talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

At least my local Morrisions has bread to buy. Only thing still hard to get anywhere is hand sanitisers. Loads of shops in my area have been closed down. A pound shop was closed down for selling hand sanitisers for £5 each.

13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You came to the wrong house fool.

And the virus is tearing through the economy. 

I'd certainly argue that shops keeping their doors open is better for them by far than forced closure, and that lesser employment hours is way better than millions losing their job, and that their business levels would be more stable than you think. 

I don’t think you can have the economy working normally when you’ve just got bodies piling up in a corner.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

My question is how locked down are they?

We are at stage 2 of a system where stage 4 is Italy level lockdown. We have 10 deaths and 2000 cases.

Stage 2 is basically all congregating shops and gatherings shut down but normal stores still open and schools still running.

America now have 70k and 1k deaths. Are major cities at that stage 4 point?

No, big cities in the US aren’t on complete lockdown. Essential shops are open, a lot of businesses are claiming they’re essential though, but schools are closed. Where I am all gatherings of 10 or more are banned, NYC’s been more strict but they’ve got to be with how many cases they’ve got.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Spain death toll over 4000 now. Emergency state extended two weeks.

They bought hundreds of thousands of test kits from China which have a reported 80% error rate according to Czechs.

Just read the tests were manufactured by the Shenzhen Bioeasy Biotechnology. They advertise the specificity of 100% and sensibility of 90% for IgM and >90% for IgG, depending on the source. The Spaniards said they were promised 80% sensibility and are only getting 30%.

I have a feeling this might turn out to be similar with many other tests by other manufacturers too. 

3 hours ago, Michael said:

No, I don't think that we can necessarily trust countries like China, Russia, Iran and other dictatorships in terms of being transparent with the figures. I mean North Korea would be a prime example of a country that we cannot trust at all regarding the information that they give us. However, most other countries will be giving accurate and up to date information.

North Korea 100% has cases and I’d be willing to bet they have more than 1000 at the least. Again I wonder if they came from the DMZ border on the South Korea side.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

My neighbour put up a note that he has to work from home, and he's a professional DJ. Now we have electronic music blasting through the whole house. xD

Just when you thought the self isolation could not get worse... xD

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Today.

How does that whole process work mate? Is there anything special about the flight you go on? Like a special government plane or small chartered plane? Or is there a number of people all looking to make the same trip?

23 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

North Korea 100% has cases and I’d be willing to bet they have more than 1000 at the least. Again I wonder if they came from the DMZ border on the South Korea side.

The North Korean people not even know the rest of the world has gone to shit over this... Would be an interesting case study or what the reality is there and what the government actually do about it.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Harry said:

The North Korean people not even know the rest of the world has gone to shit over this... Would be an interesting case study or what the reality is there and what the government actually do about it.

Don't be so sure. There are a lot of North Koreans illegally watching South Korean TV and listening to foreign radio. Estimated over 90%.

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

How does that whole process work mate? Is there anything special about the flight you go on? Like a special government plane or small chartered plane? Or is there a number of people all looking to make the same trip?

I’ll post my experience when I get back home but the first thing different is that we fly out from the military base rather than the airport.

And yeah there’s several people here.

6 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

My daughter is a scientist working in NC and is working mainly from home.  However, when anything new or important crops up she has to go to the lab and has been given a permit which she must show to be allowed to travel from home to work.  Without it she would be arrested!  That's North Carolina's version of lock-down and it works!

That's good to hear. I heard earlier today the governor of Mississippi had today issued an executive order to override lockdown orders from some of the states mayor's. The US is so divided now I wouldn't put it past some places to just decide not to hide from the virus and let it do it's worst

• Subscriber

https://dhruvmehrotra3.users.earthengine.app/view/earther-time-series

If you're interested in seeing air pollution patterns since for this pandemic and using dates to see the quality of air over time take a look at this. (warning it takes a while and is poor on mobile devices)

Its from this article which is also a good read

https://earther.gizmodo.com/coronavirus-slashes-global-air-pollution-interactive-m-1842473790

I just glanced over China using one year as the marker and its shocking the quality of their air then and now. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

That's good to hear. I heard earlier today the governor of Mississippi had today issued an executive order to override lockdown orders from some of the states mayor's. The US is so divided now I wouldn't put it past some places to just decide not to hide from the virus and let it do it's worst

Mississippi’s governor is a moron and that state is basically what Afghanistan would be like if the Taliban were run by Mike Pence

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

I sat next to a Quebecois teen who was talking to his girlfriend about breaking the self-quarantine and seeing his friends. What is wrong with these extroverts.

Karma will get them. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I sat next to a Quebecois teen who was talking to his girlfriend about breaking the self-quarantine and seeing his friends. What is wrong with these extroverts.

I don’t think that’s an “extrovert” thing, I think that’s just a dickhead teenager

• Upvote 4