talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Keep your borders closed with Brazil and Chile. Don't let Peruvians into the country. Do that and you'll be OK.

Bet Canada wished they did that too :ph34r:

*This is a joke, don't take it personally. 

• Subscriber

20200605_144542.thumb.jpg.2af7eaa7317ba3ac0d92e518eaaa8441.jpg

Pretty concerning update on R value across England. Possible at or over 1 in some places and close elsewhere including London where it was previously thought to be between 0.4 and 0.7 but is now in the region of 0.95

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

20200605_144542.thumb.jpg.2af7eaa7317ba3ac0d92e518eaaa8441.jpg

Pretty concerning update on R value across England. Possible at or over 1 in some places and close elsewhere including London where it was previously thought to be between 0.4 and 0.7 but is now in the region of 0.95

I have a feeling it was never really below 0.4-0.7 in London. Almost feels too real too soon for it to be that low after how April and some of May went.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I have a feeling it was never really below 0.4-0.7 in London. Almost feels too real too soon for it to be that low after how April and some of May went.

Hospital admissions were falling in London before the end of April I'm pretty sure. There was certainly a decent consensus a couple of weeks ago that London had gone through the worst of it while some areas around the rest of the country were only just hitting the peak.

I doubt the R value has jumped from 0.4 to 0.95. It's probably more the case that it was actually around 0.65 or 0.7 and now its back up to 0.85 or 0.9. I hope at least.

Finally the bunch of incompetents have exceeded their idiocy in trying to sort out what to do about the virus.  Having dithered and dallied about the PPE for the most vulnerabl;e they left the face mask argument open to all to decide for themselves outside hospitals and - eventually - care homes.  the fact that most advice i9s for proper masks and that the cotton crazy ones let through every minute little virus that is coughed out is of no use normally anyway, but now we have over a week to spread everything on Public Transport without having to use masks and then they will be useful as by mid June we will be   ....  you tell me why!  Oh and today from the 15th June we will have to wear them in hospitals as there is no need to do so for the next few days.  Not sure which idiots  thought this policy up!  If it will be necessary from June 15 why wasn't it necessary at the outbreak and during the worst part of the infection spreading all over!

Next week if you wish to bathe in the sea please remove all your clothes because the cotton fabric might have virus on it and it could make the water infectious.  Can't wait for the July advice:rofl:

Have a nice day

Some interesting developments on the work front regarding furloughed staff

This week all of our furloughed staff had a call from the NHS to go through a checklist before deciding if they were fit to return to the workplace and despite the company telling them all that they would receive at least a full shifts notice before being asked to return they are now being rushed back with only 48 hours notice or less?? Even stranger is that I have spoken to my boss who was furloughed due to being high risk ( Asthma ) he was advised by the NHS that he should remain off work for at least another 2 weeks and yet work have asked him to return as well??  

I have just read the latest weekly bulletin from our CEO and all becomes a bit clearer. In it they have covered the fact that anyone travelling back into the UK must quarantine for 14 days and under no circumstances must they attend work, Given that pretty much everyone's holiday plans were flushed down the toilet we are now starting to get airports and travel out being opened back up, Given that a very large percentage of our staff are Polish/Lithuanian there is going to be a big rush to get holidays in during the remaining part of the year. 

Some places abroad are still putting people in quarantine for 14 days like Poland for example and if you include the return quarantine time that's potentially 28 days out of the business at any one time and that does not actually include the holiday booked. not really sure how all that's going to work for people to be honest?? I can see why the company are now trying to rush people back with all this looming.. The last 6 months of this year are going to be chaotic from a staffing point of view.. It was ok in the beginning of the year because sales dropped significantly but now they are picking up again it's going to be tough going... 

Not really happy that they might be putting high risk members of staff under pressure to return if it goes against medical advice though.. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Given that a very large percentage of our staff are Polish/Lithuanian

:o Didn't know that. I will only converse with you in Lithuanian from now on... 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.b22baedca1c72790c18c58e5ef64e631.png

Coronavirus: This is not the last pandemic

1161351790_download(2).thumb.png.51c5ebae20450841abf3589533258442.png

We have created "a perfect storm" for diseases from wildlife to spill over into humans and spread quickly around the world, scientists warn.

Human encroachment on the natural world speeds up that process.

This outlook comes from global health experts who study how and where new diseases emerge.

As part of that effort, they have now developed a pattern-recognition system to predict which wildlife diseases pose the most risk to humans.

This approach is led by scientists at the University of Liverpool, UK, but it is part of a global effort to develop ways to prepare better for future outbreaks.

1788818757_download(3).thumb.png.8990a1b71bd9c1c6f5dcd9fe3fd80979.png

FULL REPORT

12 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

15914607880173.jpg

The beaches are back open in Italy then. The scenery around there looks very nice in the background, it has to be said.....

@Bluewolf

Spot on about the scenery mate.... I mean looking at those wicker type parasols has given me an idea for the garden this year, Obviously I don't have those lovely mountains to see each morning from my back door but a couple of those shaders could bring a bit of the exotic home to me you know... scatter a bit of sand around and bobs your uncle.. Might have to get the picture enlarged or even up on the wall in the garage for inspiration and all that, Appreciate the post mate.. Nice of you to think of me.. B|

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Harry said:

These protests will intensify the next wave of coronavirus throughout the US and others.

It doesn't matter in the UK mate, it's all under control and as long as we keep washing our hands while singing happy birthday, use hand sanitizer, wear masks(but only as of the 20th June) and stay alert, it'll be fine.

The protests are fine, everyone is stood 2 meters from each other. It doesn't matter that there are 1,000s of them in a small area, hand sanitizer is being handed out.

I don't know what you're worried about mate...

Edited by Carnivore Chris

39 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

It doesn't matter in the UK mate, it's all under control and as long as we keep washing our hands while singing happy birthday, use hand sanitizer, wear masks(but only as of the 20th June) and stay alert, it'll be fine.

The protests are fine, everyone is stood 2 meters from each other. It doesn't matter that there are 1,000s of them in a small area, hand sanitizer is being handed out.

I don't know what you're worried about mate...

I wouldn't worry at all mate.