talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

4 hours ago, Harry said:

A good friend is flying back from Japan on Thursday, and on Saturday my brother in law returns from Germany via Singapore.

To think they could be infected and contagious for a week before they even know they have the virus does make me concerned, particularly given I have young kids, which are surely a high risk category of person to be affected by this.

I understand your concern and completely empathize with your sentiments.

To be honest, having had a 5 hour stopover in Istanbul,  were I saw many people sneezing during that period, I can't help but get a little paranoid. The fact that it takes time for symptoms of the coronavirus to appear, is also worrying. It's bad enough if one has caught this virus, but if they have it(when they don't know that they have it) and they give it to their loved ones unwittingly, that must be the worse case scenario for many people.

I am feeling fine, but I have sneezed a couple of times since my arrival. Touch wood everything is ok. o.O

5 hours ago, Harry said:

A good friend is flying back from Japan on Thursday, and on Saturday my brother in law returns from Germany via Singapore.

To think they could be infected and contagious for a week before they even know they have the virus does make me concerned, particularly given I have young kids, which are surely a high risk category of person to be affected by this.

Not really.

ERkzgVSUwAAqYM7.jpg

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

I thought I was stupid that I never heard of the country diamond princess until I realized it's the cruise ship. 

I thought it was another nickname for China when I first read it then realised it's the ship as well xD 

• Haha 1

• Administrator

There's an Italian doctor, from Lombardy region, staying in a hotel in Tenerife who has tested positive. Therefore that hotel now in lockdown and potentially threatening the island given he's probably come in to contact with hotel staff and other guests there. He's apparently been there for 6 days as well. 

21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think there's a global shortage of N95 masks (the sort of masks that actually provide any sort of protection from the virus) - so you'll just see people with the more useless ones but I think people like them because of the placebo effect. Although I saw some for sale that claim to be "anti-viral."

Were they at the airport?

I think it makes sense to be precautious right now around airports and planes. International airports are going to have people from all over who've been on a plane for however long with people who have been all over and who knows who's come in contact with the virus and who hasn't. Even airports that aren't international may have had people connecting from international flights - places like that where people come and go quickly to all over the world... that's where I think the most dangerous spots to be if you're worried about catching the virus are.

Yeah it was the airport. Did surprise me.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Stan said:

There's an Italian doctor, from Lombardy region, staying in a hotel in Tenerife who has tested positive. Therefore that hotel now in lockdown and potentially threatening the island given he's probably come in to contact with hotel staff and other guests there. He's apparently been there for 6 days as well. 

A new case has been also confirmed in Barcelona now (first case on mainland Spain); a woman who visited North Italy in the last few days. That thing is spreading like wildfire.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Not to be a dickhead but I'm quite relieved my age group's death rate is 0.2%. I thought it was a lot more dangerous. 

I think my odds were roughly the same back when I got swine flu. It was still a horrid time, though.

I got swine flu and I didn’t think it was that bad

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

My sister and her boyfriend live in Rimini, and they've been in Venice since last week. He has coronavirus symptoms. 😬

Please stay away from the site. Even though you're not infected, we don't want to take the risk of losing our members. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

@Tommy: First case in NRW. A man from Erkelenz has been brought to Düsseldorfer Uniklinik today in a critical condition; tested positive for the virus.

Oh god, and I have a stomach bug as well. Let's hope it's that. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

Well, he's not doing a very good job then, is he? 

I think it's the Deputy Health Minister... and he's a fucking idiot. So yeah, there's no way he's good at his job.

Last night he went onto PressTV to do an interview where he updates the public with the status of the virus in Iran. But overall he's telling people not to worry. The interviewer has a moment where she's like "you're coughing an awful lot" (and the guy is also sweating visibly on TV) and he makes a joke about how he should be covering his mouth with his arm when he coughs.

Then today he makes a statement that he's infected with the virus. He even states that he thinks his time on earth is coming to an end - so much for telling people not to worry...

• Upvote 4