of COVID or move society on. And despite being vaccinated is a very loud voice against people being vaccinated.

He's a hypocritical arsehole playing up "freedom" for political points while offering no way forward to provide society with actual freedom from the virus.

Seems a bit far fetched, probably saying this because Wuhan has a chemical warfare lab, prob wont wast my time with this one :4_joy:

Edited by Happy Blue

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What the hell. 

The amount of shit the American right wing has said about Fauci, because he's taken the virus seriously and advocated that people alter the way they live (temporarily) so that the US can get over the virus, is absurd.

A lot of people have made up their minds: they don't care how many people die or if they get sick/get others sick - they just want their lives to be like they were before the pandemic whatever the cost. So they are willing to vilify those that are telling them what they don't want to hear. I think EVERYONE wants their lives to be what they were pre-pandemic... but most people don't want to get sick or get other people sick.

The way people can actually achieve freedom from the virus is if we've got enough people vaccinated worldwide. It's likely that COVID is here to stay - it'll be endemic and probably impossible to fully eradicate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Seems a bit far fetched, probably saying this because Wuhan has a chemical warfare lab, prob want wast my time with this one :4_joy:

Anything Tucker Carlson says that is anti-vaccine should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

And really anyone on Fox News, tbh. Because out of all US employers, Fox News was one of the earliest adopters of mandating their employees get vaccinated and has rigidly enforced it for months. Tucker Carlson is probably one of the highest profile anti-vaxxers in the United States... and he's been fully vaccinated for months. Tbh, he's probably even received his booster jab.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Waylander said:

Science presents itself as a know all yet it does not know all just the things it is funded to study.

I still keep re-reading this and can't get over just how dense this statement is xD 

Like saying a top-class football manager presents themselves as an expert, then wonders why they're an expert on football. The very thing they've probably invested their life into through their passion for it.