talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

As mentioned, I had to go up the chemist and pick up my asthma pumps, I said to the receptionists you had no driver to deliver because he has the virus according to my doctor's surgery and I had to pick the prescription up myself, she said no, our driver has COPD so he had to stay indoors for 12 weeks, I said I have COPD? she just looked at me and shrugged her shoulders with a funny look on her face.  O.o 

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

Sports Direct makes complete u-turn and closes after the massive backlash.

They genuinely sent a letter yesterday to government asking to keep stores open. Pathetic they even asked xD

1 minute ago, Stan said:

They genuinely sent a letter yesterday to government asking to keep stores open. Pathetic they even asked xD

Same as our spot. Actually trying to argue that stationary is essential. I dont know why the post office is even open, nobody is allowed to send anything really are they? A letter is not essential, neither are ASOS returns ffs.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Same as our spot. Actually trying to argue that stationary is essential. I dont know why the post office is even open, nobody is allowed to send anything really are they? A letter is not essential, neither are ASOS returns ffs.

A lot of people still use post offices for cash handling as there is less and less banks around these days. I know if I wanted to go my bank it's a 20 mile journey or my nearest post office is less than half a mile away.

I sold an exercise bike yesterday and I'll be putting the cash in my bank via the post office.

Just now, Rab said:

A lot of people still use post offices for cash handling as there is less and less banks around these days. I know if I wanted to go my bank it's a 20 mile journey or my nearest post office is less than half a mile away.

I sold an exercise bike yesterday and I'll be putting the cash in my bank via the post office.

There are plenty of banks around here for that. No doubt we will stay open, but its nevertheless frustrating that im having to put myself at risk when i have a diabetic mother at home.

Just now, Rick said:

There are plenty of banks around here for that. No doubt we will stay open, but its nevertheless frustrating that im having to put myself at risk when i have a diabetic mother at home.

I'd say its your employer putting you at risk tbh.

They should be temporarily replacing you with someone who isn't high risk.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I have no problem with this to be fair. It doesn't exactly scream competence but at least he's willing to admit he made a slight mistake.

I don't like him but I don't think that is incompetence. Everything is being rushed so much he just got his facts a bit wrong.

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

But the country needs Sudoku right now!

I like Sudoku. :(

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Sports Direct makes complete u-turn and closes after the massive backlash.

Not surprised. Mike Ashley really is an utter wankstain isn't he? 

Also, it's interesting to see which shops and chains are the typical 'money at all costs and fuck everyone else' cunts as well. Sports Direct being essential my fucking arse. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I like Sudoku. :(

Not surprised. Mike Ashley really is an utter wankstain isn't he? 

Also, it's interesting to see which shops and chains are the typical 'money at all costs and fuck everyone else' cunts as well. Sports Direct being essential my fucking arse. 

Profit over people. Psychopath.

24 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Until he says that himself 

To be fair a lot of people who don't like him say he can do no right and to those who do he can do no wrong. Although I think if you were to look at it on a whole he has done more bad than good. In my opinion he is clearly a very bad person overall. 

@Harvsky I'm asking you this because you seem to be this most knowledgable. My auntie seems to think it's ok to hate the Chinese at the moment.  Maybe you can hate their government and some of the people involved in the outbreak. Although it is unfair and very racist to hate all Chinese. Although when the outbreak started the people who were selling the contaminated food wouldn't have known it was contaminated. As far as I'm aware bats weren't actually involved. There has been critism of them rating bats but they have eaten it for years I'm assuming without issues?  I mean someone in England could have caught some fish not known it was contaminated and then sold it and caused a worldwide pandemic. Could have quite easily started in any country really. What are the Chinese laws on food safety compared to Britain?

31 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Harvsky I'm asking you this because you seem to be this most knowledgable. My auntie seems to think it's ok to hate the Chinese at the moment.  Maybe you can hate their government and some of the people involved in the outbreak. Although it is unfair and very racist to hate all Chinese. Although when the outbreak started the people who were selling the contaminated food wouldn't have known it was contaminated. As far as I'm aware bats weren't actually involved. There has been critism of them rating bats but they have eaten it for years I'm assuming without issues?  I mean someone in England could have caught some fish not known it was contaminated and then sold it and caused a worldwide pandemic. Could have quite easily started in any country really. What are the Chinese laws on food safety compared to Britain?

Eating bats in China happens in rural places, but not so much in places like Wuhan (which is a pretty big city). But bats do live around Wuhan. But their food safety regulations are pretty much non existent compared to EU food safety regulations which the UK’s still following for the time being.

I think officials in Wuhan ruled out the disease coming from their live animal markers, but who knows. Maybe it came from someone eating a bat or a pangolin, maybe one of the bats around Wuhan bit someone.

Hating Chinese people for this though is 100% racist. You can hate their government for hiding it for a month, or not shutting China down faster... but I think Western governments not taking this seriously until they were dealing with it are just as good targets for our blame.

Governments all around the world come off as pretty shit in the wake of this

• Subscriber

So we are going to be in official lockdown for 21 days starting from midnight today. All essentials will be open for 3 hrs in the state I am in during the day and for everything else you're just going to have to wait (not like you can't anyways). Medical services are on standby and the PM has asked everyone to take what we did on Sunday and extend it now. I think its for the best honestly but a lot of people are going to be running into trouble at the end of this week if they don't get access to essentials. Only time will tell if this works or not.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Eating bats in China happens in rural places, but not so much in places like Wuhan (which is a pretty big city). But bats do live around Wuhan. But their food safety regulations are pretty much non existent compared to EU food safety regulations which the UK’s still following for the time being.

I think officials in Wuhan ruled out the disease coming from their live animal markers, but who knows. Maybe it came from someone eating a bat or a pangolin, maybe one of the bats around Wuhan bit someone.

Hating Chinese people for this though is 100% racist. You can hate their government for hiding it for a month, or not shutting China down faster... but I think Western governments not taking this seriously until they were dealing with it are just as good targets for our blame.

Governments all around the world come off as pretty shit in the wake of this

I never actually realised she was so racist. The scary thing is she use to be a teacher. If I found out a teacher had an attitude like that I wouldn't want them teaching my kids. I think it's very important teachers treat pupils equal which I'm not sure they can with attitudes like that. What are you thoughts @RandoEFC

• Administrator

India goes in to full lockdown for 21 days. No-one allowed to leave their homes.

13 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Think of all the poor Malaysian, Japanese, Koreans and others who look like Chinese and will face a lot of racism.

Is this indirectly racist too xD 

• Upvote 1