talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

It will be interesting to see how the world would prepare for such pandemic...how well we can contain and mitigate the impact, will countries ultimately work to benefit the populace and prevent future pandemics with actual social safety nets or do they dig in to further entrench the status quo and profiteering corporations.

This working from home marlarky is just what I suspected it was... a huge scam!! My daughter got up late, started late and is sitting at her computer in her dressing gown at this very moment munching biscuits with her coffee while texting someone... I told her if she doesn't do something soon I am dobbing her in to her boss next shift... I said you're not a teacher, you can't get away with doing nothing all day and still expect to get paid... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

This is the problem here to be honest. People being scared of being labelled racist(well and losing money...). This is why the whole world won't shut their boarders to China forever. 

I'm going to go the opposite way and say the outbreak in China wasn't taken seriously in much of the west because they are thought of as alien due to being racially and culturally different. 

However Italy closed their borders to the whole of China well before they had an outbreak of their own. They were the first western country to do so. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I cannot believe how many people visited beaches and parks over the last weekend. The photos are absolutely damning. I'll be surprised if we are not in lockdown by the end of Wednesday at the very latest.

Exactly my thoughts. It's why I'm surprised more measures weren't brought in at the weekend. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

After following voluntary curfew orders impeccably yesterday, idiots have come out from their houses. Men and women going out for walks. Children coming down to play. People roaming on bikes.

It is so infuriating to see this.

I think this is a byproduct of thinking that staying at home for a day is some magical cure for a drop in numbers so people are just going out. I am also equally surprised at the attitude considering we don't live in times when access to information is hard and yet we're being borderline stupid about our behaviour. I know you want to get out and being indoors has damaged your enjoyment engine but what's fourteen days compared to getting sick and in some cases getting worse than just being sick. 

It's also more stupid considering the government has asked for lockdowns in certain states and yet today I looked outside and saw so many people walking around and all I am thinking is that you must be enormously thick to not understand the gravity of this situation. Like I said before, we will do nothing till death surrounds us and by then I hope it's not too late to do something about this. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Surely it’s testing also Europe is geographically small I expect it to spread quickly throughout 

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Isn't it just a result of more developed countries having closer links with each other, more travel etc. And also that they have the means to diagnose it increasing the numbers? I cant imagine Niger and Uganda making it a massive priority to import thousands of coronavirus testing kits unless I'm just being woefully ignorant?

Africa will be badly hit, they just don’t know it yet

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

After following voluntary curfew orders impeccably yesterday, idiots have come out from their houses. Men and women going out for walks. Children coming down to play. People roaming on bikes.

It is so infuriating to see this.

So I saw this Yesterday, I’m dubious about that stat as nothing in the article and nothing I can find online confirms it. But reading the article wouldn’t it be the same in none Muslim asian households where you have multiple generations in the same house? Because in the UK it is quite common for 3-4 generations of the same house among the asian demographic so isolation won’t work as they literally have all their eggs in one basket. Is this the same in India? 

Boris Johnson is attempting to race sweeping new laws on coronavirus through the Commons in a day, as the UK faces the prospect of a total lockdown in the next 24 hours.

MPs are returning to the Commons after the weekend to debate the government's Coronavirus Bill in all its stages, before it goes to the House of Lords and becomes law by the end of this week.

The Commons debate follows a stark warning from the prime minister that the UK is heading towards a lockdown, after appeals to the public to stay indoors were largely ignored during a sunny Mother's Day.

At his latest Downing Street news conference, Mr Johnson said further measures would be considered in the next 24 hours to prevent the spread of coronavirus if people fail to stay two metres apart.

The bill states: "We assume the vast majority of people will comply with relevant public health advice. The policy aim of these provisions is to ensure that proportionate measures can be enforced if and when necessary.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-pm-to-rush-in-emergency-laws-as-uk-heads-towards-lockdown/ar-BB11ytJn?ocid=spartanntp

Assumption is the Mother of all fuck up's..... 

@Mel81x is your Municipal cooperation giving you names and addresses of the quarantined people? It is been done here wardwise. A PDF file for every ward has been spread on WhatsApp. It's helpful for public then to avoid going to those apartment buildings.

31 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

So I saw this Yesterday, I’m dubious about that stat as nothing in the article and nothing I can find online confirms it. But reading the article wouldn’t it be the same in none Muslim asian households where you have multiple generations in the same house? Because in the UK it is quite common for 3-4 generations of the same house among the asian demographic so isolation won’t work as they literally have all their eggs in one basket. Is this the same in India? 

I think in general Indian families are big. We do live with our parents. And in  some cases there would be your children, brothers of your father and their children. So, basically a big family and therefore no chance of social distancing within the house.

Still, my concern wouldn't be that. Because if they remain inside, then this could be stopped.

My bigger concern is religious places. Don't wanna turn this into an anti Muslim thing. But while temples and churches here have largely been closed, masjids have gone ahead and stated that they will remain open. Or the pointless sit-in protests that are continuing to exist in Delhi and Chennai.

But like I said, it's not just confined to Muslims alone. On 25th there is Hindu (Maharashtrian) new year festival, and I as a Maharashtrian I am absolutely dreading this. Though we have been sending loads of messages to everyone to not publically celebrate on 25th, I think some idiots are just not going to get the message.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

@Mel81x is your Municipal cooperation giving you names and addresses of the quarantined people? It is been done here wardwise. A PDF file for every ward has been spread on WhatsApp. It's helpful for public then to avoid going to those apartment buildings.

Over here they are now starting to tell people via comms that they should not go to area X or stay indoors and the messages are useful because it just stops people from visiting those areas. They are, however, not releasing the names and addresses of any quarantined people but I don't think the time is far from that happening too. So far I haven't heard or seen anything in my neighbordhood which is interesting considering the huge influx of people we have here but other areas where there are IT Parks and where most big companies are setup.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

You should go out for walks but there's no need go get in your car and go to the beach or the park at typical prime time. Just a 10-20 minute walk around your streets should suffice. 

You can be PM.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I cannot believe how many people visited beaches and parks over the last weekend. The photos are absolutely damning. I'll be surprised if we are not in lockdown by the end of Wednesday at the very latest.

Went to Richmond Park thinking it’d be fairly quiet considering how big it was, and away from the road where cyclists were riding in groups shitloads of cars were there the park itself was empty in large spaces. We had to park at Isabelle Plantation though and that was ridiculous, so many people around that area that we turned around and went home 15/20 minutes in because we were struggling to stay 2 meters apart from people.

So many families and big groups without a care in the world, was literally just me and he missus. Just gunna stick to my local park for a walk which has been quiet recently 

What is sad is to see how many people who have been following the advice have lost friends and relatives to the virus - mainly due to the selfishness of others.  Whilst our Boris dithers and prattles to very little purpose, Angela who has been great in Germany has now fallen foul of the virus - enough to prove to the idiots that there is no logic other than keeping away from each other as much as possible to try and halt the spread.  Italy's population in the north has decreased as folk have gone south to escape it - and taken it with them to increase the country's problem.  Nice to see Spain getting tough - I was told by a local friend here that his brother and wife went out to the Supermarket in Barcelona only to be stopped and asked what they were doing by the police.  They were told that they were breaking the regulations as it only needed one person to shop and the guy was given a 600 Euro fine!  Now that's the way to clear the parks!  Stop dithering Boris and sort it like Angela and the Spanish and Italian PMs are doing.  Personally I will hate it, but hopefully will live as a result as will the rest of my friends and family.

Stay safe people!!!:155_couple_with_heart:

Edited by SchalkeUK