talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Don't know exactly what it's like in the UK at the moment but it's very eerie here in Spain. 

If you go out, every second person has got a mask and a lot of people are wearing gloves. There's a lot of police about stopping cars on the road and asking questions. Went to a local supermarket earlier near my work and there were people waiting outside. It was a one in, one out policy, not because it was busy but I imagine it was to help stop too many people gathering in an enclosed space. I was waiting outside with a couple of people and we were all distancing itself from each other and there's been a lot of that with the few people you encounter out and about. There's a storm brewing in Seville in the south of Spain in a place which has mostly experienced sunny days of between 23-28 degrees the past month. It's like armageddon or something.

Despite not having strict measures like Spain or Italy, has the UK gone the same way?

Not to the enforcement side yet mate. No police on streets enforcing people to go home or get off the streets. 

May see that distance thing in next few days after Johnson's announcement today stating to stay at home where possible and avoid social contact. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Rick said:

See, now after hearing that new announcement I’ve got a bit of a dilemma with my mother. 

She has had a sore throat, cough and a cold the last few days. As I previously said, she is always dealing with these sort of issues because of her weaker immune system due to having diabetes. 

Now, she’s started to feel better the last day or so...so what do I do? I’m the Operations manager in my workplace, and I wouldn’t like to take a fortnight off if it ends up being fuck all. I’ve had no symptoms whatsoever, but it could be the incubation stage that I’m in. That’s possible too. 

I am stuck in a place where I would like to avoid being off unnecessarily, but this new advice has me question what the fuck I do?

This is why mass testing like in South Korea is needed and why the government and PHE are failing. It's better for public health, it's better for the economy if you just knew straight up is it coronavirus or not. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Would be good if that could have been cleared up at the time. Shit no one asked further about it. 

My missus has asthma and can get it bad sometimes. Does she stay at home for 3 months? 

Yeah asthma can seem normal to people cos of how common it is but it’s people literally not being able to breathe. When the flu hits you can be using your inhaler all day, no telling really how bad it could be with corona...at least they haven’t told us anyway 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Yeah asthma can seem normal to people cos of how common it is but it’s people literally not being able to breathe. When the flu hits you can be using your inhaler all day, no telling really how bad it could be with corona...at least they haven’t told us anyway 

Apparently details will be up on the gov website but you'd have thought that'd be ready to go before the announcement... 

I'm waiting for one member to say we're all wrong and that government have been terrific in their approach, we shouldn't worry and that all the instructions given have been crystal clear... 

From midday tomorrow France will be in complete lockdown. No one allowed out except for essential reasons after a lot of people were defying the original recommendation. Government will save all businesses under threat.

This will be London and the south east soon. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

From midday tomorrow France will be in complete lockdown. No one allowed out except for essential reasons after a lot of people were defying the original recommendation. Government will save all businesses under threat.

Did they say how long they'll be in lockdown for? 

3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

As @Bluewolf mentioned earlier, wouldn't that be difficult to police (especially outside of cities)? 

54 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Don't know exactly what it's like in the UK at the moment but it's very eerie here in Spain. 

If you go out, every second person has got a mask and a lot of people are wearing gloves. There's a lot of police about stopping cars on the road and asking questions. Went to a local supermarket earlier near my work and there were people waiting outside. It was a one in, one out policy, not because it was busy but I imagine it was to help stop too many people gathering in an enclosed space. I was waiting outside with a couple of people and we were all distancing ourselves from each other and there's been a lot of that with the few people you encounter out and about. There's a storm brewing in Seville in the south of Spain in a place which has mostly experienced sunny days of between 23-28 degrees the past month. It's like armageddon or something.

Despite not having strict measures like Spain or Italy, has the UK gone the same way?

Things are rather normal here but certainly starting to fall into that "eerie" category, due to how much everybody is on guard and it being the only thing everyone is talking about.

I'm not surprised it's gone eerie though in Spain as the cases are rising quickly now there:-

Madrid (4.165), Cataluña (1.394) y País Vasco (727)

Those 3 are the worst hit so far. Spain will be fucked after this, same with Italy. In fact, the whole of world will be.

14 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Then the rest of the country will probably follow.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

I've just had an e-mail form our workplace. We're to continue as normal and not work from home. 

When one of the union reps questioned this after the advice by the PM, the response was 'we need to clarify with the Welsh Government and Public Health Wales in regards to specific Welsh context'. 

Is there something I'm missing here? 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've just had an e-mail form our workplace. We're to continue as normal and not work from home. 

When one of the union reps questioned this after the advice by the PM, the response was 'we need to clarify with the Welsh Government and Public Health Wales in regards to specific Welsh context'. 

Is there something I'm missing here? 

You lot like to be different don't you xD 

6 hours ago, nudge said:

I just order online and get everything delivered to my door once a week or so. The time slots for deliveries get booked out much faster now than they used to but in general it works well... Always did that even before this whole thing started; saves both time and nerves.

Been cancelled here 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Been cancelled here 

I wonder what's the reasoning for that? Here they extended the service and added "contactless delivery" where they leave the stuff you ordered at your door in order to reduce exposure and limit the number of people going to grocery stores.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

You lot like to be different don't you xD 

Admittedly it's more to do with clarification around our devolved area (though it just sounds like politicising it a little as Drakeford has pretty much taken the PM's advice), though the Welsh Government are useless cunts at the best of times. I did mention to Gonzo that I have been tempted to make a general thread about them (more for ranting than anything) but am hanging fire for now.

The irony is that where I work is part of the NHS. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

What's the use of telling people not to go into work if it's not necessary, but not telling employers to stop calling their employees into work if it's not necessary? 

If your boss says they still expect you in tomorrow, then it's pretty much "necessary" that you turn up. 

Most people don't have the luxury of deciding whether going into their work is necessary or not, that's kind of where the government needs to step in and decide. 

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

What's the use of telling people not to go into work if it's not necessary, but not telling employers to stop calling their employees into work if it's not necessary? 

If your boss says they still expect you in tomorrow, then it's pretty much "necessary" that you turn up. 

Most people don't have the luxury of deciding whether going into their work is necessary or not, that's kind of where the government needs to step in and decide. 

My issue, personally, isn't about actually going in (I have a meeting in the morning regardless and was always going to go in). It's the response when questioned on it that seems odd. 

We are seeing a slow increase in the numbers, largely because of infected people running away from hospitals or quarantine. Absolute idiots.

So now they have brought in a law to punish such behaviour.

Pune, the worst hit city, will have all its shops (except pharmacies and grocery) closed for the next three days.

Everywhere  in the country, all schools, colleges, theatres, gyms, malls will now remain closed till 31st March.

Meanwhile, in my city trains remain crowded because companies are not letting people work from home.

This is getting scarier by the day.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor