talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Something like a lock down for leisure and hospitality now. Better something than nothing. 

Job retention scheme, and increase to UC introduced. 

Finally a modicum of leadership. 

Obviously the Indian comes to the rescue :ph34r:

Italy now have 4,032 people that have officially died as a result of COVID-19, overtaking China in this area. I just wish that us Brits would take more note of this and become more sensible. The bars and pubs are still full of people for the most part in the UK. When will the vast majority of people take responsibility and avoid crowded places? 

Wetherspoons have announced that their bars will stay open, that's the wrong message to be giving out at this point in time in my opinion. If people continue to mix in public with others, then this virus is inevitably going to be with us for longer than most would want.

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Italy now have 4,032 people that have officially died as a result of COVID-19, overtaking China in this area. I just wish that us Brits would take more note of this and become more sensible. The bars and pubs are still full of people for the most part in the UK. When will the vast majority of people take responsibility and avoid crowded places? 

Wetherspoons have announced that their bars will stay open, that's the wrong message to be giving out at this point in time in my opinion. If people continue to mix in public with others, then this virus is inevitably going to be with us for longer than most would want.

To be fair the guy who owns Wetherspoons is a Conservative party donor who printed off Vote Leave beermats to be placed in every Wetherspoons in the country so we're pretty high up on the gammon-meter when we're talking about him.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Tune may change of bars after this evening's message from the government. Come next week they will force any closed that haven't. 

No reason to stay open now with these new economic measures. 

We will probably have 1000 deaths by next weekend. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Not surprised the dickhead who owns Wetherspoons is more concerned with making sure he still makes money rather than containing the spread of an infectious disease that no government has demonstrated they were ready for.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

WHO saying under 50s are making up a significant portion of those hospitalised so wake the fuck up you feckless young cunts.

The amount of deaths in Italy surely does have to do how the younger ones acted while it was not that much serious

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Rishi was reassuring though. Glad to see some confidence and assertiveness over the usually bumbling and nervous-looking Boris. 

I haven't watched either of the press conferences that he has been involved with, but both times I have seen the reaction on Twitter where he has received praise from even the most ardent lefties.

He does have the benefit of being the man to deliver the good news, but it is significant that he speaks well and is reassuring.

Johnson speaks to people during light-hearted times, and they find him relatable, but the way he speaks and bumbles isn't exactly reassuring in a time like this.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

I haven't watched either of the press conferences that he has been involved with, but both times I have seen the reaction on Twitter where he has received praise from even the most ardent lefties.

He does have the benefit of being the man to deliver the good news, but it is significant that he speaks well and is reassuring.

Johnson speaks to people during light-hearted times, and they find him relatable, but the way he speaks and bumbles isn't exactly reassuring in a time like this.

It's good news for most but like you say it's the delivery of it all. Confident and composed. Clear and concise. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

What's worrying is that they're on lockdown as well aren't they? 

Yes but based on the incubation period we theoretically need two weeks of lockdown to start seeing its impact. Granted it's been 12 days already so I hoped to see the situation improving already...

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMike said:

Surely this announcement of pubs etc closing would have been better in morning? Now you'll just get a load of dead heads going out tonight 'to make the most of it'

They've been told to close as soon as is possible. 

Agree though. Guess they wanted to announce it officially at the daily update. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

Surely this announcement of pubs etc closing would have been better in morning? Now you'll just get a load of dead heads going out tonight 'to make the most of it'

Funnily enough, I said the same thing just now to my old man. Everyone goes out for one more piss up before forcing to close. 

Where do people who have already been laid off stand with this 80% wage thing I wonder? My missus works for a leisure club and they got rid of staff who were still on 3 month probation this morning. My missus has been there a long time so is fine but she's gutted for all those they've let go