talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would you rather...Football Version

football forum

I saw a poll on twitter yesterday about this scenario...

You're a talented young player, but the only club offering you a contract is the biggest rival of the club you support. The options were I'd sign for them or I'd rather die, but that's a bit dramatic, so my question is would you sign for them or give up on your career as a footballer?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

You're a talented young player, but the only club offering you a contract is the biggest rival of the club you support. The options were I'd sign for them or I'd rather die, but that's a bit dramatic, so my question is would you sign for them or give up on your career as a footballer?

Sign for them, play for a while and then move, just take it as a job, don't even need to celebrate goals.

Would you rather be a starter for a 2nd division side (that is not the one you support) or be a bench warmer for a run of the mill first division team that is also not the one you support?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Sign for them.

You may not be there all the time as career can still progress.

• Administrator
Just now, Berserker said:

Would you rather be a starter for a 2nd division side (that is not the one you support) or be a bench warmer for run of the mill first division team that is also not the one you support?

A starter. Footballer's career is short so you'd want to play as much as possible. Later on you may get a move to a better club and be a regular. But that won't happen if you carry on sitting on the bench. 

Archived