talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

That was my son dropped me off at Iceland and waited for me, 09.00 to 11.00 OAP's only, security at the door turning people away who had no proof of identity, got 2 packs of toilet roll, hand wipes and pasta etc, did not go overboard with anything as from what I have heard all the supermarkets will be doing this shortly, what I got today of the essentials will last me and the wife for a good 2 weeks, no panic buying involved.

It was handy as the security guard at the door was one of my guards I had when I was working, seen it was me, laughed and said "Hello you old bastard, I know how old you are" and let me in. xD  

• Administrator
16 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

We are going to see more and more stupidity from celebrities.

And this has to be the most Jared Leto things ever.

15 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Try this one, or just search her name on Twitter. Suspect her PR team are working to get them taken down

Baffling levels of airheadery

it's okay guys. She's said she's sorry!

• Subscriber

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/4fdc0d03d3a34aa485de1fb0d2650ee0

Interesting timeline tracker for the virus. It makes sense how the spread got the way it did now. That transit slider shows it. What will be interesting once this is all done is how we view travel and safety precautions from clearing aircrafts for landing in other cities. I'd imagine a lot of this could have been avoided had they locked down travel faster. 

• Upvote 1

Portugal could go on lockdown, as of 00h00.

Don't agree with this whatsoever. People are already following the advice of staying in quarantine, there's no need to shut down the entire country, especially when measures about payment of rents, mortgages, etc haven't been discussed. 

It was obvious Brazil and Chile would be at the top. The former for a reckless government and the latter for not listening to the leaders. As for Peru, I reckon it's because of how compact Lima can be. Most of the cases are in the capital after all.

Uruguay was at zero cases just a few days ago. Alarming how quickly that has gone up.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Don't take the number of confirmed cases as an accurate indicator of how widespread the virus is. Some countries simply aren't testing as much as some others.

For sure, I'd imagine Brazil has a much higher number. Larger population and a government who simply doesn't seem to care much.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Scotland closing schools from Friday as well.

Johnson says a decision on English schools is 'imminent'. If so, that sounds like they'll be announcing closures because keeping them open is a lack of a decision.

Johnson wanting to create immunity is laughable. I want to see his face when the queen gets it.

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Don't take the number of confirmed cases as an accurate indicator of how widespread the virus is. Some countries simply aren't testing as much as some others.

And also, the death rate for this would surely be lower with the number of people who had mild symptoms and didn’t get diagnosed. 

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Machado said:

I know right. I want to look at it for hours, might just do it... time is not a problem now :4_joy:

Those pandemics just look so cute and fuzzy... Even better with googly eyes! :ph34r:xD 

isKuYoM.png

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Try this one, or just search her name on Twitter. Suspect her PR team are working to get them taken down

Baffling levels of airheadery

People who says "like" that often are always idiots.