talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Fourth Round Matches - 24-27th January, 2020

football forum

Just now, Stan said:

Showing great respect to each other and the tournament by both going full strength. 

That's what I thought, they both seem like they want to win this one. Also they both have like a 10 day break after this game, so they can afford to give it their all.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ndombele scores!

Decent game so far and Ndombele has stood out. Deflected strike but a goal nonetheless. Sessegnon played his part in the good performance so far too.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ndombele scores!

Decent game so far and Ndombele has stood out. Deflected strike but a goal nonetheless. Sessegnon played his part in the good performance so far too.

Ndombele has been a great purchase for Spurs. That's an important goal for Spurs, but something tells me that there are definitely more goals in this game.

• Administrator

Long does level for Southampton!

Redmond gets a shot away and Lloris parries it back in to the box in to Long's path. Long totally unmarked at the back post. Aurier totally losing his man.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Long does level for Southampton!

Redmond gets a shot away and Lloris parries it back in to the box in to Long's path. Long totally unmarked at the back post. Aurier totally losing his man.

I went to watch the Bayern match for 20 minutes, I see the Saints have equalised, but has this game been balanced so far? Or is one team edging it?

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

I went to watch the Bayern match for 20 minutes, I see the Saints have equalised, but has this game been balanced so far? Or is one team edging it?

Even so far - Spurs deserved their goal but Saints deserved their equaliser. I'd say Saints deserved their goal more.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Even so far - Spurs deserved their goal but Saints deserved their equaliser. I'd say Saints deserved their goal more.

I see, well it looks like it's all to play for. Vestegaard comes on for the injured Ward-Prowse. 

• Administrator

Son is played through and plays it to Aurier. No idea why Aurier doesn't shoot. Chooses to lay it back to Son who wasn't expecting it and Bednarek challenges well.

Just now, Stan said:

Son is played through and plays it to Aurier. No idea why Aurier doesn't shoot. Chooses to lay it back to Son who wasn't expecting it and Bednarek challenges well.

Yes and Son is injured now, hope he doesn't have to go off. He is key to this Spurs team.

Total domination by Southampton.

Spurs goal was massively against the run of play. Been outplayed but Saints' finishing hasn't been clinical. The equaliser was the least Southampton deserved. Poor from Lloris I thought.

Horrible injury for Ward Prowse. So innocuous how it happened too. Going to be out for a while I should imagine and that will ruin their attacks down the right now.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Total domination by Southampton.

Spurs goal was massively against the run of play. Been outplayed but Saints' finishing hasn't been clinical. The equaliser was the least Southampton deserved. Poor from Lloris I thought.

Horrible injury for Ward Prowse. So innocuous how it happened too. Going to be out for a while I should imagine and that will ruin their attacks down the right now.

Are you and Stan watching the same game?o.O

• Administrator

Exquisite goal from Southampton!

Redmond the architect. Spurs couldn't get close to him and once it's played in to Ings it really looked like only one outcome. Very nice finish but Redmond should get a lot of credit.

Spurs win 3-2 and advance to the next round. Southampton had the more chances for most of that second half, but in the last quarter of an hour and between Tottenham's two goals, it was all Spurs. They attacked and they duly got their 2 goals. Southampton tried valiantly to find an equaliser in injury time, but they seemed tired at that stage.

Tottenham will play Norwich City next in the Fifth Round of the FA Cup.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived