The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Tommy said:

@Stan feeling better, mate?

Compared to Tuesday, yes. 

Generally, nope. 

Feel very drained, a bit light-headed and occasionally have laboured breathing after coughing. I think lack of sleep contributes to some of that. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Compared to Tuesday, yes. 

Generally, nope. 

Feel very drained, a bit light-headed and occasionally have laboured breathing after coughing. I think lack of sleep contributes to some of that. 

That sounds rough. :/ Hopefully not much longer. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Think I must have Covid, I'm on day four of the most horrific flu. I've coughed that much my ribs hurt and if anything it's getting worse.

Problem we have now is people are just getting on with it when they catch it but it effects people so differently.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 2

On 25/02/2023 at 09:29, Devil said:

Think I must have Covid, I'm on day four of the most horrific flu. I've coughed that much my ribs hurt and if anything it's getting worse.

Problem we have now is people are just getting on with it when they catch it but it effects people so differently.

Bit late but hope all is ok. :(

• Upvote 1

On 25/02/2023 at 09:29, Devil said:

Hope you're on the mend soon mate. Hopefully today's result helped :).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Bit late but hope all is ok. :(

Thanks pal, feeling a bit better today to be fair. Still running on 60% but the chest has massively improved.

Just now, Whiskey said:

Hope you're on the mend soon mate. Hopefully today's result helped :).

Result wise brilliant, just wish I'd have been able to watch it with my dad. He didn't want to watch it with me for obvious reasons. 

I'm on the mend, this is the third time I've had this virus, the first time was hell, second was like a cold but this time has hit me for six. My ribs feel like I've been in a fight with a boxer, bruised from all the coughing.

4 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Someone in China was trying to make some new dish involving rats or bats and it backfired. 

Isn't that the opposite of what the US Energy Dept (why were they investigating this though lol) is saying though? If it was from eating bats or pangolins, it wouldn't be a lab leak - if it's a lab leak it's from that Wuhan institute of virology or whatever it's called.

If it is indeed man made, it makes China's lack of transparency in the early days of the pandemic make a lot more sense. It also is another sign that the close economic ties with China the west has need to be looked at and more western businesses probably should be incentivised to move from China, because if Russia has taught the west anything, it should be that economic dependence on an authoritarian and increasingly aggressive state is something that probably shouldn't be encouraged. And it's made all the more stark if you're talking about a country that manufactured a virus that basically fucked up the whole world for a couple of years.

Also, if true, how embarrassing for China to have created this disease, being responsible for killing a shitload of people worldwide, and then having to see the western world manage to recover quicker and more meaningfully in terms of "going back to normal."

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Isn't that the opposite of what the US Energy Dept (why were they investigating this though lol) is saying though? If it was from eating bats or pangolins, it wouldn't be a lab leak - if it's a lab leak it's from that Wuhan institute of virology or whatever it's called.

If it is indeed man made, it makes China's lack of transparency in the early days of the pandemic make a lot more sense. 

China doesn't come up as a clear beneficiary in any way in all this to make me believe the theories they  deliberately created it or 'let it happen'. Could be massive incompetence though. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

That's wee Kaiden (Grandson) down with the Covid virus, the wife worrying a bit. :S

Fingers crossed for Wee Kaiden and a quick recovery! Does he have bad symptoms?

• Subscriber
On 15/04/2023 at 11:51, Tommy said:

Fingers crossed for Wee Kaiden and a quick recovery! Does he have bad symptoms?

I think he should be ok, he went away for a week holiday with his prick of a dad (daughters ex) and came back ill, the daughter is an ex nurse careworker for the elderly and handicap kiddies so she will know what to do and make sure he is ok.

It's pissing me and the wife off though because his dad and his other bit all wen't down with the Covis virus 2 weeks ago and we have the feeling that they never got over it and just went on holiday without checking the virus had gone, the daughter checked his temp when he got back and it was high.

Kaiden was due for a sleepover with us for the weekend and the wife had got all his favourite eats in, and I got him a skin for his game he plays on his mobile but the daughter won't let him near us because of my health issues and will make sure he is a 100% before visiting, our daughter said his temp has gone down now and will keep us up to date.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...