talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Sounds like he needs an intervention. 😬 

What do you mean mate? 

My dad is incredibly stubborn at times as well. To the point of it being very stupid to be honest. For example once he wouldn't order a big mac meal even though it was cheaper than buying a burger and chips separately because I told him to and he thought I was trying to be on charge. We fo clash quite alot because like I said I like to be logical. I dont think  I come across that way on the forum but if you met me you'd be surprised at how I try to use logic. I'm not maybe the best at it but doesn't mean I don't try. Where as my dad doesn't even attempt to use it

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, that doesn't sound healthy, to put it mildly.

Its ridiculous. I said to him two years ago he was going to give himself very long term problems but he didnt listen. And its affecting my mum as well. The other day I asked her to explain why she needs to see my lateral flow test result if she trusts me to do it? She even admitted also that I could just use an old picture and not take the test if I didnt want to but she used some incredible mental gymnastics to justify it. They have completely lost touch with reality 

@nudge the thing is also is anxiety is bad for you. My auntie lives a really healthy lifestyle and she has had cancer twice. Shes 71 which is a good age but she has followed all the health advice available. It was anxiety which gave her it I'm sure of it 

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What do you mean mate? 

Sounds like he's gone off the rails and that someone needs to put him aside and talk to him to put him back on said rails. Maybe even some sort of therapy. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@CaaC (John) what are you like with covid? Do you have any underlying conditions?

I wouldn't have a clue as I have never had it?

I have always thought though when this Covid thing first hit I went through a period of time where I felt like shit, the shivers, sweating, coughing and it felt like the fucking flu of old but I knew it could not be the flu as I have a flu jab every year, thus I may have had it then before it hit the headlines.

I thought it must have been a bug of some kind so I just pumped myself up with Paracetamol, went to bed with double jumpers on to sweat it out, laid off the booze, and after around 3 days I managed to get back to normal and the land of the living.

I know they are going on about having another Covid jab for free but if they want to do that as a yearly jab like a flu jab then I will be ok with that, the wife, though said she has had 3 and she won't have anymore because the last jab she had made her ill for around 3 days,

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Both my parents have Covid right now. They're fine but not ideal timing. My Nana is getting chemotherapy at the moment, which means she needs ferrying regularly to the hospital and my Mum can't do that for the next week or so, and that she's immuno-compromised due to a lack of white blood cells, so we're all avoiding her like the plague at any hint of someone nearby testing positive for Covid.

The virus is an awkward bastard. 

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm just about shaking off Covid at the end of this week.

I had taken up my 3 vaccine doses. Fairly sure my booster was at the start of the year, which makes me wonder how frequent they would need to be to always protect everyone.

The start phase of the real thing was so similar to the side effects of the vaccine. After a couple of days in a unique state of sedated fever, I then moved on, quick enough for me, to being a flu / strong cold, with its own different feel.

• Subscriber

Well, I have had my 2 jabs and was not worried about getting the third one until this week when I felt ill as fuck, it felt like I had the old flu before I had the yearly flu jab, dizzy, coughing, couldn't sleep, sneezing, hard trying to breathe.

Enough was enough for me so I just rang 111 and told the lady what my problem was, she checked my medical data and saw all my details, Age, COPD, Asthma, Sciatica, Heart Failure Condition etc and then she told me to ring 999 and they would send an ambulance around to check me over which I did.

They checked me over and even gave me a Covid test (I never had one before) and that tested as negative, they also said everything was fine, blood pressure, temp, breathing etc, and they said I must have had a virus but it was going away.

I am still in two minds about getting a third booster and as I am getting my yearly flu jab in October I will have the chance if I want to get a third Covid jab when I am getting my flu jab but our daughter said DONT get the two jabs together, arrange them at different times and dates, as she has done nursing and care work for the elderly and children I will take her advice on that one.

Aftermath...I will be having a bloody bottle of wine or 2 tonight since I have not had a drink since I fell ill last Friday. :hh:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@CaaC (John) if you have copd you should definitely get a third jab. Obviously you would need to discuss with the doctor about the risks of you have a bad heart but I'm sure they will recommend having it 

I will more than likely get it but not at the same time as my flue jab, I will get it separately, I have the docs this Wednesday so I will discuss it then, I know the wife is dogmatic she is not getting a third jab as the last one knocked her for six.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Nearly avoided it for 3 years, but now I've been struck down by it :(

Is it bad? I had it last month. Felt a bit fever-ish for a day and then had cold like symptoms for a week or so. But just a runny nose and a bit tired, no cough or anything. Hope you feel better soon!

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Is it bad? I had it last month. Felt a bit fever-ish for a day and then had cold like symptoms for a week or so. But just a runny nose and a bit tired, no cough or anything. Hope you feel better soon!

Sore throat yesterday. Totally zoned out today, for most of it. Lack of energy, lethargy, shivering and constant headache. Maybe that's the fever for a day. 

Don't want to lose my taste or smell :(

• Sad 1