talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I think it’s about to get a bit worse everywhere in the US, with those idiot protests against the lockdowns, Florida reopening beaches and Florida idiots going to the beach in droves, and Texas reopening up in a few weeks without really actually addressing the virus. That’s a bit too much fucking around with social distancing during a pandemic to make me think “ah yeah, America’s about to turn things around.”

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Next time I make a member opinions thread, I'll make sure to miss you for the same reasons ;) 

Excellent stuff. When's the next one? Been ages since the last one :ph34r:

53 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it’s about to get a bit worse everywhere in the US, with those idiot protests against the lockdowns, Florida reopening beaches and Florida idiots going to the beach in droves, and Texas reopening up in a few weeks without really actually addressing the virus. That’s a bit too much fucking around with social distancing during a pandemic to make me think “ah yeah, America’s about to turn things around.”

I agree. I think even if past the ultimate peak America will likely have the longest tail of annoyingly high case load, and a really high proportion of deaths and cases per capita compared to other major powers (assuming a vaccine can be developed).

Killing it off is all about that R_effective figure... Getting it below 1 requires not only significant distancing measures but a very high uptake throughout the population of people who adhere to it. If America has a more mobilised bunch of sceptics through the likes of Fox News it may shave 10% off the uptake which would have big consequences on the curve trajectory. 

2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Cases in the America's

1. USA - 760,000 cases - 40,000 deaths

2. Brazil - 39,000 cases - 2500 deaths

3. Canada - 35,000 cases - 1500 deaths

4. Peru - 16,000 cases - 400 deaths

5. Chile - 11,000 cases - 133 deaths

6. Ecuador - 9500 cases - 475 deaths

7. Mexico - 8200 cases - 686 deaths

8. Panama - 4500 cases - 126 deaths

9. Colombia - 3800 cases - 179 deaths

10. Argentina - 3000 cases - 134 deaths

11. Costa Rica - 660 cases - 5 deaths

12. Bolivia - 560 cases - 33 deaths

13. Uruguay - 530 cases - 10 deaths

14. Honduras - 480 cases - 46 deaths

15. Guatemala - 290 cases - 7 deaths

16. Venezuela - 256 cases - 9 deaths

17. El Salvador - 218 cases - 7 deaths

18. Paraguay - 220 cases - 8 deaths

19. Belize - 18 cases - 2 deaths

20. Nicaragua - 10 cases - 2 deaths

Almost better to sort those types of lists by death count as it may be a better indicator of true size of outbreak in a country given tests are still such a bottleneck.

Well this may be the best excuse coming from the Welsh Government explaining why they have missed their target of 5,000 tests a day by mid April and then outright ditching a target. 

According to our Health Minister Vaughan Gething, he said that 'the coronavirus has spread less than expected when the target was announced, saying that the viruses circulation in Wales was expected to be much higher', as well as 'external factors' like the delay of equipment contributing to the decision to ditching test targets. 

Finally, in what can only be the best excuse made from all this. 

Screenshot_20200421_134346.jpg

Let's remind ourselves that despite the social distancing measures in place, which in itself should be positive seeing as that's what we're following in Wales, the UK government are being heavily criticised for not testing enough and not hitting their own targets. 

If we get hit with a second wave, we will be well and truly fucked by the Welsh Labour Government. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

19 hours ago, MUFC said:

Protests seem to be slowly spreading.

Lots of stories of how small the numbers actually are at these events. Yet it's being misrepresented as the entirety of trumps base taking that position.

On 20/04/2020 at 17:18, Harry said:

Almost better to sort those types of lists by death count as it may be a better indicator of true size of outbreak in a country given tests are still such a bottleneck.

Actually both isn't a good indicator, since the difference of inhabitants of the USA and the inhabitants of Belize is that immense that comparing death count is downright idiotic.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

News be like: “A man shot 33 times in the head has died of Coronavirus.” O.o :rofl:

What should it be? 

'a man shot 33 times in the head died after exposure to 5G'... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

What should it be? 

'a man shot 33 times in the head died after exposure to 5G'... 

Did he take the vaccine?  ..the smart dust in the vaccine is triggered by 5G at 60hz so it all depends if he was sheep or a Wolf to if he suvived or not ;)

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Covid-19 has 0.1% death rate, same as the seasonal flu  ..how convenient 

Seems like you've finally found the YouTube clip that aligned with what you wanted to believe already...

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Seems like you've finally found the YouTube clip that aligned with what you wanted to believe already...

The evidence something is not right with this covid-19 is everywhere  ..the vaccine will do you more harm than good. Bill Gates has openly admitted that vaccinations are designed so that governments can depopulate the world

9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

The evidence something is not right with this covid-19 is everywhere  ..the vaccine will do you more harm than good. Bill Gates has openly admitted that vaccinations are designed so that governments can depopulate the world

Free thinkers do get lambasted. 

• Upvote 1

Since this epidemic started, which lesson or lessons have you learnt? For me the most obvious is how selfish the human race is. When told to follow orders for the sake of yourself and others. So many have chosen to ignore.

I've seen people congregating on the streets in groups, greeting via hugging and shaking hands and spitting. If people can't do it for themselves then they should be thinking of others.

It isn't just teenagers either, is people of all age groups. 

14 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Mate I'm not sure how serious you are with all this. 

Covid is way worse than the flu.

Some undisputed facts. Tell me if you disagree with any of these.

Covid spreads way faster than normal flu.

It's new so there's no immunity, meaning it will spread to more people than the flu.

A death rate is not a fixed number. It will depend how many of the hospitalised can get treatment. 

We haven't seen the worst that can happen to one city because every place with a significant outbreak shuts down to stop the spread.

It's killed 20k people in NY, population 19m. If the death rate was really 0.1% every person in the state would need to have Covid. And would require 100% of active cases to recover with no further deaths.

• Upvote 1