talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Alright. Ignorance is bliss after all xD 

No, not at all. It's just everyone seems to go crazy here. It's a bit scary, of course. But I think a lot of people are being a tiny bit overdramatic too. A tiny bit at least. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

No, not at all. It's just everyone seems to go crazy here. It's a bit scary, of course. But I think a lot of people are being a tiny bit overdramatic too. A tiny bit at least. 

There's a difference between staying informed and panicking/being overdramatic though. I mean you definitely get your fair share of those who buy a shitload of masks and storm supermarkets for supplies every time someone sneezes in China. The media with their clickbait headlines surely aren't helping either. But dismissing or ignoring it is the other extreme and also one of the reasons why this has spread by far more than it should have. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

There's a difference between staying informed and panicking/being overdramatic though. I mean you definitely get your fair share of those who buy a shitload of masks and storm supermarkets for supplies every time someone sneezes in China. The media with their clickbait lineups surely aren't helping either. But dismissing or ignoring it is the other extreme and also one of the reasons why this has spread by far more than it should have. 

You should replace Jens Spahn. 

• Haha 1

So if this thing does hypothetically become a full global pandemic and it just becomes a matter of when you get it not IF you do, I ask the question... When do you want to get it? As late as possible in the hopes a cure or vaccine is produced? Or as early as possible, to build up your immunities early and recover from the virus at a time there is still capacity in hospitals?

3 hours ago, Harry said:

So if this thing does hypothetically become a full global pandemic and it just becomes a matter of when you get it not IF you do, I ask the question... When do you want to get it? As late as possible in the hopes a cure or vaccine is produced? Or as early as possible, to build up your immunities early and recover from the virus at a time there is still capacity in hospitals?

Probably as late as possible, but I dunno that's a tough question.

• Subscriber

Midnight's update for international cases outside of mainland China in the last 24 hours (00:00 to 24:00 CET Feb 27):

960 new cases and 14 deaths:

• South Korea - 505 new cases and 1 death;
  • Italy - 202 new cases and 5 deaths;
  • Iran - 106 new cases and 7 deaths;
  • Japan - 35 new cases and 1 death;
  • Germany - 22 new cases;
  • France - 20 new cases;
  • Kuwait - 17 new cases;
  • Spain - 10 new cases;
  • Switzerland  - 7 new cases;
  • UAE - 6 new cases;
  • Sweden - 5 new cases;
  • Hong Kong, Singapore, UK, Norway - 3 new cases each;
  • Oman, Iraq, Greece - 2 new cases each;
  • Lebanon, Israel, Austria, Denmark, Estonia, Netherlands, San Marino - 1 new case each. 

Four countries reported their first ever cases today (Denmark, Estonia, Netherlands, San Marino). 

Current total: 4276 cases and 70 deaths in 52 countries.

Va3Z43P.png

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Harry said:

Depends. There's some evidence suggesting that there might be no acquired immunity so if that's the case I'd definitely prefer contracting it as late as possible. There's also a possibility that it may have the potential to cause antibody-dependent enhancement of disease, meaning that every subsequent re-infection with the same strain would likely lead to more severe symptoms and more tissue damage (not to mention that it'd make it much harder to develop herd immunity) - somewhat similar to dengue fever. 

Pope Francis has cancelled Rome mass because he is ill!:o The cancellation comes a day after the Pope was seen touching masked members of a crowd at St Peter's Square on Ash Wednesday!:ph34r:

It looks like the Pontiff might need some divine intervention to get through this one.:S

https://news.sky.com/story/pope-francis-cancels-rome-mass-due-to-illness-vatican-says-11944729

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Midnight's update for international cases outside of mainland China in the last 24 hours (00:00 to 24:00 CET Feb 27):

• France - 20 new cases;
  • Kuwait - 17 new cases;
  • Spain - 10 new cases;
  • UAE - 6 new cases;
  • Sweden - 5 new cases;
  • Lebanon, Israel, Austria, Denmark, Estonia, Netherlands, San Marino - 1 new case each. 

Four countries reported their first ever cases today (Denmark, Estonia, Netherlands, San Marino). 

Current total: 4276 cases and 70 deaths in 52 countries.

Va3Z43P.png

Interesting there's been no new cases for the USA when yesterday they had a case where they had no idea where they contracted the virus from.

• Subscriber

Apparently the latest person who has contracted it is from Northern Ireland and passed through Dublin Airport on her way back from Italy. I was in Dublin Airport on Monday... o.O The end is nigh. It's been nice communicating with you all.

6 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Apparently the latest person who has contracted it is from Northern Ireland and passed through Dublin Airport on her way back from Italy. I was in Dublin Airport on Monday... o.O The end is nigh. It's been nice communicating with you all.

Only old or otherwise very fragile people die from it. :35_thinking:

• Administrator
8 hours ago, nudge said:

• France - 20 new cases;
  • Kuwait - 17 new cases;
  • Spain - 10 new cases;
  • UAE - 6 new cases;
  • Sweden - 5 new cases;

The France situation:

Of the 23 new cases announced on Thursday night and Friday morning, two people are in a serious condition. They had both recently returned from Egypt as part of a tour group.

Is Egypt on the list? I'm guessing if it isn't, it will be soon...

• Administrator

Newcastle United have introduced a training ground handshake ban in an attempt to guard against the spread of coronavirus.

The club has put a stop to a morning ritual of players and staff shaking hands as fears over the spread of the virus increase.

Head coach Steve Bruce said: "There's a ritual here that everybody shakes hands with everybody as soon as we see each other every morning - we've stopped that on the advice of the doctor.

"Were like everybody else. Thankfully, we've got a superb doctor here and he will keep us informed of what we have to do.

"We're like everybody else, we're glued to the TV for where it's going to go next and let's hope it doesn't get any worse in this country."

What about actually playing on the field and coming in to contact there xD?