talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, MUFC said:

6 can meet in a garden from today. Warmer day and the weekend will be hot.

Can anyone see cases going up again?

They may do, but perhaps at a slower rate than we've seen throughout the last 12 months.

The important thing isn't just case numbers like last year. Cases can go up but if the vaccine continues to prevent serious illness/hospitalisation and burden on NHS services, then I'd think it doesn't (technically) matter. And with vaccine numbers continuing to rise - I know supply is reducing over the next few weeks for some reason - hopefully cases continue to level out or better still, decrease. 

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

6 can meet in a garden from today. Warmer day and the weekend will be hot.

Can anyone see cases going up again?

Of course they will, because people were meeting anyway. Now it’ll be 12/20 in a garden getting boozed up and mixing. If people don’t think lockdown 3 will be here by Sep/Oct, they’re dreaming.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Of course they will, because people were meeting anyway. Now it’ll be 12/20 in a garden getting boozed up and mixing. If people don’t think lockdown 3 will be here by Sep/Oct, they’re dreaming.

There will be a 3rd lockdown, we kind of get told months in advanced. You just need to read between the lines. 

With warmer weather and people in flip flops. I really hope people have taken care of their during lockdown.

• Administrator

What a surprise. Barnard Castle will be producing 60m doses of COVID vaccine. As if it was ever in doubt that Dominic Cummings was there brokering a deal that clearly the finer details can't be made public. 

On 29/03/2021 at 04:47, DeadLinesman said:

If there will be a lockdown 3 by Sep/Oct, then what are the vaccines for? Genuine question.

@DeadLinesman I just did some research. The only way you'd go back into lockdown in September/October is if another mutation shows up, and it's vaccine resistant. Which is unlikely given how slow this thing mutates. If I were you, I would close all borders with Brazil though, Bolsonaro is doing nothing to stop the spread. The rest of South America barring Paraguay has closed Brazil off now.

13 minutes ago, Mpache said:

@DeadLinesman I just did some research. The only way you'd go back into lockdown in September/October is if another mutation shows up, and it's vaccine resistant. Which is unlikely given how slow this thing mutates. If I were you, I would close all borders with Brazil though, Bolsonaro is doing nothing to stop the spread. The rest of South America barring Paraguay has closed Brazil off now.

Depends how many under 50’s actually take the vaccine I reckon. All you need is one mutation, as string of ICU admissions at you’re at a critical point again. Especially in a country as densely populated as the UK.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Depends how many under 50’s actually take the vaccine I reckon. All you need is one mutation, as string of ICU admissions at you’re at a critical point again. Especially in a country as densely populated as the UK.

The only country that seems to have a wide array of Anti-vaxxers are Canada and USA. The idiots up here believe they are superior and vitamin D will prevent them getting the virus. Someone told me 94% of people in the UK so far have gotten the vaccine, and it's unlikely for the virus to mutate into something resistant off just one person who has it as this thing mutates slowly.

I would think more optimistically to be honest. From having more than 1600 deaths per day at one point to less than 140 isn't easy to accomplish and I think the lockdowns and vaccines have definitely helped.

48 minutes ago, Mpache said:

The only country that seems to have a wide array of Anti-vaxxers are Canada and USA. The idiots up here believe they are superior and vitamin D will prevent them getting the virus. Someone told me 94% of people in the UK so far have gotten the vaccine, and it's unlikely for the virus to mutate into something resistant off just one person who has it as this thing mutates slowly.

I would think more optimistically to be honest. From having more than 1600 deaths per day at one point to less than 140 isn't easy to accomplish and I think the lockdowns and vaccines have definitely helped.

The UK isn’t the problem as such, but the people. Trust me, we’re nowhere near 94% at present. Also, it’s the mutations from other countries arriving back in the UK which will be the issue once international travel inevitably opens back up. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mpache said:

That someone who told you needs to do better research. 

94% of the UK is approx 62m people. 

We've only vaccinated 31m (first dose) and 4m (2nd dose).

It's 93% of people aged 50+ in England who have had the vaccine... 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Mpache said:

A YouGov poll found 2% of UK are outright Anti-vax. Only Denmark of those polled was lower. 

The highest was France at 9%.

The US was 6%, lower than Germany at 7%.

In the same research 9% in the UK said they wouldn't take the vaccine. A whopping 38% of French and 37% of Poles said they wouldn't. The US stood at 27%, joint with Germany.

Other social research has linked poor vaccine uptake with low levels of trust in government and institutions. Of major Western nations the UK is a stand out in vaccine uptake and this is likely to do with the relationship the public have with the NHS.

Not sure if this has been discussed on any thread, but at the moment there is an argument concerning Covid/Vaccine passports.  Most of us 'wrinklies'  have gone through periods where we had to have Visas - I had one for Martial Law in Thailand in the 50's, a US Visa almost permanently and regularly renewed,  a Visa to visit Canada and China in the 90s and Russia in the 70's - a V Form to be allowed to take money on Holiday in the 60s and lots of Yellow Fever and other vaccine passports.  None of those were mandatory - you chose to have them to be able to do what you wanted or go where you wished to travel.  I now have a card confirming my 2 jabs and if necessary I am happy to use it to stop having to sign in or borrow a phone (I don't have one or want one) to be able to go out for a drink!  If I want to go to Greece there is a possibility that I might need something to prove that I have done as asked re the Virus, and that would be my choice - to go or not and therefore to do as asked.  You can persuade Boris and gang not to issue such a card/document but he does not make the rules in Greece, Spain, Portugal or anywhere else if we wish to go there. So make the offer of a document/passport/visa whatever type of thing available to all who want it and within their own jurisdiction/country make it obligatory - not mandatory.  Then those of us who have one and want one will be able to travel to the game in Germany when Angela decides that the nasty British Variant has to be addressed - in other words my and your choice.  Let's not let the 'Little Britainers' and the protective 'human rights' gangs dictate to us all - after all human rights in itself an expression of total choice.  The 70 or so MPs who are objecting to the idea are dictating to those who want the choice. If that is in line with 'human rights', then I am totally bewildered - again!

A second 'rave'  To all my friends from the different ethnic groups who are being challenged re the taking of the Vaccine -  most of those giving out the incorrect advice are probably from the Ultras or The KKK or whatever - their idea is that if they persuade as many coloured people to avoid the Vaccine they will simply get the virus and die and the problem will be solved - please, please stop listening to them!

Edited by SchalkeUK

On 20/03/2021 at 17:11, Gunnersauraus said:

How is the chinese economy doing now? My auntie(who is quite anti Chinese so I careful what I believe with her) has said that they are good now ecomanically wise. However I would imagine that their economy has still taken a massive hit and they are not where they would be if covid had not happened.

@SkyBruce Championship @Stan @RandoEFC @Dr. Gonzo @nudge can one of you clever cunts answer this.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@SkyBruce Championship @Stan @RandoEFC @Dr. Gonzo @nudge can one of you clever cunts answer this.

1146971044_ScreenShot2021-04-03at20_22_53.png.1d32a893ce965596a9890c31624c59f5.png

Their growth returned to a positive rate in the second quarter of 2020 (so from end of March to end of June their economy grew) and by the end of last year was pretty much back up to pre-Covid growth rate. Slight caveat that the source for this information could potentially be susceptible to pressure/manipulation by the Chinese government but in this instance I don't see any reason to doubt it and the BBC have seen fit to publish it.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Before the pandemic, they were projecting approx. 10% growth for 2020, but the actual one was only a bit over 2%. So it's still positive, but covid clearly had a huge impact as it was their weakest year in terms of growth since the 90s. I believe they are doing relatively fine now, think they are targeting 5% growth this year. 

Vietnam did best last year in Asia, with almost 3% growth. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

1146971044_ScreenShot2021-04-03at20_22_53.png.1d32a893ce965596a9890c31624c59f5.png

Their growth returned to a positive rate in the second quarter of 2020 (so from end of March to end of June their economy grew) and by the end of last year was pretty much back up to pre-Covid growth rate. Slight caveat that the source for this information could potentially be susceptible to pressure/manipulation by the Chinese government but in this instance I don't see any reason to doubt it and the BBC have seen fit to publish it.

So is that a good sign for the rest of the world that they have recovered so fast? Will other big economies be able to do the same ?

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Before the pandemic, they were projecting approx. 10% growth for 2020, but the actual one was only a bit over 2%. So it's still positive, but covid clearly had a huge impact as it was their weakest year in terms of growth since the 90s. I believe they are doing relatively fine now, think they are targeting 5% growth this year. 

Vietnam did best last year in Asia, with almost 3% growth. 

So is this any reason to dislike the Chinese? My auntie is quite racist towards them. Or is it just that they have recovered well?