talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

Another cruise ship (MS Westerdam/Holland America Line sailing under the Dutch flag) with 802 crew members and 1455 passengers on board is stuck in the middle of nowhere as its ports of call have been rejected by Japan, Philippines and Guam so far due to the fear of the further spread of the virus. The cruise ship was on a 14-day cruise of East Asia and had a stop at Hong Kong last week; it is said to carry at least one suspected case of coronavirus.

Meanwhile, due to several new cases of without any links to previous cases or travel history to mainland China, Singapore raised its Disease Outbreak Response System Condition (DORSCON) level to Orange from Yellow. Under DORSCON Orange, the virus is severe and spreads easily from person to person. However, there is no widespread transmission in Singapore and the virus is being contained.

• Subscriber

Latest update:

34598 confirmed cases (+3387 since yesterday) - 6101 of those in serious or critical condition (+1280).
27657 suspected cases (+1298).
723 deaths (+86).
2052 recoveries (+510).

345498 close contacts of the infected have been tracked (+31470); 189660 are under medical observation (+3615).

The general trends are still the same - there has been a somewhat significant increase in patients in serious/critical condition  and deaths and also a significant increase in recoveries. 

The total of international cases (including Hongkong, Taiwan and Macau) has risen to 332 (+12). New confirmed cases in Japan and Singapore (3 each), UAE and Hongkong (2 each), Germany and Malaysia (1 each).

eKhMoG4.png

UkbwPRO.png

rcLwKmI.png

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, nudge said:

Another cruise ship (MS Westerdam/Holland America Line sailing under the Dutch flag) with 802 crew members and 1455 passengers on board is stuck in the middle of nowhere as its ports of call have been rejected by Japan, Philippines and Guam so far due to the fear of the further spread of the virus. The cruise ship was on a 14-day cruise of East Asia and had a stop at Hong Kong last week; it is said to carry at least one suspected case of coronavirus.

Meanwhile, due to several new cases of without any links to previous cases or travel history to mainland China, Singapore raised its Disease Outbreak Response System Condition (DORSCON) level to Orange from Yellow. Under DORSCON Orange, the virus is severe and spreads easily from person to person. However, there is no widespread transmission in Singapore and the virus is being contained.

Got to say that must be terrifying, stuck on a ship with nowhere to go, knowing this illness is on board. Poor bastards.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Got to say that must be terrifying, stuck on a ship with nowhere to go, knowing this illness is on board. Poor bastards.

Yeah, it turned out to be not quite a cruise they hoped for... :7_sweat_smile: horrible really. There might be more ships like that too. If they can't find a port that would accept them then the only solution is going to the country the ship belongs to (or rather sails under the flag of), I think they have to let them in as per law. That's quite a journey though, in this case from East Asia to the Netherlands with potentially sick people on board.

• Subscriber

Latest update:

37251 confirmed cases (+2653 since yesterday) - 6188 of those in serious or critical condition (+87).
28942 suspected cases (+1285).
812 deaths (+89).
2651 recoveries (+599).

The total of international cases (including Hongkong, Taiwan and Macau) has risen to 355 (+23). New confirmed cases in Thailand and Singapore (7 each), France (5), South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and Malaysia (1 each).

No more details and graphs today as I'm drinking whisky. Good night.

• Upvote 3

On 08/02/2020 at 12:35, Eco said:

I enjoy your updates...I do...

But damn do they bring me down. 

Really? They actually bring me up. Because I've found most actual print journalism on this subject much more sensationalist and propogating a sense of panic.

I feel sorry for Chinese people at present. I'm seeing people look at them sit down on the subway and then some people get up and move. No contempt. Just "no offence I just don't want to get coronavirus so I'm playing the percentages". I think that owes alot to alarmist reporting.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Really? They actually bring me up. Because I've found most actual print journalism on this subject much more sensationalist and propogating a sense of panic.

I feel sorry for Chinese people at present. I'm seeing people look at them sit down on the subway and then some people get up and move. No contempt. Just "no offence I just don't want to get coronavirus so I'm playing the percentages". I think that owes alot to alarmist reporting.

On the Underground i've seen plenty of looks and comments when someone is wearing a face mask but I haven't noticed any reaction to someone who is of Chinese ethnicity and not wearing a face mask. 

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Shit’s getting serious.

CEE06F05-9EC6-492C-B7E8-F333D4D6203A.jpeg

Holy shit and the dog looks like its staring at something, petrified, it's like it knows something bigger is coming, or maybe it's just another dog (with or without a mask, we'll never know).

1 minute ago, Machado said:

Holy shit and the dog looks like its staring at something, petrified, it's like it knows something bigger is coming, or maybe it's just another dog (with or without a mask, we'll never know).

That's not a dog. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Machado said:

I think that's a cat xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Latest update:

Mainland China:

40171 confirmed cases (+2984 since yesterday) - 6484 of those in serious or critical condition (+296).
23589 suspected cases (-5353).
908 deaths (+96)
3283 recoveries (+632).

A total of 399487 close contacts have been traced, and 187518 of those are still in medical observation.

The total number of suspected cases has decreased significantly and the number of recoveries is increasing nicely. On the other hand, so is the number of deaths and patients in serious/critical condition. 

International:

The total of international cases (including Hongkong, Taiwan and Macau) has risen to 382(+27). New confirmed cases in Hongkong (10), Japan (7 in the quarantined ship in Yokohama), Singapore (3), South Korea (2), Taiwan, Malaysia, Vietnam, UK, Spain (1 each). The new case in Spain is a British tourist who's part of the cluster that originated from one single person - an unnamed British businessman who contracted the virus in Singapore, and is now known to have infected at least seven fellow Britons in a French ski resort, before returning home to Brighton and falling ill five days later. Those he infected include the fourth person to have contracted the disease in the UK today and patients in Spain and France, all of whom were believed to have been with the "super-spreader".

l6cMHIk.png

YCEmqkC.png

X0Jqrof.png

UbYDz1Y.png

d3qmjNt.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2