talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

Vox has prepared a very informative video about how and why the wild life farming started in China and why it continues.

Regardless of it's origin and if the Chinese government tried to hide in the beginning as claimed, but the way they have dealt with it is amazing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Football cancelled at all levels for 4 weeks (minus A and W league). Great... but I still have to go to school. These fucks are not thinking of the teachers and staff. 

Think of it this way you will die in the noble cause of knowledge, there is honor in that :coffee:

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Football cancelled at all levels for 4 weeks (minus A and W league). Great... but I still have to go to school. These fucks are not thinking of the teachers and staff. 

Surprises me that A-League and W-League aren't being cancelled. 

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Might be a blessing in disguise you're on an island.

Are boats/ferries allowing people in/out of the island?

From yesterday they've instructed two weeks of self-isolation for anyone who arrives on the island. Hopefully if people stick to that we won't get hit as bad, but if this thing takes off, we live in a place with one hospital. Reportedly we have 8 ICU beds which is absolutely terrifying.

6 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Think of it this way you will die in the noble cause of knowledge, there is honor in that :coffee:

30-39 year olds get it the most. I’ve probably already had it but there is no way I could’ve got tested. That’s the real issue with these “numbers”.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

From yesterday they've instructed two weeks of self-isolation for anyone who arrives on the island. Hopefully if people stick to that we won't get hit as bad, but if this thing takes off, we live in a place with one hospital. Reportedly we have 8 ICU beds which is absolutely terrifying.

This is what worried me after your post. Didn't know it was as low as only one hospital!

I'd have thought it'd be best to restrict entry for the foreseeable future. Just at least contain it while possible. 

• Administrator
Just now, Toinho said:

Empty stadiums 

I see. Didn't realise that. 

Even so, what if players have it but don't show symptoms yet? Just paves the way for it to be passed on to other players, staff, families etc. Basically same situation Europe was in a few weeks ago...

Just now, Stan said:

I see. Didn't realise that. 

Even so, what if players have it but don't show symptoms yet? Just paves the way for it to be passed on to other players, staff, families etc. Basically same situation Europe was in a few weeks ago...

At this rate we will be following Spain or Italy numbers. A reminder we are at the end of summer. Yet our trajectory is scary. 

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Vox has prepared a very informative video about how and why the wild life farming started in China and why it continues.

Regardless of it's origin and if the Chinese government tried to hide in the beginning as claimed, but the way they have dealt with it is amazing.

Fuck ‘em, they should be bearing the world’s fucking costs for this by hiding this shit for a month. Nobody’ll ever tell China that because of money. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck ‘em, they should be bearing the world’s fucking costs for this by hiding this shit for a month. Nobody’ll ever tell China that because of money. 

Absolutely spot on.

They hid data. They hid facts. And worse they are now buying adspace in international media to whitewash their crimes, or by giving meagre help to badly affected countries like Iran and Italy, to win brownie points.

China needs to be held fucking accountable for their actions by the rest of world, when this is all over. And they should start by reforming their wet markets first.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Definitely and not just them the Iranian government's incompetence also needs to be addressed, didn't closed the shrines that spread it the most and a lot of people who came from Iran here ran away from quarantine because they are saying they were in quarantine in Iran but they have been tested positive. What were they doing ?

But with the way China and South Korea has dealt with it is impressive and i can't say anything about China helping other countries, my friend who came from Iran said Chinese teams were overseeing everything with Iranian doctors in Qoum, them doing this for face saving isn't going to work. China certainty can't hide this and will face consequences no matter what.

Edited by Azeem

Fraudsters are trying to steal money from elderly people by offering to go shopping for them during the coronavirus outbreak, police have warned.

Camden Police urged older people to remain vigilant to offers of help after a "small number of reports" that individuals were using the situation to take advantage of those in need.

People over the age of 70, those people with pre-existing conditions and women who are pregnant have been urged to self-isolate as much as possible, in a bid to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

We could overcome this problem by getting the Teachers to cover the shopping trips for the elderly in their areas if they close the schools down... better than them just sitting at home doing nothing for the next 2 months and it shows a good community spirit... 

Now this is a great idea.... xD

With coronavirus spreading, the government is asking us to stay home from work and avoid going to pubs or restaurants. One group of pubs has come up with a way to allow you to continue to enjoy the pub experience from the comfort of your own home, as well as supporting a small business through the crisis. Brewery Signature Brew are behind three London venues – Blackhorse Beer Mile brewery bar, The Collab in Walthamstow and Taproom in Haggerston. As well as offering a click and collect service at the pub, they are launching the Pub In A Box. Starting at £25, you can get the set delivered to your house and have a night at the pub with others in your household to stick to self-isolation rules. The box includes a selection of their award-winning beers, with glassware, beer mats, snacks, a music quiz and exclusive playlists curated by music journalists to accompany the beers themselves.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/17/bar-launches-pub-box-can-enjoy-experience-home-coronavirus-self-isolation-12409918/

People with blood type A may be more vulnerable to Coronavirus - Research in Wuhan and Shenzhen indicates patients with the blood group had higher rate of infection and tended to get more severe symptoms.. Those with type O ‘had a significantly lower risk for the infectious disease.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3075567/people-blood-type-may-be-more-vulnerable-coronavirus-china-study

• Upvote 2