talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Other than a full lockdown, what else do people expect the UK government to do? 

Try not to be biased if possible. 

I!m not going to slag off everything they have done. The announcement of helping businesses and helping people financially were great and very welcome. That being said, a lockdown would give the NHS a chance to fight the cases as they rise. No doubt things are going to get worse, but you really have to give yourself the best chance to get through.

A lockdown is the only logical step.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Propaganda. Have celebrities (or anyone else who people generally respect) on TV telling people to stay inside. Many will listen to them more than they listen to the government.

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

A better plan to mass test. It's too slow and we have no idea the extent to which this virus is in the community and which community.

The reality is everything is slow because the government spent a couple of weeks behind the scenes believing in herd immunity. We've only ditched that 6 days ago! We are playing catch up and that is their fault.

The public inquiry after this is over will be damning. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I highly doubt people will still listen even if we do go into full lockdown. 

The fact is people are simply selfish. It doesn't matter if the advice comes from Tories, Labour, Lib Dems etc, people will simply not listen. I guarantee that even on full lockdown, there'll still be people out and about not giving a shit. 

I'll throw this out there for everyone. 

They will listen because in a full lockdown you'd hope there'd be some security on streets (it's got to this point, let's face it) to stop people going out. 

Having a full lockdown hopefully slows the strain of people needing to go to the hospital and enable people to isolate properly. 

5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

What about us downplaying it for the last 2 months despite having the evidence as well? :4_joy:

Init. Massive fuck up and now to have such a sudden u-turn, at the beginning of the week Boris is chatting about how we couldn’t shut up shop too soon otherwise not enough people would get it, a week later he’s talking about people going inside so they don’t overwhelm the NHS.

He doesn’t wanna announce a lockdown on Mother’s Day/a Sunday night. If anything it’ll come tomorrow night once bosses have had a chance to put plans into place

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Init. Massive fuck up and now to have such a sudden u-turn, at the beginning of the week Boris is chatting about how we couldn’t shut up shop too soon otherwise not enough people would get it, a week later he’s talking about people going inside so they don’t overwhelm the NHS.

He doesn’t wanna announce a lockdown on Mother’s Day/a Sunday night. If anything it’ll come tomorrow night once bosses have had a chance to put plans into place

The only positive in it all is that they are changing tact fast. At least they are amenable to internal and external pressures. 

What is fascinating in the public side is I have seen people go from "the flu kills more" to battening down the hatches. The only people left to catch up are the contrarian's who will probably never change and seemingly a bulk of young 20 somethings.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

An 18 year old had died in UK of the virus. 

:(

I just typed this up on Twitter and saw the news. The only thing in reply is people saying "he had underlying health conditions surely" without any source saying he did.

People are fucking pathetic, when will humans realize it's deadly enough to kill anyone. They just want to hear what they want to hear.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I just typed this up on Twitter and saw the news. The only thing in reply is people saying "he had underlying health conditions surely" without any source saying he did.

People are fucking pathetic, when will humans realize it's deadly enough to kill anyone. They just want to hear what they want to hear.

I get that but those with underlying health conditions are more likely to get it and suffer more from it. I don't get what's so bad about saying it other than it just being speculation. 

Just now, Stan said:

I get that but those with underlying health conditions are more likely to get it and suffer more from it. I don't get what's so bad about saying it other than it just being speculation. 

They are, but those people in reply just assume he had one because the virus "can't kill the young" apparently. This pandemic will end with a vaccine, us humans are too fucking stupid and arrogant to stop the spread ourselves.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Well it's not speculation considering that's what NHS England reported... 

“All the 37 people aged between 18 and 102 who died in England after testing positive for coronavirus were in vulnerable groups including with underlying conditions.”

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

“All the 37 people aged between 18 and 102 who died in England after testing positive for coronavirus were in vulnerable groups including with underlying conditions.”

Ah hadn't seen that. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I!m not going to slag off everything they have done. The announcement of helping businesses and helping people financially were great and very welcome. That being said, a lockdown would give the NHS a chance to fight the cases as they rise. No doubt things are going to get worse, but you really have to give yourself the best chance to get through.

A lockdown is the only logical step.

I agree that a lockdown is the next logical step, but the concern again is whether people will actually listen or not. As people have already shown on this thread, it'll be the likes of 'it's Boris so who gives a fuck', 'Nobody is listening to you' etc. 

There can only be so much the UK Government can do. 

1 hour ago, Machado said:

Propaganda. Have celebrities (or anyone else who people generally respect) on TV telling people to stay inside. Many will listen to them more than they listen to the government.

While some can be respected, the way some have been acting during this (such as Vanessa Hudgens, Sam Smith and Evangeline Lilly) suggests that it could do the opposite. 

Personally, I don't have a high opinion on many of them. 

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

A better plan to mass test. It's too slow and we have no idea the extent to which this virus is in the community and which community.

The reality is everything is slow because the government spent a couple of weeks behind the scenes believing in herd immunity. We've only ditched that 6 days ago! We are playing catch up and that is their fault.

The public inquiry after this is over will be damning. 

Fair enough on that, though if the NHS is struggling as is with the current demand, I'm not sure how this would work without affecting other areas. 

In regards to catching up, you could say that about a fair amount of first world countries. 

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

They will listen because in a full lockdown you'd hope there'd be some security on streets (it's got to this point, let's face it) to stop people going out. 

Having a full lockdown hopefully slows the strain of people needing to go to the hospital and enable people to isolate properly. 

Again, I'm not convinced they will just based on the last day or two alone. People are selfish wankstains and will try their luck come what may. 

Also, the security (I'd imagine) would only cover cities and largest towns. There'll still be areas who'll give the middle finger and piss around regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

That might be true but just tagging 'Underlying Health Conditions' on most of the deaths just lessens the impact this is having on peoples mindsets in general, It's almost as if we are saying " Well, they would have died of something else sooner or later" and the problem I have with that is that if this is killing healthy people because of it's nature then people who read "Underlying Health Issues" are more likely to think they will be ok, or take a slightly less concerned approach toward their health and why you get some sections of the public who think it's ok to gather together in groups, go strolling in the park etc and generally have a seeming disregard for basic sensible advice... 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Also @Tommy is this you and is it true?

image.thumb.png.155778a6931322e5ce20577ba05067c5.png

Apparently in Dusseldorf. 

'wash your hands as if you've just chopped chillies and now you want to masturbate' xD

It literally says Köln = Cologne. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't know how reliable NHS England are. They are a Hospital or a Press? Someone can confirm me. Apologies for any ignorance here.

My problem though is that everyone wants sources to tell them what they want to hear. There seems to be no inbetween. Either there are those who panic or those who are too laid back. Both are just as bad as each other. In terms of the latter, if someone young dies they 100% had underlying health conditions. If the facts report otherwise then they are "scaremongering". There's no winning with some.

Anyways, I'm going to believe NHS England just assuming they are important over there. I still think people are just disregarding the elderly or the ones that are more ill. Makes me sick.

11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I hope we go in to lockdown to be honest. Crime figures in London dont appear to have changed. Driving to work yesterday I saw just as many cars as usual on the roads in areas like Streatham/Croydon/Mitcham and plenty of kids hanging round chicken shops. People just don't get the seriousness of being on the same trajectory as Italy.

Hanging outside chicken shops good grief what a shithole it has become 

9 hours ago, Stan said:

This man :o

Tbh if it was 1-2% of pensioners you would take that now, harsh as it sounds. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

I'm not agreeing with them but I would say that some times hard decisions need to be made when it is easier to take the nicer response.

I'd expect all leaders of all countries are reviewing some pretty decent situational analysis models, outlining different possible future states 18 months from now when a vaccine is finally developed.

Perhaps by that point the nation that just kept calm and carried on and let the virus rip through in three brutal months is faring better than the nation that locked all it's people away for the majority of 18 months. Perhaps the economy is better, and back on the way up, when the other nation has turned its entire populace agoraphobic, and suffers a prolonged economic depression, and entrained low productivity that takes a decade to fix and is ultimately far more destructive...

I don't know, but this could be a picture of the truth your not being told, and the reasons why those in power are doing what they are....

We’re easily in the most testing time since WW2 now and it’s not even got running yet, desperate times will mean brutal decisions sadly. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Absolute wet wipe of a comment. 

Good question by BBC Vicki Young saying why is it advising and not imposing action because clearly people aren't listening. 

They are though to some degree, I know loads isolating, I didn’t visit my mom today, last night me and the lads got pushed via house party app. It will slow down as we get deeper into it

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

I don't think what he's saying there now matters. The people watching are those isolating. The french had to enforce lockdown because of a proportion of people not listening. We are a couple of days from that.

The ice cream van has just been down my street ffs.

Ice cream men up here are delivering bread and milk etc.