talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

Just now, Rick said:

You actually said you were raising it for discussion,  weighing up the "pro's & cons" so dont try and back track. You even argued points FOR it.

And you said you were still going to the gym TWO DAYS after the lockdown started.

You're in a different country you spoon. 

And talking about something and believing fully in the merits of, and opposing the alternative, are very very very different. You're so fucking dense light must bend around you.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're in a different country you spoon. 

And talking about something and believing fully in the merits of, and opposing the alternative, are very very very different. You're so fucking dense light must bend around you.

Did I once say that you "fully believed" in letting the elderly die? No, I said that you were open to it. Somebody who is weighing the pros and cons of anything is obviously open to both sides.

Also, you literally said in your post that the lockdown had started two days ago and that you already hated it. Then you said that you were still going to your local small gym with a few other regulars. Or did you forget saying that?

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

Did I once say that you "fully believed" in letting the elderly die? No, I said that you were open to it. Somebody who is weighing the pros and cons of anything is obviously open to both sides.

Also, you literally said in your post that the lockdown had started two days ago and that you already hated it. Then you said that you were still going to your local small gym with a few other regulars. Or did you forget saying that?

We're still not technically in lockdown. Gyms are closed though. I did use the term lockdown to describe the social isolation measures of the time. you get a pass on that one. 

The gym I use is a warehouse with no, dumbells, machines ect. Just bars, racks, kettlebells and the good stuff. You must detol down whatever you used, and it's 10 people max per session in accordance with outdoor laws People who needed the gym to continue their pro athletic pursuits can still use it, even to this day, though I haven't since last Wednesday I think it was. 

You're underestimating the damage to the human body not walking for even just 2 weeks can do (because you're not educated on the fact) or the depression.
You think it's just meatheads and parkrunners being stubborn. There's a very good reason the government has allowed it and I'm glad you're as far away from in charge as possible

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

It's a shame you couldnt reply like that off the bat instead of the shithouse insults. I brought up valid points, you called me a window licker and dense. Classy

Can't be arsed continuing with this discussion, because there clearly isnt one. If people arent willing to sacrifice a little outdoor exercise for up to one month to see what effect it has then I have nothing to say to them. People are not seeing their families and friends through all these lockdowns, if they can manage that then Bob who goes running can do without it for a little bit.

• Upvote 2

Come on Gents keep it civil.

7 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Maybe my mood is low because I'm not exercising a quarter as much as I was.

I'm in the same boat with the gym being closed. It was my major fitness outlet, and with the office closure and no morning commute I've also dropped from about 8000 steps a day walking baseline to 1000. It isn't good. I'm still figuring out what to do about it.

Have you considered making any purchases to cover the gap in gym closures? If you have space for it in your house you could buy something second hand that you can onsell later for basically the price you bought it... A decent hedging strategy against some of the current measures being more prolonged than we'd hope.

Now it's closer to home - The young nurse who is a Cancer Nurse at a local hospital and who lives in the Apartment below has gone down with it so we are being extra careful at the moment and leaving her groceries outside her door when she is short.  She is fit and reasonably well and getting over the thing - probably 2 or 3 more days, but she regrets that she cannot work but also she was unable to be tested before she found out what had happened.  as they often say - it's coming to a place near you!!!! All take care.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm starting to get to breaking point now. No contact with people for two weeks not sure how much more I can do it. :(

Sorry to hear that :( Hang in there! It's only a temporary situation - is there anyone you can reach out to online if not physically or in person i.e. friends or family? 

How about neighbours? 

32 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm starting to get to breaking point now. No contact with people for two weeks not sure how much more I can do it. :(

Talking to folks on line is never the same as face to face, but there are lots of daft threads on here which will keep your mind slightly(?) active.  I'm sure the one which CaaC and I are presently keeping going on the Music section will give you a chance to 'shine' with your own knowledge of your own fav music.  Come on over - the water's OK!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Keep yourself busy and use the time to learn something new to use in the future. Communicate with your friends online, it´s not the same but better than nothing. Go out for a walk. 

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@nudge has already mentioned it but get yourself out for a bit of fresh air for an hour or so, early mornings are best if you want to avoid people but as long as you keep a sensible distance from others it should be fine, boring though it is I consider myself lucky in that regard, I am just as happy being on my own for long periods as I am having a house full.. not the same for some though I appreciate

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Please , Please, Please do not allow yourself to use the word 'Stress'

Older friends will tell you that it was used in Physics to explain what happened when you heated and bent metals and these days it is used purely as an excuse by people when they cant be bothered to do something.  We all get a little anxious or worried at times, but 'stress' and the use of the word makes it sound and, to many, makes it feel worse.  The fact we are here, mainly well and mostly trying to beat this thing is proof that so-called 'stress' is a myth which exists to deny happiness and contentment.  As I posted elsewhere and as Vera sang in the 40's 'There'll come another day'.  Take care and enjoy each day!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Please , Please, Please do not allow yourself to use the word 'Stress'

Older friends will tell you that it was used in Physics to explain what happened when you heated and bent metals and these days it is used purely as an excuse by people when they cant be bothered to do something.  We all get a little anxious or worried at times, but 'stress' and the use of the word makes it sound and, to many, makes it feel worse.  The fact we are here, mainly well and mostly trying to beat this thing is proof that so-called 'stress' is a myth which exists to deny happiness and contentment.  As I posted elsewhere and as Vera sang in the 40's 'There'll come another day'.  Take care and enjoy each day!

From Google - 

Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension. It can come from any event or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry, or nervous. Stress is your body's reaction to a challenge or demand. In short bursts, stress can be positive, such as when it helps you avoid danger or meet a deadline

I do worry when the Government still can't answer a simple direct question from the press... Gove was just asked why it was that Germany are able to test 70,000 people a day and yet over here we are only managing roughly 10,000 and after bouncing it between 3 of them not one of them actually had an answer to that question and avoided it altogether.. this was despite just saying earlier that the NHS was in a strong position... I do hate politics and politicians art of ducking a direct question by dragging the conversation all round the houses until the point has been lost... 

Hans Selye invented the word stress in respect of the mental condition when he was a kid studying in Hungary and it has been abused as a word since then - but it is less than 100 years old in that respect.  It was never meant to be that and if you are fed-up or had enough of something then you get out of it by mis-using the word stress as an excuse.  If you do not accept that you should spend some time with modern kids in school and just listen to the excuses why their work - including homework - has not been completed.  They seem to feel that 'I was too stressed to do it' covers all!

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I do worry when the Government still can't answer a simple direct question from the press... Gove was just asked why it was that Germany are able to test 70,000 people a day and yet over here we are only managing roughly 10,000 and after bouncing it between 3 of them not one of them actually had an answer to that question and avoided it altogether.. this was despite just saying earlier that the NHS was in a strong position... I do hate politics and politicians art of ducking a direct question by dragging the conversation all round the houses until the point has been lost... 

Some journalists need to be a bit persistent in this scenario too. I know they're on time limits but push them a bit more instead of just accepting any old answer. 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Gove finds it difficult to answer any questions without changing the subject or - in his normal way - just lying to get out of any positive or correct answers. Mind you, he's always been like that so at least he is consistent.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Some journalists need to be a bit persistent in this scenario too. I know they're on time limits but push them a bit more instead of just accepting any old answer. 

If they used their brains a bit and each one asked the question before that was not answered they would be pressured into giving an answer but because each set of journalists has their own different set of questions they only get one shot and if it's not answered then tough shit on us.. 

3 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Gove finds it difficult to answer any questions without changing the subject or - in his normal way - just lying to get out of any positive or correct answers. Mind you, he's always been like that so at least he is consistent.

The Mr Bean of politics...