talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Fourth Round Matches - 24-27th January, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

all matches 15.00 unless stated

Friday 24th January, 2020
Northampton vs Derby, 20.00 (Live on BT Sport 1)
QPR vs Sheff Weds, 20.00 (Live on BT Sport Extra)

Saturday 25th January, 2020
Brentford vs Leicester, 12.45 (Live on BBC)
Burnley vs Norwich
Coventry vs Birmingham
Hull vs Chelsea, 17.30 (Live on BT Sport 1)
Millwall vs Sheff Utd
Newcastle vs Oxford
Portsmouth vs Barnsley
Reading vs Cardiff
Southampton vs Tottenham
West Ham vs West Brom

Sunday 26th January, 2020
Man City vs Fulham, 13.00 (Live on BBC)
Tranmere vs Man Utd (Live on BT Sport 1)
Shrewsbury vs Liverpool, 17.00 (Live on BBC)

Monday 27th January, 2020
Bournemouth vs Arsenal, 20.00 (Live on BT Sport 1)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

That's good news for us that Brentford aren't as strong - was thinking that a weakened Leicester side might actually struggle but I'm not convinced we will now. We can't take Brentford too lightly. Admittedly the game's at a shit time for us, right before Villa and after a midweek PL game so we'll be changing more than is ideal but we're yet to lose a cup game this season, so we keep getting it right.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

@Danny

What's this squad like compared to others? 

C7BB69B5-B3D1-4163-BBD9-2AB13C5CB1A7.jpe

Depends, strongest squad there is

Daniels

Roerslev - Jeanvier - Pinnock - Henry

Dasilva - Norgaard - Mokotjo

Mbeumo - Marcondes - Halil/Valencia

We could go with a back 3, Racic at centre back, Marcondes in centre mid and one of Norgaard and Mokotjo out. All depends on how we want to line up against Forest on Tuesday. With that said the squad is missing Raya, Dalsgaard, Jansson, Jensen, Watkins and Benrahma and they're all first teamers so fairly weakened but still strong, more of a testament to our squad depth really

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Danny said:

Depends, strongest squad there is

Daniels

Roerslev - Jeanvier - Pinnock - Henry

Dasilva - Norgaard - Mokotjo

Mbeumo - Marcondes - Halil/Valencia

We could go with a back 3, Racic at centre back, Marcondes in centre mid and one of Norgaard and Mokotjo out. All depends on how we want to line up against Forest on Tuesday. With that said the squad is missing Raya, Dalsgaard, Jansson, Jensen, Watkins and Benrahma and they're all first teamers so fairly weakened but still strong, more of a testament to our squad depth really

I think we'll be heavily changed too with a markedly more important game on Tuesday, with no disrespect to you. 

Vardy definitely out. Think Soyuncu and Maddison won't play. 

Would probably see Morgan, Fuchs, Praet, Kelechi, Gray, Justin, Ward playing. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think we'll be heavily changed too with a markedly more important game on Tuesday, with no disrespect to you. 

Vardy definitely out. Think Soyuncu and Maddison won't play. 

Would probably see Morgan, Fuchs, Praet, Kelechi, Gray, Justin, Ward playing. 

Champions League qualification is more important for you, that’s normal. Same for us with promotion

• Administrator

Decent side from us. Plenty of experience in that side. 

Soyuncu, Perez, Iheanacho, Praet, Morgan, Fuchs. 

No slip ups please given Brentford's side too but need to be wary given early exits in past few seasons. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Decent side from us. Plenty of experience in that side. 

Soyuncu, Perez, Iheanacho, Praet, Morgan, Fuchs. 

No slip ups please given Brentford's side too but need to be wary given early exits in past few seasons. 

I’d expect you to win comfortably tbh, we’ve a few players like Marcondes, Valencia and Dervisoglu who have first team expectations but are yet to hit the ground running so they could provide a surprise but really it’s as close to our B Team as we can get without actually fielding our B Team

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’d expect you to win comfortably tbh, we’ve a few players like Marcondes, Valencia and Dervisoglu who have first team expectations but are yet to hit the ground running so they could provide a surprise but really it’s as close to our B Team as we can get without actually fielding our B Team

I know the squad was out yesterday but still surprised your best players aren't even on the bench, just incase. 

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know the squad was out yesterday but still surprised your best players aren't even on the bench, just incase. 

Beating Forest could be the difference between play offs and automatics, we’ve a history of fielding weak teams in cup competitions and it going wrong but I’m glad they’re being rested. This is just a novelty tie really, a good development game for our fringe players

Just now, Stan said:

Worried me for a few moments there. Especially Marcondes' shot! 

Marcondes has a lot of talent, but has struggled to show it since arriving. Capable of more than a lot of people watching today would be aware of, hopefully he can rise to the occasion

• The topic was unpinned

Archived