talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

It's a fucking joke, nipped up Tesco's early thinking there would not be many people about as the wife wanted some long spaghetti and macaroni because she was going to make some bolognese and wee Kaiden loves his grannies cheese macaroni when visiting and the bloody shelves were bare (the same as the toilet roll, kitchen roll etc) all of the pasta related stuff was gone, lucky enough the wife had some pasta twirls left so that will do with the bolognese, Kaiden will have to wait another time for his cheese macaroni. 

That's me just ordered my asthma pumps from the medical centre and the local pharmacy will deliver it either tomorrow or Wednesday, that saves me walking all the way up the docs to pick the subscription up and take it to the chemists and pick it up.   

22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm actually disgusted by the "every man for himself" panic-buying that has happened across the UK this weekend. It's even happened where I live where there are still no confirmed cases. There was a picture doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday of a pensioner stood alone in an empty aisle in Sainsbury's peering down at his shopping list.

What's actually wrong with people? How fucking thick can you be to think that self-isolation means you'll be locked in a bunker for months. Get enough food to survive for the next week and let everyone else get what they need as well.

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

My dad text me earlier saying a lady in front of him at the tills at Morrisons had six 10kg bags of rice in her trolley. YOU DO NOT NEED THAT MUCH IN ONE GO FFS. YOU ARE NOT FEEDING THE WHOLE OF UK. One 10kg bag of rice lasts for months ffs. How fucking thick can you get?! Really frustrates me how dense people are being right now.

14 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Happening everywhere.  My online order got cancelled, so went in today to grab some frozen stuff and what little paracetamol etc I could find because I’ve been forced to. Shelves very empty. 

Starting to really piss me off as well. I was going to nip down to Tesco just to get a couple of Mother's Day stuff but really can't be arsed to deal with this sort of bullshit. The thick fucking cunts. 

My mam mentioned that her friend went into Aldi's and saw someone trying to buy a whole crate of baked beans. When staff informed them that they could only have four tins, they responded with 'what are us vegans supposed to eat?' 

Really have no time for these thick fucking cunts. 

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm actually disgusted by the "every man for himself" panic-buying that has happened across the UK this weekend. It's even happened where I live where there are still no confirmed cases. There was a picture doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday of a pensioner stood alone in an empty aisle in Sainsbury's peering down at his shopping list.

What's actually wrong with people? How fucking thick can you be to think that self-isolation means you'll be locked in a bunker for months. Get enough food to survive for the next week and let everyone else get what they need as well.

I was in a shop yesterday when a bloke at the next till was talking about toilet rolls and the girl behind the till said that they had restricted people from buying in bulk now and when he asked what the limit was she said no more than 10 packs per person... I did say why not limit it to one pack per person??? she couldn't answer that.. Does it really take all that much brain power to work out that for every 10 packs one person is getting that 9 other people/families are missing out because of that reckless mentality... The government have said they would consider rationing if people did not start being sensible and giving consideration to others but how about putting that responsibility on to the retailers?? Just been over the shop a minute ago and the toilet roll section is cleaned out already.. 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's what they use to try and safeguard whatever they're saying. 

Yeah. I’d love to know why the UK’s advice is different to advice around the world. I get Italy are in lockdown because of how concentrated the outbreak is in one area

S. Korea and Vietnam completely leading the way...I’ve read a lot of expert opinion on how herd immunity mainly works with a vaccine...something we don’t have. The only thing I’ve seen supporting the governments position is a Facebook video of a man pouring water into a bottle

• Subscriber

I just order online and get everything delivered to my door once a week or so. The time slots for deliveries get booked out much faster now than they used to but in general it works well... Always did that even before this whole thing started; saves both time and nerves.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The government have said they would consider rationing if people did not start being sensible and giving consideration to others but how about putting that responsibility on to the retailers??

Doesn't work though buddy, the semi-chem shop around here has put limits on what people buy the lady in the shop said that does stop people, families like the hubby, wife, daughter or son or a friend all going in the shop one after the other then just buying one article each and then go home and stockpile them, I was speaking to an old boy the other day (86) and he said this is reminding him of after WWII and the rationing.

As I mentioned before with me growing up in the early '50s if we were running out of loo roll my mother used to cut up newspaper into squares and put them in beside the toilet, it was great sitting on the pan and reading cut up cartoons or football stories and having a good old jobbie. xD

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I just order online and get everything delivered to my door once a week or so. The time slots for deliveries get booked out much faster now than they used to but in general it works well... Always did that even before this whole thing started; saves both time and nerves.

Great if you can get it but same day deliveries from Iceland have gone up to 2 weeks waiting time in some places here... I would love to understand the mentality behind panic buying, It's a virus not a zombie apocalypse.. Just do your shopping as normal and if you can't ask someone to do it for you, having 80 packs of bog roll under the stairs is not going to save anyone is it so I do wonder what goes on in some peoples heads at a time like this.. 

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

it was great sitting on the pan and reading cut up cartoons or football stories and having a good old jobbie. xD

For the love of god man will you stop speaking.... I have still not removed that other shower sniffing horror from my mind the other day without you adding even more terrors into my mind... 

Please stop... xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Great if you can get it but same day deliveries from Iceland have gone up to 2 weeks waiting time in some places here... I would love to understand the mentality behind panic buying, It's a virus not a zombie apocalypse.. Just do your shopping as normal and if you can't ask someone to do it for you, having 80 packs of bog roll under the stairs is not going to save anyone is it so I do wonder what goes on in some peoples heads at a time like this.. 

Not too bad considering the almost 2000km travel distance... :ph34r:

Joking aside, it's mental indeed. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Disagree, I did sincve I decided to substitute meals through drinking.

Well you're obviously a mile ahead of the toilet paper and pasta hoarders! :D 

Substitute meals through drinking and get some sleep if you're still hungry. Also known as a regular diet of college students around the world xD 

• Subscriber

It's the panic buying in the big supermarkets like Tesco's that get me, just because there is a big car park facility outside the door they can wheel their goods out and pack them into there vehicles, they should close the car park facility down and make them carry shopping in plastic bags like a lot of elderly people do and walk and get a bus or a car parked yards away.

I knew that Tesco's would have no loo roll left but I saw the likes of Farm Foods, semi-chem, Lidls and a few small shops had them, but people just go for the bargain-priced ones and leave the expensive articles on the shelve, I managed to get 2 packets of Adrex wipes and 2 bottles of disinfectant hand wash in £ Stretchers but they were sensible enough to only allow 2 articles per person.

Another trick £ Stretchers did was put toilet rolls and hand towels on a top shelf with a sign saying "Please call for staff assistance" who would come around with small step ladders get the articles and hand them down 2 packs only to the shopper. xD

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

It's the panic buying in the big supermarkets like Tesco's that get me, just because there is a big car park facility outside the door they can wheel their goods out and pack them into there vehicles, they should close the car park facility down and make them carry shopping in plastic bags like a lot of elderly people do and walk and get a bus or a car parked yards away.

I knew that Tesco's would have no loo roll left but I saw the likes of Farm Foods, semi-chem, Lidls and a few small shops had them, but people just go for the bargain-priced ones and leave the expensive articles on the shelve, I managed to get 2 packets of Adrex wipes and 2 bottles of disinfectant hand wash in £ Stretchers but they were sensible enough to only allow 2 articles per person.

Another trick £ Stretchers did was put toilet rolls and hand towels on a top shelf with a sign saying "Please call for staff assistance" who would come around with small step ladders get the articles and hand them down 2 packs only to the shopper. xD

Not gonna lie but closing the car parks just to make people walk sounds like quite a stupid idea. Not all elderly people walk/get buses. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Not gonna lie but closing the car parks just to make people walk sounds like quite a stupid idea. Not all elderly people walk/get buses. 

Aye, that's me just letting off steam, I think they are getting around the panic buying bit by refusing customers who pack their trolleys up with multiple items, me and the wife are lucky really as our son & daughter said to let them know if we need stuff and they will pick it up, and our daughter knows that I don't like sitting around and have to stretch my legs so she suggested I go for a small walk in the morning when it's quiet and that will keep me active a bit.