talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

This is brilliant. Well done Raja.

I don't want to couch in to my elbow. Plus I don't usually use tissues when couching. Too awkward. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

This is how Singapore implements measures to ensure that people who are self-isolating stay at home. 

@Bluewolf

FB_IMG_1584372748460.jpg

Have to agree with Stan on this one, We could never implement this with any success... It will be chaos and badly managed by our Government... They can't even keep track of prisoners on day release with ankle monitors how would they control this idea??? You would just get the same old shit being trotted out after the virus gets worse and more people die because of poor controls.. after it's all calmed down they will launch a big expensive Government enquiry about what went wrong which will take at least 2 years only for them to come out and say "Lessons need to be learned" 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/03/2020 at 02:38, Inti Brian said:

I just realized something unsettling...

I was talking to a Chilean the other day who was spending his holidays here in Lima and he told me just as news reports that Chile will kick off in protests again in March. With 10 cases in their country, that is worrying. That could be a gamechanger.

According to him they calmed things down thanks to their holidays and it being summer or some shit but it is said that Chile will kick off in protests again sometime this month. Not to mention that winter is coming up...

I called it. Their country is out of control.

Chile predicted to have over 1000 cases next week. The Chileans cannot blame the government for this. If they do reach 1500 next week, it's all on the people for not listening to Piñera.

• Administrator

Johnson says now if we have symptoms we should stay at home for 14 days (isn't this what we should have been doing anyway, self-isolation?) 

Advising people to work from home where possible, avoid non-essential travel and pubs/clubs/theatres etc. 

• Subscriber

I managed to get my asthma pumps ordered ok and the rest of my prescriptions are issued by the chemist on the due dates automatically, that being my heart tablets and COPD pump but it looks like our medical centre is getting swamped with non-urgent calls, we have just received this by text message.

462478961_download(3).png.0c4ddbd4c8b751f13c5da6f370455eaf.png

• Subscriber

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Johnson says now if we have symptoms we should stay at home for 14 days (isn't this what we should have been doing anyway, self-isolation?) 

Advising people to work from home where possible, avoid non-essential travel and pubs/clubs/theatres etc. 

Change of strategy then?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Change of strategy then?

Sounds like it's been stepped up a bit.

Still sounds like we're in the contain stage as opposed to the delay stage which apparently we were entering last week. 

Also advised for household isolation so if someone in your household has it then to isolate with them for 14 days. 

• Administrator

NHS England is developing a test for patients who have recovered from the virus. 

Meanwhile the government is expected to scale up testing. They don't say how but just that it will be done. 

Over 44,000 have been tested and over 42,000 came back negative. 

• Administrator

Johnson says, after being asked about implementing criminal enforcement/powers should they breach isolation advice, that we are a grown up and mature democracy and British people understand the need to isolate. Didn't actually answer the question... 

Chris Whitty says healthcare workers can be tested quicker than normal so to decrease the risk to patients they care for. 

4 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Expecting the 'please work from home' email from our bosses any minute!

Will be checking later as I'm on leave but have my work's laptop with me for assignment work. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Johnson says, after being asked about implementing criminal enforcement/powers should they breach isolation advice, that we are a grown up and mature democracy and British people understand the need to isolate. Didn't actually answer the question... 

Chris Whitty says healthcare workers can be tested quicker than normal so to decrease the risk to patients they care for. 

After the stockpiling, fighting and general cuntiness that has happened, I think we're the complete opposite to that. 

• Administrator

Apparently we're '3 weeks behind Italy' so I guess it makes sense to bring these kinds of measures in. Whether people are wise enough to realise that and stick to staying at home (where possible) is another thing. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Will be checking later as I'm on leave but have my work's laptop with me for assignment work. 

After the stockpiling, fighting and general cuntiness that has happened, I think we're the complete opposite to that. 

They live in a different world though don't they xD

My manager’s daughter, who works in a school, is off with a temperature and a cough. Not only has my manager come in today but she’s now scoffed at the advice given by the government saying she’s too busy to work from home and joked she doesn’t want to be at home with her daughter. Never mind the asthmatic lad opposite your desk, the director who is a diabetic or the bloke whose had an irregular heartbeat for a year or so. Idiot. 

• Administrator

I find it all contradictory the statements being made. Stay at home but businesses being forced to close. Schools are open where there's a lot of contact potentially but everyone now told to work from home where possible? 

It seems like they're reluctant to actually shut socially interactive places (pubs/cinemas/theatres etc) but leave it up to the public to decide. 

• Administrator
Just now, Stan said:

I find it all contradictory the statements being made. Stay at home but businesses not being forced to close. Schools are open where there's a lot of contact potentially but everyone now told to work from home where possible? 

It seems like they're reluctant to actually shut socially interactive places (pubs/cinemas/theatres etc) but leave it up to the public to decide. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I find it all contradictory the statements being made. Stay at home but businesses being forced to close. Schools are open where there's a lot of contact potentially but everyone now told to work from home where possible? 

Delicate balancing act methinks. Shut them and they may go under. Keep them open and it could spread further. 

The school one is odd mind. 

3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Delicate balancing act methinks. Shut them and they may go under. Keep them open and it could spread further. 

The school one is odd mind. 

They'll force them shut soon when the cases balloon in the next week. 

Today is just the gentle notice stage.