talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

10 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I can with certainty saying they are withholding correct numbers. A chinese fellow I work with was saying through private news feeds and family he has that live there its much much worse then they where releasing. Which is hardly surprising to noone. 

Kind of reminds me of Chernobyl; having just watched it and it all still being fresh. Just the shit these communists try to keep under wraps is mind boggling, and all for the wrong reasons.

I've heard from people I know that live in Iran that what we've heard about how bad it is in Iran (and it's bad there, by all accounts) is just a fraction of how bad it really is there.

Governments that need to project power for their propaganda necessary to maintaining harsh authoritarian rule over their people are exactly the sort you can't trust to be honest about how bad things ever are under their watch. And China and Iran both fall into those types of countries.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Heard that call that's going around social media about a 75 year old not giving a fuck about spreading it, saying they've had their team and would go to the beach even if it meant they died. 

She seemed to totally gloss over the fact that she could also pass it on to people and didn't like that people were staying at home, saying they're frightened. 

Ignorant bitch! Hope she pops it because those kind of people just aren't useful in times like this. Stubborn indeed! 

She should be shot.

I got another email today from the Canadian rescue mission in Peru.

Basically said "yesterday was a Lima only flight, now we are looking to get out the rest" which means the people in Cusco, where most Canadians probably are. 

I get that I'm a dual national and they probably aren't prioritizing as much but what pisses me off is that they fucking lie to us. Telling us that people with mental conditions will be prioritized and then not doing what they promised.

My dad is at risk at losing his job now. I might be lucky enough with my medications but it's still a risk I'm not entirely prepared to take.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

I got another email today from the Canadian rescue mission in Peru.

Basically said "yesterday was a Lima only flight, now we are looking to get out the rest" which means the people in Cusco, where most Canadians probably are. 

I get that I'm a dual national and they probably aren't prioritizing as much but what pisses me off is that they fucking lie to us. Telling us that people with mental conditions will be prioritized and then not doing what they promised.

My dad is at risk at losing his job now. I might be lucky enough with my medications but it's still a risk I'm not entirely prepared to take.

What's your reason for going back to Canada again?

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

My dad needs to be closer to work and I need to have enough medication to stay healthy (withdrawal symptoms and whatnot)

Is the medication not available in Peru? 

16 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I have no words, really. We´re on our own. 

He truly believes the coronavirus crisis is not serious and that the press is using it in order to create panic, ruin the economy and destabilize his adminstration. 

This is the sort of reason I respect Trump for admitting he fucked up. It's entirely Trump's fault that the coronavirus is exploding in cases in the USA, but at least he's trying to correct it. Bolsonaro on the other hand would rather die than admit he is wrong.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Harvsky I'm asking you this because you seem to be this most knowledgable. My auntie seems to think it's ok to hate the Chinese at the moment.  Maybe you can hate their government and some of the people involved in the outbreak. Although it is unfair and very racist to hate all Chinese. Although when the outbreak started the people who were selling the contaminated food wouldn't have known it was contaminated. As far as I'm aware bats weren't actually involved. There has been critism of them rating bats but they have eaten it for years I'm assuming without issues?  I mean someone in England could have caught some fish not known it was contaminated and then sold it and caused a worldwide pandemic. Could have quite easily started in any country really. What are the Chinese laws on food safety compared to Britain?

Google search Chinese wet markets. 

1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

This is the sort of reason I respect Trump for admitting he fucked up. It's entirely Trump's fault that the coronavirus is exploding in cases in the USA, but at least he's trying to correct it. Bolsonaro on the other hand would rather die than admit he is wrong.

Trump wants to have America prematurely stop locking down because he’s scared the stock market being low will hurt him in the election. They’re both trying to reduce panic for the sake of their economies. It’s just harder for Trump when there’s been such a rapid spread in the US.

The brain squad in Mississippi says they won’t be having any sort of lockdown because they’re not China. I assume that’s because China’s got a form of an education system and has experienced economic growth in the last 30 years. I don’t know how restricting domestic travel in the US works, but preventing locked down states from having travelers from states operating as though there’s no pandemic might be wise

2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Can you send me the link to when trump admitted he fucked up?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Trump wants to have America prematurely stop locking down because he’s scared the stock market being low will hurt him in the election. They’re both trying to reduce panic for the sake of their economies. It’s just harder for Trump when there’s been such a rapid spread in the US.

The brain squad in Mississippi says they won’t be having any sort of lockdown because they’re not China. I assume that’s because China’s got a form of an education system and has experienced economic growth in the last 30 years. I don’t know how restricting domestic travel in the US works, but preventing locked down states from having travelers from states operating as though there’s no pandemic might be wise

Compared to Bolsonaro, Trump is a great statesman. It´s just that not enough people speak portuguese to get the full picture. 

Abin (Brazil´s secret service agency), according to some leaked documents, is projecting more than 5.000 deaths in the next 15 days. Bolsonaro was briefed weeks ago about it and yet continues to undermine the efforts of the state governors. 

Edited by El Profesor
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

All construction work still going on. It's ridiculous really.

Borris is a fucking cretin really isn't he. How in the fucking world can you keep social distancing on a building site?

Yesterday, all the sparkies were sat outside the brew cabin, pretty much hugging, everyone who works are in 2s or 3s and you cannot avoid people, you're constantly walking past people(and can't walk 2 meters away as there isn't a 2 meter gap, or anything close to it. It's impossible.) It also leaves us inclined to piling into a supermarket at brew time for food and the only other people you see in there are over 70s in general.

I'm gona take some pictures today and show just what social distancing is on a site(obviously without any faces being seen). I also saw my mates yesterday from another site when I was on my dinner and 5 of them jumped out of a van. They might as well have been hugging and kissing.

The last site I worked on is even worse, they made you wear gloves at all times(even when you were walking across the site and not touching anything) in order to prevent catching Weil's disease(who the fuck catches that anyway?) yet they are still open during such an outbreak and there are people from literally all over the country on there. You need to sign in using your finger print and can only smoke in one section, which is a tiny little cramped area at that. How do people eat in a brew room as well? When 100+ people work on a site, you can't all go in 3 at once and have your half an hour.

The new(well I've been there 2 months) site I'm on barely has facilities either as it's like a building site from the 1960s. I'd shut that down even at the best of times...

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

Let's also note that there are people down here from Hull and Scarborough, they are staying in hotels mon-fri then going home to Yorkshire on Fri-Sun. So surely that is putting them and their family's health at risk, and for nothing?

Shopkeepers, doctors, nurses, the police, the army...these needs to keep going, building anything other than a hospital, at a time like this really isn't necessary. You're also very prone to contracting colds, flu and other bugs on building sites, which leads me to believe that it would make a perfect "habitat"(if that is the word) for such a virus to thrive and if one person gets it, the site gets it, then all their family get it.

It's simple. I'd love to keep working in order to make money as I could save more than ever right now with doing so, but this isn't about money now, it's about protecting lives and even protecting the future in how we all live our lives. The longer it takes to truly act, the far worse the problem becomes.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• Administrator
7 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I have no words, really. We´re on our own. 

He truly believes the coronavirus crisis is not serious and that the press is using it in order to create panic, ruin the economy and destabilize his adminstration. 

Madness. 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Can you send me the link to when trump admitted he fucked up?

Figure of speech. I'm not sure he actually said it, but you can tell by the decisions he's taking that he's trying to correct his mistakes.

I'm still not saying he's doing a good job though, but compared to Bolsonaro and Trudeau I much prefer Trump to be honest.

7 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Trump is having an absolute shocker in the last week. He's pivoting toward opening the country back up in 2 weeks against all evidence. He's regularly contradicting Dr Fauci. His propaganda arm are putting out ideas about letting the virus do what it wants and that it's not that big a deal. He's going around playing political games against the Governor of New York, a Democrat of course. He's blaming China to divert attention from himself. He was tweeting about how strong the stock market was because of him, it then fell to an 11 year low when the algorithms cottoned on to what is actually going on.

Places like New York only really started shutting down properly earlier this week after cases rocketed. That had to be initiated by the Governor not the President. New York has a big outbreak among the young because life just went on. The price may be heavy. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Figure of speech. I'm not sure he actually said it, but you can tell by the decisions he's taking that he's trying to correct his mistakes.

I'm still not saying he's doing a good job though, but compared to Bolsonaro and Trudeau I much prefer Trump to be honest.

Is this suggesting he will lift the social distancing restrictions at Easter?

Just now, Harry said:

Is this suggesting he will lift the social distancing restrictions at Easter?

I am only saying that Trump is more accepting to his own errors than the likes of Bolsonaro. Doesn't mean I think he's doing good.

28 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

New York has a big outbreak among the young because life just went on. The price may be heavy. 

Sadly that is very likely to be the case.

I watched a talk show yesterday where a German expert said that he was worried that things would soon get much worse in the USA than in Italy.

Their health system is crap and they also lack the medical equipment. Soon they will try everything to get hold of all equipment that is available worldwide and they obviously have the financial power for that.

Then other countries will hardly be able to get equipment anymore and we'll all pay the price that there is a clown in charge in the USA.

11 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I am only saying that Trump is more accepting to his own errors than the likes of Bolsonaro. Doesn't mean I think he's doing good.

I have to disagree mate. I'm not being pedantic but I honestly think and am pretty certain in saying it that trump is psychologically incapable of accepting responsibility for any error that he has ever made. Mistakes are the fault of others. Success is because of him.

He is the most psychologically defective leader of any western country in a generation or more. You say he corrects course but I say erratic swings of position that are totally reactionary.

This thing was a hoax to hurt him politically. It was then a pandemic that he was the first person to diagnose. Now it's going to be solved by Easter or people will just have to die because he can't handle the accountability of what's happened to the markets.

• Upvote 1