talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah I've been ill since Thurs and the missus for a couple weeks before that. Both all good now! Pretty sure we didn't have coronavirus mind. 

Glad you two feel better. :)

Had the shivers earlier today, and I think a bit of a fever. But all good so far tonight. Let's hope it stays that way. I don't want to go into Quarantine. Sounds boring as fuck. :(

• Subscriber

Midnight's update for international cases outside of mainland China in the last 24 hours (00:00 to 24:00 CET Feb 26):

558 new cases and 9 deaths:

• South Korea - 284 new cases and 1 death;
  • Italy - 131 new cases and 1 death;
  • Iran - 44 new cases and 4 deaths;
  • Kuwait - 17 new cases;
  • Diamond Princess cruise ship - 14 new cases;
  • Japan - 11 new cases and 2 deaths;
  • Bahrain - 10 new cases;
  • Germany - 8 new cases;
  • Spain - 6 new cases;
  • Hong Kong, France - 4 new cases each;
  • Thailand, USA - 3 new cases each;
  • Singapore, Croatia, Pakistan - 2 new cases each;
  • Taiwan, Australia, Canada, Finland, Sweden, Lebanon, Brazil, Greece, North Macedonia, Georgia, Norway, Romania - 1 new case each.

Seven countries reported their first ever cases today (Brazil, Greece, Pakistan, North Macedonia, Georgia, Norway, Romania). 

Current total: 3315 cases and 56 deaths in 48 countries.

1wXYsnk.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Midnight's update for international cases outside of mainland China in the last 24 hours (00:00 to 24:00 CET Feb 26):

558 new cases and 9 deaths:

• South Korea - 284 new cases and 1 death;
  • Italy - 131 new cases and 1 death;
  • Iran - 44 new cases and 4 deaths;
  • Kuwait - 17 new cases;
  • Diamond Princess cruise ship - 14 new cases;
  • Japan - 11 new cases and 2 deaths;
  • Bahrain - 10 new cases;
  • Germany - 9 new cases;
  • Spain - 6 new cases;
  • Hong Kong, France - 4 new cases each;
  • Thailand, USA - 3 new cases each;
  • Singapore, Croatia, Pakistan - 2 new cases each;
  • Taiwan, Australia, Canada, Finland, Sweden, Lebanon, Brazil, Greece, North Macedonia, Georgia, Norway, Romania - 1 new case each.

Seven countries reported their first ever cases today (Brazil, Greece, Pakistan, North Macedonia, Georgia, Norway, Romania). 

Current total: 3316 cases and 56 deaths in 48 countries.

1wXYsnk.png

Do we know anything more about Germany? Is it an outbreak or7 people returning from Italy?

I can't find anything in English.

My brother in law is flying out of Berlin airport tomorrow, to Australia via London and Singapore.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Do we know anything more about Germany? Is it an outbreak or7 people returning from Italy?

I can't find anything in English.

My brother in law is flying out of Berlin airport tomorrow, to Australia via London and Singapore.

Mostly people who have been to Italy recently and their families/friends/close contacts; but there are also a few cases where the path of transmission is yet unclear. More cases are expected as most of the new cases have participated actively in social activities in the last two weeks and have been either actively involved in Carnival celebrations or work with people (two doctors,  a soldier and a kindergarten teacher). All of the new cases are in Baden-Württemberg, Nordrhein-Westfalen and Rheinland-Pfalz; so no confirmed cases near Berlin. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Surprising that France hasn't declared any new cases yet given its proximity to Northern Italy. I know its more on the side towards Switzerland/Austria where the Italian outbreak is but I'd have still thought there'd be some cases reported... 

Hoping it stays away from there til after June!

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Surprising that France hasn't declared any new cases yet given its proximity to Northern Italy. I know its more on the side towards Switzerland/Austria where the Italian outbreak is but I'd have still thought there'd be some cases reported... 

Hoping it stays away from there til after June!

They have, 4 yesterday and 2 a day before! 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

They have, 4 yesterday and 2 a day before! 

Whereabouts specifically? 

Was speaking to a colleague at work today. Her husband is in Leicester - he has a colleague who came back from Italy, served customers in a large retailer for 2 days then called 111 and she has symptoms of it and is now self isolating... :o

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Whereabouts specifically? 

Was speaking to a colleague at work today. Her husband is in Leicester - he has a colleague who came back from Italy, served customers in a large retailer for 2 days then called 111 and she has symptoms of it and is now self isolating... :o

Oise, Amiens, Strasbourg, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. 

That sucks! We'll probably hear more stories like that if it keeps spreading...

Also 2 new cases in the UK today, both travel-related (Italy and Tenerife). 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oise, Amiens, Strasbourg, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. 

That sucks! We'll probably hear more stories like that if it keeps spreading...

Also 2 new cases in the UK today, both travel-related (Italy and Tenerife). 

Okay that's far enough way from Toulouse to not to worry about it for now xD

Yeah for sure. Especially in the immediate aftermath of this Italy situation. Maybe schools as well given the amount of skiing trips that occur this time of year with half term just gone too. 

Is that Tenerife one to do with the doctor that was staying in that hotel for 6 days? 

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Okay that's far enough way from Toulouse to not to worry about it for now xD

Yeah for sure. Especially in the immediate aftermath of this Italy situation. Maybe schools as well given the amount of skiing trips that occur this time of year with half term just gone too. 

Is that Tenerife one to do with the doctor that was staying in that hotel for 6 days? 

Unclear, lack of information. It's just said that the virus was passed on one of them during their trip to Tenerife.