talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

That said, Canada is not very densely populated. Outside of Toronto, there's no city in the country that really has tons of people walking around like New York (even that isn't comparable). Montreal I'm not too sure on, and Vancouver gave me Auckland vibes for the few hours I was there. There are a few other cities here and there but there's no major hubs except for southern Ontario really. I can kind of see why they would try to save some money. It's not as big a risk as somewhere like Europe or the USA.

That doesn't make anything I said in my last post any less true though.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, nudge said:

Germany having more cases than Italy, too. Is that right? 

Hoping UK stays under Italy's trajectory so we can get rid of the '2 weeks behind them' saying, especially with our lockdown. Just need people to not be or act like dickheads and think they're better than anyone else. 

25 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Mike Ashley refusing to close SportsDirect stores. 

The blokes a compete arsehole... they are trying to say they are at the forefront of peoples fitness at home and why they need to stay open.. totally non essential as far as I am concerned, I can understand why that bloke is so hated... 

• Administrator

Government rules seems to have changed about working/working from home/key workers since the announcement was made. Seem to be mixed messages and confusion about who can/should work or not. 

A family friend has a daughter with severe learning difficulties and after reading into things if she goes into hospital and needs a ventilator she’ll only be given one if an able bodied/minded person doesn’t need it.

• Administrator

This is so sad :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52014023

Spanish soldiers helping to fight the coronavirus pandemic have found elderly patients in retirement homes abandoned and, in some cases, dead in their beds, the defence ministry has said.

Spanish prosecutors said an investigation had been launched.

The military has been brought in to help disinfect care homes in Spain, one of Europe's worst hit countries.

Meanwhile, an ice rink in Madrid is to be used as a temporary mortuary for Covid-19 victims, officials said.

On Monday Spain recorded its highest daily death toll - 462 - bringing the total to 2,182.

Spanish Defence Minister Margarita Robles told the private TV channel Telecinco that the government was "going to be strict and inflexible when dealing with the way older people are treated" in retirement homes.

14 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Booooooooo Europe. Yaaaaaaay sovereignty.

I saw they fined italy for state intervention and they plan to fine us for our state aid to prop up businesses, if true they can fuck off! 

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

A family friend has a daughter with severe learning difficulties and after reading into things if she goes into hospital and needs a ventilator she’ll only be given one if an able bodied/minded person doesn’t need it.

I posted this a few days back, it’s going to be harsh brutal decisions I’m afraid. 

137 in Bosnia at the moment, most of the cases where from a few cities where people gathered for company meetings. One person died who had several problems before Corona, and two recovered. The country has a police hour from 18pm until 5am. Public transport doesn't work, bit centers don't work and shops are closing at 16:30h. Everythings apart food shops and pharmacies is closed. I am working from home since yesterday.

56 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I saw they fined italy for state intervention and they plan to fine us for our state aid to prop up businesses, if true they can fuck off! 

I posted this a few days back, it’s going to be harsh brutal decisions I’m afraid. 

Yeah been aware of doctors having to choose who lives and who doesn’t for a while, it’s sad for the family