talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

16 minutes ago, Machado said:

People with blood type A may be more vulnerable to Coronavirus - Research in Wuhan and Shenzhen indicates patients with the blood group had higher rate of infection and tended to get more severe symptoms.. Those with type O ‘had a significantly lower risk for the infectious disease.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3075567/people-blood-type-may-be-more-vulnerable-coronavirus-china-study

As a type O, I like this

4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

The embassy of France in Peru has posted an announcement about the stranded French in the country. I can't understand it but it's initiative.

Meanwhile, Canada... :dam:

At the moment their repatriation isn't envisaged. However, there are conversations ongoing with diplomatic authorities and airlines about the possibility of commercial flights for those who had their flights cancelled. They have no idea when that might happen though.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

USA on course to reach 90,000 cases within 10 days. 6 million within a month. 

Can't put any blame on their inspirational leader downplaying it all. None. None at all. Greatest role model ever.

giphy.gif

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

It's a great headline but I believe their country has only been closed off to foreigners, not necessarily Canadians? 

Of course flight restrictions around the world do give the headline some credence!

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's a great headline but I believe their country has only been closed off to foreigners, not necessarily Canadians? 

Of course flight restrictions around the world do give the headline some credence!

It's because people such as myself cannot leave the country due to the restrictions put on by the country they are in. I was supposed to go back to Canada tomorrow but Peru closed off all borders and suspended all flights. Luckily for me I'm staying with family. Other people aren't so lucky though.

31 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I imagine they'd have to contact their embassies to have the government arrange for flight back if they've been ordered to come back. But idk.

• Subscriber

A nice touch this one (below), they will open on a Wednesday between 0800 - 1000, our son said he will drive me up there and see what they have, went to Tesco this morning early (when it was quiet, minimum contact with people like me with my asthma etc) trying to get some pasta but zero luck the same as the toilet roll etc shelves were empty, saw some lady filling a basket up with cans of veg etc, she literally put her arm on the shelf and just pushing them all into her basket, I told one of the staff to go kick her arse and tell her to put them all back on the shelf.     

Quote.thumb.png.d55eeef1fd5bb665755829f982a1ae13.png

Coronavirus in Edinburgh: Iceland store opens doors early for elderly shoppers amid panic buying

Iceland is encouraging its store managers to dedicate the first two hours of a store opening to pensioners and vulnerable people

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/coronavirus-edinburgh-iceland-store-opens-17936265

So they've banned gatherings of over 50 people here, bars and restaurants aren't allowed to have anyone visit - food can be sold still, but everything has to be to go or delivery. Schools and Unis officially ordered to shut down. Toilet paper's been at almost every store around here (got some bog rolls yesterday, thank fucking Christ because I actually needed some - didn't panic buy a shitload just took one pack). The supermarket by me is usually pretty nice because it's 24/7, which is pretty fucking handy sometimes if it's late, but with the Covid-19 fears they're now open for just 12 hours a day. Although I think that's a good thing considering the circumstances, you can tell they've sterilised the store in the mornings when you walk in.

Going to the store in the morning is pretty unnerving though - it looks like a warzone with massive lines (but with everyone spaced out) to get into stores as they open. Thankfully more stores are putting limits on how many basic necessities can be bought in a single checkout. There's probably ways around that so people can still hoard basic necessities that have become scarce... but it's definitely proven to be more effective than just letting people buy everything up.

I've been working from home since Friday- it's been alright (sometimes I take work home anyways, but business has slowed a bit as many of our clients operations have slowed or come to a standstill with the virus - even before it hit here like this). The worst thing about it is if we're using our company's VPN to access some of our secured shit... which everyone is doing right now because everyone's working from home... it's a bit slow compared to normal. I assume that's because there's a shitload of people are using it currently.