talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This senator insider trading story in the US gets a little more juicy: the head of the NYSE was married to one of these criminal politicians: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nyse-jeffrey-c-sprecher-kelly-loeffler-sold-company-stock-ahead-of-coronavirus-market-meltdown/#

Rampant political corruption during times of a pandemic is arguably the most American thing ever

Try them. Seize all assets used in the trade. Take the money and just make kits for everyone to get tested for FREE. I can't believe that the first thing that went through their minds when they knew something dangerous was coming was to sell their stocks. Sometimes I wonder how human we really are.

20 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Try them. Seize all assets used in the trade. Take the money and just make kits for everyone to get tested for FREE. I can't believe that the first thing that went through their minds when they knew something dangerous was coming was to sell their stocks. Sometimes I wonder how human we really are.

The most shocking thing of this scandal is they knew since January how bad this could get. Yet they reassured the public it wouldn’t get this bad, all while knowing what was likely coming. Some didn’t just sell their stocks, but also told their wealthy donors (aka their masters) this might get bad.

I’m typically against capitol punishment, but using political office for financial gain while misleading the public of a pandemic is unforgivable. And I doubt there’s any rehabilitating someone lacking in any morality whatsoever. People will die because they kept quiet about it in January while they were selling their stocks. Seems fair if they get the death penalty imo.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The most shocking thing of this scandal is they knew since January how bad this could get. Yet they reassured the public it wouldn’t get this bad, all while knowing what was likely coming. Some didn’t just sell their stocks, but also told their wealthy donors (aka their masters) this might get bad.

I’m typically against capitol punishment, but using political office for financial gain while misleading the public of a pandemic is unforgivable. And I doubt there’s any rehabilitating someone lacking in any morality whatsoever. People will die because they kept quiet about it in January while they were selling their stocks. Seems fair if they get the death penalty imo.

Mentioned earlier they should be punished accordingly. They should not be getting away with this even when this virus dies a timely death. 

• Subscriber

Wow.

So it's being reported that a Chinese shipment of masks and respirators has apparently been confiscated by Poland and the Czech Republic. Two independent transports were stopped and seized at the respective borders. Reportedly 680,000 masks and thousands of respirators.

https://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2020/03/21/news/coronavirus_cosi_la_repubblica_ceca_ha_sequestrato_680_mila_mascherine_inviate_dalla_cina_all_italia-251883320/

https://kurier.at/politik/ausland/corona-lieferung-fuer-italien-polen-und-tschechien-kassieren-masken-und-beatmungsgeraete-ein/400789163?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1584870985

The Czech authorities are now trying to claim they thought the masks and equipment were stolen but they story is being refuted by the leaked pics that clearly show Italian and Chinese flags on the packages.

ETj2gagXsAA4BCu?format=jpg&name=large

ETj2gafXQAIth8Q?format=jpg&name=large

ETkH-dqXYAMS0fc?format=jpg&name=small

• Confused 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think they'll get whats coming to them after the world deals with this. I also dont think they'll be let off easy. I'd imagine this can be justified as homicidal in nature considering people have died from their decisions and knowingly too.

• Subscriber

So today the Isle of Man has increased to a total of 5 confirmed cases, all mild and none yet requiring hospital treatment. Crucially though, one of today's new cases has no travel history so has been locally transmitted.

The government's response is to close borders to all but returning Manx residents. Schools will close at the end of the day tomorrow with some staying open only to children of key workers. All pubs, bars, gyms, restaurants close from midnight tonight. Restaurants allowed to stay open to provide delivery or collection services only. All residents advised not to leave their house except for food shopping and work if necessary.

Fair play to them, even if they have to be ultra cautious on account of there apparently only being six ventilators available on the island in total. Rather be here than most of Europe right now, especially England. 

Press conference started, and right off the bat Boris has just told people to please follow the advice of social distancing. He even said he appreciates that its important for health that people are out and about. Honest to fucking god, basically just gave people a reason to ignore said advice!

Massive letdown that.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Press conference started, and right off the bat Boris has just told people to please follow the advice of social distancing. He even said he appreciates that its important for health that people are out and about. Honest to fucking god, basically just gave people a reason to ignore said advice!

Massive letdown that.

Absolute wet wipe of a comment. 

Good question by BBC Vicki Young saying why is it advising and not imposing action because clearly people aren't listening. 

I don't think what he's saying there now matters. The people watching are those isolating. The french had to enforce lockdown because of a proportion of people not listening. We are a couple of days from that.

The ice cream van has just been down my street ffs.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I don't think what he's saying there now matters. The people watching are those isolating. The french had to enforce lockdown because of a proportion of people not listening. We are a couple of days from that.

The ice cream van has just been down my street ffs.

I don't get how we're not in lockdown yet. As long as its just 'advisory' from the PM or government, people won't listen and just make their own decisions now. 

Ahead of new PM statement — total fury across govt tonight at people flouting social distancing orders — in particular men and younger men — images of London parks packed with people over the weekend have shocked Whitehall — they believed people would behave more responsibly

What planet are they living on??? I think it was pretty clear from the get go that 'The sensible and Mature' nation that we are were not going to be following any simple stay safe rules and regs, thought that might have been fairly obvious after the ridiculous shopping frenzy started but they probably hoped it would all sort itself out in due course because we are after all a sensible bunch....

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't get how we're not in lockdown yet. As long as its just 'advisory' from the PM or government, people won't listen and just make their own decisions now. 

Political tactic perhaps. 

Lock everything down and people whine at the government. Wait for the emergence of a group of ignorant tossers ignoring advice and then locking down becomes an approval rate winner.

Though most leaders are surging in approval ratings in this crisis anyway. Some of those who started with the worst approval ratings such as Macron and Trump are getting great gains.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I highly doubt people will still listen even if we do go into full lockdown. 

The fact is people are simply selfish. It doesn't matter if the advice comes from Tories, Labour, Lib Dems etc, people will simply not listen. I guarantee that even on full lockdown, there'll still be people out and about not giving a shit. 

I'll throw this out there for everyone. 

Other than a full lockdown, what else do people expect the UK government to do? 

Try not to be biased if possible.