talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I just order online and get everything delivered to my door once a week or so. The time slots for deliveries get booked out much faster now than they used to but in general it works well... Always did that even before this whole thing started; saves both time and nerves.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Over the weekend the local Facebook pages were just full of pictures of empty aisles at all the local supermarkets. Absolute bastards the lot of them, whoever is bulk buying shit should be the first to go. 

This morning I’ve had to go before work to try and find a few rolls of toilet paper and other essentials to do me and the family the next couple of weeks. People buying 40 rolls of toilet paper as if they are gonna shit themselves to death are just morons. 

• Subscriber

It's painful that the intersection between people who are stupid enough to think they won't be able to go shopping for the rest of their lives for some reason, and selfish enough to respond by buying everything themselves and fuck everyone else, is so large.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

So we're under lock down and people are still driving around honking their horns happily going to work. Looks like the message wasn't properly understood :dam:

Hope the police sort this out soon.

People need to work in order to feed their families though. You can make office workers work from home; industries that mostly rely on manual work have no such option. Not to mention that without thousands of people doing their daily work the society couldn't function and would eventually collapse. The whole food production and supply chain, waste collection & management, power networks and supply, water supply and sanitation, telecommunications, and so on and on and on. It's incredibly naive to think that most people can afford to just stay at home and everything will be fine.

• Upvote 3

Just now, nudge said:

People need to work in order to feed their families though. You can make office workers work from home; industries that mostly rely on manual work have no such option. Not to mention that without thousands of people doing their daily work the society couldn't function and would eventually collapse. The whole food production and supply chain, waste collection & management, power networks and supply, water supply and sanitation, telecommunications, and so on and on and on. It's incredibly naive to think that most people can afford to just stay at home and everything will be fine.

I know. My grandmothers maid had a huge conflict here this morning because she was told she wasn't allowed to come to work anymore. It's a problem especially in a country that is as poor as Peru. However, this is being done to avoid a health system collapse as Vizcarra knows how unprepared the doctors are to deal with this. We already have a Dengue outbreak too so the thing would be horrible to deal with.

I wonder if we'll take similar measures to Italy in regards to finances but like you said, people need to feed their families and I wonder what we'll do in a country as poor as us. A lot of my best friends are middle class to below, so I'm most worried for them.

6 hours ago, Azeem said:

ETLMfvdXYAEOd4Z?format=jpg&name=medium

These people are fucking idiots.

I also think the people stockpiling should probably be shot, just for the good of society. They're holding this back and making people feel the need to routinely check supermarkets and go into big gatherings is going to increase the number of people that get sick.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

This is how Singapore implements measures to ensure that people who are self-isolating stay at home. 

@Bluewolf

FB_IMG_1584372748460.jpg

This is far too complex for the UK to implement because we're all so fucking stupid over here.

Firstly, we'd have texts sent to the wrong people, causing people to go in to a frenzy for no reason.

Secondly, the checkpoints will be announced but no staff will be there to give out the notices.

Thirdly, the random phone calls/house visits will be at stupid o'clock as opposed to times when people are likely to be out i.e. the day.

Fourthly, you'd get people taking several photos of their houses way before going out so that when they get a phone call, they'll send the photos already taken.

:D 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

This is far too complex for the UK to implement because we're all so fucking stupid over here.

Firstly, we'd have texts sent to the wrong people, causing people to go in to a frenzy for no reason.

Secondly, the checkpoints will be announced but no staff will be there to give out the notices.

Thirdly, the random phone calls/house visits will be at stupid o'clock as opposed to times when people are likely to be out i.e. the day.

Fourthly, you'd get people taking several photos of their houses way before going out so that when they get a phone call, they'll send the photos already taken.

:D 

Oh absolutely - and it's probably true for most Western countries.

If there's one country that's capable of pulling that off then it's definitely Singapore, they're essentially a police state anyway. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Oh absolutely - and it's probably true for most Western countries.

If there's one country that's capable of pulling that off then it's definitely Singapore, they're essentially a police state anyway. 

They kill people for smoking weed, nobody's allowed to smoke cigarettes, and you can't chew gum if I remember correctly. So yeah, they're probably adept at keeping everyone in line with those policies there.

I wonder how bad the situation is in North Korea, or if being relatively isolated from the rest of the world means they've been relatively unscathed. The thing is, I know they've got close ties with China... so I doubt they're unscathed.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

They kill people for smoking weed, nobody's allowed to smoke cigarettes, and you can't chew gum if I remember correctly. So yeah, they're probably adept at keeping everyone in line with those policies there.

I wonder how bad the situation is in North Korea, or if being relatively isolated from the rest of the world means they've been relatively unscathed. The thing is, I know they've got close ties with China... so I doubt they're unscathed.

They'll kill off any sufferers as a way of trying to eradicate the issue xD   

There is a video circulating of Saddam Hussein from 1990 where he tells his generals in a meeting that Americans threatened him with Corona outbreak in Iraq and his generals say we will eat corona with salad. 

The video is not confirmed yet but it's interesting, biological warfare might be a real thing. One Iraqi MP says it's true