talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

Today's update from China:

7736 confirmed cases (+1737 since yesterday) - 1370 of those in serious or critical condition (+261)
12167 suspected cases (+2928).
170 deaths (+38).
124 recoveries (+20).

Updated graph of international cases (100+ with new reports coming in):

n6eJyz3.png

10 hours ago, Azeem said:

Is it any true that corona is a result of China's bio warfare ? or it's just American propaganda 

If we apply Ockham's razor it looks to be bogus. Many people in contact with many different species of living animals (in turn also in contact between them) already makes a strong case for a zoonotic explanation, currents doubts about if it is a snake a bat or whatever notwithstanding.

23 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I've got a sniffle. Serves me right for mocking those with masks on, I'll let you know if I'm about to croak it.

Keep yourself warm as fuck mate - if it's coronavirus, heat (and alcohol) are supposed to kill of the virus. I'd say get drunk as fuck too, but I'm not sure it's good health for your health to drink heavily while you've got a weakened immune system - even if alcohol is supposed to kill it off. Because that might weaken your immune system further and get you sick with something else.

41 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Pretty sure it’s just a cold, a bit run down.

The Tories are sending the British people from China to be be quarantined on the wirral. They really do want to wipe everyone out here don’t they.

Ah fuck, that's awful news. Fucking Tories.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Tbf, I think it's more to do with the world class facilities they have there, relating to infectious disease. Does make you wonder though.

I mean as a Wirral lad, who's family and loads of friends are back there... I'm obviously going to be biased against wanting people sick with a disease that's been killing people around the Wirral. But yeah, I'm sure it's got some sort of legitimate reason based on our medical facilities. Or at least I fucking hope it does.

I think with my granddad passing and my gran being old... me hearing this news has just given me something new to worry about in the back of my mind. At least until all of this blows over.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean as a Wirral lad, who's family and loads of friends are back there... I'm obviously going to be biased against wanting people sick with a disease that's been killing people around the Wirral. But yeah, I'm sure it's got some sort of legitimate reason based on our medical facilities. Or at least I fucking hope it does. 

I think with my granddad passing and my gran being old... me hearing this news has just given me something new to worry about in the back of my mind. At least until all of this blows over.

A mate of mine works there. I'm sure it will all be fine.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

The UK is not the only country doing this though. Americans already brought a plane full of evacuees back (health-checked in Alaska and now quarantined in California); Australians are bringing theirs and putting them into a 14 day quarantine on Christmas Island; Japanese brought one chartered plane back yesterday (twelve of them were hospitalised and three of them are now confirmed to be infected while two others refused to undergo any tests(!)) and one more today (13 pax hospitalised) while France, Canada and a few other countries are planning to do the same as soon as they get approval from China. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

May I recommend this look:

HhqCfusGg-ZURY2jHnt3Pi8Flp2OsTzDLyj1d4yR

I'm partly serious tbh. 4 confirmed and 9 suspected cases in my city. The two biggest Chinese community suburbs in Australia that I pass through each day on the subway, which have both had cases, and I already have a P2 mask in my bag (which my work were giving out from the bushfire smoke)? Do I put it on and be the only white guy doing it or run a risk I contract something and my kids get it from me?

I couldn't give a shit whether I catch it or not but the thought my kids could is terrifying. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Harry said:

I'm mosstly serious tbh. 4 confirmed and 9 suspected cases in my city. The two biggest Chinese community suburbs in Australia that I pass through each day on the subway, and I already have a P2 mask in my bag (which my work were giving out from the bushfire smoke)? Do I put it on and be the only white guy doing it or run a risk I contract something and my kids get it from me?

Do it; who cares if you're the only white guy doing it or not...Better safe than sorry :what:

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

First reports of a person to person spread in the US just now.

WHO said there are 8 recorded cases of human to human transmission in 4 countries outside China - namely the Vietnam, Germany, Japan and the US. I believe there's one reported in South Korea today too.

Italy is the first country to close all incoming and outgoing air traffic to China after two confirmed cases in Rome.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I'm partly serious tbh. 4 confirmed and 9 suspected cases in my city. The two biggest Chinese community suburbs in Australia that I pass through each day on the subway, which have both had cases, and I already have a P2 mask in my bag (which my work were giving out from the bushfire smoke)? Do I put it on and be the only white guy doing it or run a risk I contract something and my kids get it from me?

I couldn't give a shit whether I catch it or not but the thought my kids could is terrifying. 

If you think it'll help you not get infected and you're legitimately worried, go for it - who cares if you're the only white guy doing it? Better than getting ill with something that might kill you or your family.

• Subscriber

Latest update from China:

9720 confirmed cases (+1984 since yesterday) - 1,527 of those in serious or critical condition (+157).
15238 suspected cases (+3071).
213 deaths (+43).
171 recoveries (+47).

19 countries outside China affected + Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, nudge said:

Latest update from China:

9720 confirmed cases (+1984 since yesterday) - 1,527 of those in serious or critical condition (+157).
15238 suspected cases (+3071).
213 deaths (+43).
171 recoveries (+47).

19 countries outside China affected + Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.

Is there a downturn in deaths compared to an upturn in recoveries? 

I say that and then realise we're about to hit 10k confirmed cases. Scary shit. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Batard said:

I think it's one of the few days in the last week where the number of recoveries was actually higher than the count of deaths. BUT at the same time the number of deaths has increased compared to previous days as well and that is somewhat worrying. All in all it's too early to tell and the sample is still too small to draw proper conclusions. Based on current official data, 1% of the patients have recovered and about 2% died, while 97% are still infected - and we have no idea what will happen to the rest of them i.e. we still have no idea about the actual fatality rate.  Another limitation is testing capacity; the number of both confirmed and suspected cases is growing but apparently the hospitals are only able to carry out only up to 4000 tests a day (and that's after ramping it up with the latest improvement in testing kits) so the real scope of it all is still unclear. Also 102427 (!) close contacts are currently under medical observation - that's huge and has pretty much doubled in a day or two. And what's also worrying is that the most of new cases are outside of the Hubei province indicating that it's continuing to spread outside of the main epicenter.

8 hours ago, Batard said:

I think the number is a bit inflated because of how overpopulated China's big cities are.

That doesn't make it any less scary, but I'm just saying.

• The title was changed to Deadly Virus Outbreak (Coronavirus) in China