talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The cut of age in Aus looks like it will be 50. The ineffective vaccine to a not exactly deadly virus, that gives you blood clots. 

My toe is sore, I'll just bash it with a hammer.  

Actually UK decision is based on number of those who are healthy and end up in ICU versus number who will get a blood clot who are healthy. At 30-40 age groups the rate of healthy people ending up in ICU is higher than blood clot. At 20-30 it is the other way around. At 40-50 healthy people in ICU is a lot greater than blood clot risk.

• Subscriber

The wife started to go on about this blood clot news, looked and seen she was reading shite from her Facebook page, I told her many a time to stop listening to comments on there as 95% of the shite posted there was just that...SHITE!!!!

We are still waiting on news about our second jab and that won't stop me or the wife from getting the Oxford one.

Edited by CaaC (John)

17 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The cut of age in Aus looks like it will be 50. The ineffective vaccine to a not exactly deadly virus, that gives you blood clots. 

My toe is sore, I'll just bash it with a hammer.  

Mat I will be surprised if 50 people fet the vaccine in austrlia. we know about two, scunto and albo. 48 more mate, what is your luck ?

i got my first dose if pfizer today. i dunno what the usa is doing behind scenes but they are going hard on the vaccines

I thought this was a pretty interesting video - especially considering it was one of the hardest hit countries early on... and the reality of the situation in Iran is it's not really gotten better, like other places around the world have.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Why isn't India on the red list for UK travel?Surely the government aren't going to fuck everything good about the vaccine roll out?

In New Zealand anyone who enters must be housed in a managed quarantine centre for 14 days. In 4 weeks UK borders open, tens of thousands will move in and out everyday. Variants are coming on a scale which I doubt anyone believes our current surge testing can cope with. It's a game the vaccine holds out.

• Subscriber

What's the deal with this scary-sounding Indian "double mutation"? It sounds pretty concerning and there's some rumblings about it dodging its way around some of the currently available vaccines. Now I don't doubt that (hopefully) the worst case scenario is that a few tweaks to the vaccines will be needed and we'll all need boosters but it does threaten the exit strategy of the UK and US and other major European countries not long after, so in the short term, potentially a game changer. This thread is usually more informative than the news and social media so @nudge, you're up.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

What's the deal with this scary-sounding Indian "double mutation"? It sounds pretty concerning and there's some rumblings about it dodging its way around some of the currently available vaccines. Now I don't doubt that (hopefully) the worst case scenario is that a few tweaks to the vaccines will be needed and we'll all need boosters but it does threaten the exit strategy of the UK and US and other major European countries not long after, so in the short term, potentially a game changer. This thread is usually more informative than the news and social media so @nudge, you're up.

Frankly, I see it as yet another example of sensationalist media reporting, first and foremost... "double mutant" sounds scary for sure, but it's not particularly unusual, and there are probably hundreds of similar other variants circulating unnoticed already. This particular variant has been sequenced in India last year already, has been found in numerous countries, might be more contagious, but so far, there is no evidence of it being able to successfully bypass T-cell immunity or evade antibodies, nor is there anything to suggest that it is more deadly or causes more severe disease. So in short, basically the answer is "there's not enough data", as usual. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

@nudge how fast would they probably be able to develop a vaccine for the new strain? Is it like flu where they are able to develop a new one every year very quickly?

mRNA vaccines (so Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna) are easy to modify, so any tweaks that would be required for any hypothetical new strain should not take long at all. It would be more complicated with the other ones that use different approach (adenovirus vector, weakened virus, etc.). 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Harry said:

Really good characterisation of the blood clot risk by our chief health Officer.

You don't get VIIT from long-haul flights, so it's misleading and I'd expect better from a chief health officer, even if the intentions are good. 

Reports:

The Prime Minister did say he would rather see 'bodies pile high in their thousands' than order a third lockdown.

"I am told he shouted it in his study just after he agreed to the second lockdown in a rage. The doors were allegedly open and supposedly a number of people heard"

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Harry said:

Reports:

The Prime Minister did say he would rather see 'bodies pile high in their thousands' than order a third lockdown.

"I am told he shouted it in his study just after he agreed to the second lockdown in a rage. The doors were allegedly open and supposedly a number of people heard"

Someone is going for Boris Johnson's throat. The quote is sickening but it doesn't teach us anything about the man that we didn't know. Every time you sort of forget about it you get reminded just how dark a point the UK is currently living through in our history with this incompetent and amoral man child elevated to our highest office. Whether it's these latest scandals that bring him down or something else, history won't look kindly upon him or the UK for allowing him and his cabal to be in charge.

• Subscriber

The nurse who gave me and the wife our second jabs said we would get a few symptoms like the flu as it takes around 2 weeks to work through our system, well, the symptoms we were having was aching all over, especially arms and legs and me with my sciatica it was a wee bit annoying plus sleeping on and off. 

But we don't feel too bad now and the aching all over has stopped except for my sciatica which I have got accustomed to over the years and just push the aches at the back of my mind but I am curious about this booster bit as we have our flu jabs every year around Oct/Nov, why would we need another booster? saying that if they say it pays to get one (booster) then we would get one and not be put off.

Saying all that I have told the wife to stop reading and believing all the bull shit that is being posted on Facebook how the jab has bad effects on some people bla, bla, bla, some of the shite that is posted in there is unbelievable. :coffee:

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

But we don't feel too bad now and the aching all over has stopped except for my sciatica which I have got accustomed to over the years and just push the aches at the back of my mind but I am curious about this booster bit as we have our flu jabs every year around Oct/Nov, why would we need another booster? saying that if they say it pays to get one (booster) then we would get one and not be put off.

The flu jab is different to the COVID one. Bear in mind this COVID one is effectively brand new and the longevity of the vaccine is perhaps still in question. The flu jab you get every year is a booster too so that it acts against any new strains. The COVID one will probably be the same. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Stan said:

The flu jab is different to the COVID one. Bear in mind this COVID one is effectively brand new and the longevity of the vaccine is perhaps still in question. The flu jab you get every year is a booster too so that it acts against any new strains. The COVID one will probably be the same. 

Isn't the COVID vaccine the first mRNA vaccine (well most of them, the one jab ones aren't)? I'm not so sure the flu jab is really a booster in the same sense the mRNA vaccine boosters are.

But your rationale is the same - the boosters would give your immune system the ability to recognise any new variants and mutations that have come out and teach your immune system how to beat the virus if you get infected by any of those strains.

I think the flu jabs just cover the likely flu variants that are going around that year. I always get deathly ill after a flu vaccine. With the Moderna vaccine, the first jab had 0 effect on me... and the second jab just hurt my arm and I had a headache and was tired for about a day and a half.

• Upvote 1