The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Fourth Round Matches - 24-27th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Played a B Team essentially and I still can’t watch an opposition player time waste without screaming at the Tele 😂

Good game overall, sloppy and slow at times but to be expected

You'd have beaten us if you played the first team tbf but can understand where the priorities are. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

You'd have beaten us if you played the first team tbf but can understand where the priorities are. 

Commentator was going on about if we had been a little more bold and played some more first team players...bold...we’re pushing for automatics 😂

• Administrator

Some interesting results. Oxford holding Newcastle to a draw is big for them. 

Saints and Spurs giving them an extra game when they'd have preferred not. 

West Ham losing with a fairly strong squad. Norwich beating Burnley. 

• Subscriber

That game was really weird, about ten minutes in I thought we were heading for another Peterborough of a couple of years ago which we won 1-5, looked like we could really rack a score up but it all just went a bit flat. The second half was a chore to be honest. It just seemed to come and go without anything really happening - don't think a draw would've been unfair in truth as Brentford did put a bit of pressure on us.

All in all, not a great game but we've gone through it without taking too much out of ourselves for the bigger game on Tuesday. That's basically everything I wanted.

Excellent away day on the whole as well. Really glad to finally get to Brentford - as stated before I was actually lining up their game in a fortnight against Middlesbrough as we have no game, to finally get it ticked off and sure enough we landed it in this draw, which is superb luck really. That was the last ground in the top two leagues that I hadn't been to. It is what it is - it's a bit of a dump but it's likeable. As usual our away end is better in the cup than it is in the league, seems to attract a more vocal crowd. Shame that it's going but glad that I finally ticked it off.

• Subscriber

Not seen any football today but things are getting really toxic at West Ham already. Beaten at home by their former manager, who they sacked, and is now managing in the division below, played a weakened side, had a man sent off and still won.

I still think Moyes finds a way to keep them up but that's a club that's absolutely lost direction. Not sure about the defensive half of their team but with their attacking talent they're massively underachieving.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

I would always fancy the top team or two in the Championship over the bottom few in the Premier League because they have confidence and a winning mentality. 

West Brom hadn't won in 6 league games and lost against a relegation-threatened Stoke at home on Monday night :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Dan said:

West Brom winning at West Ham was probably the least surprising 'upset' I can remember.

West Ham truly are a tough case. How do you fix them?

Not sure I agree. West Ham made 4 changes, West Brom made 8. Based on the team selection, I expected West Ham’s stronger side (in comparison to WBA’s) to edge it. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived