The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Fourth Round Matches - 24-27th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

How shite is their groundsman?

Their pitch has been having issues with water logging for a while - before the season they were scheduled to do a shitload of maintenance that was long overdue. But they’re doing that at the end of this season.

They really overestimated how bad things would get this season though.

• Subscriber

To be honest this has never been a 0-6. It's been one of those quite surreal games, that first half it felt like every time Manchester United shot they scored. Obviously deserve the comfortable win mind.

Even the commentator on BBC just said that VAR would have almost certainly awarded us a penalty then for handball but that its refreshing to be without VAR for a weekend xD

He's right though! No checking everything, no players stood around not knowing what's going on, no crowd silent whilst endless checks are being made. 

It's like proper old school football is back again.

Lovely :D

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Even the commentator on BBC just said that VAR would have almost certainly awarded us a penalty then for handball but that its refreshing to be without VAR for a weekend xD

He's right though! No checking everything, no players stood around not knowing what's going on, no crowd silent whilst endless checks are being made. 

It's like proper old school football is back again.

Lovely :D

I don’t think that was a handball even with VAR. His hands were by his sides, it didn’t look intentional.

Weirdly I think our worst players today are senior players. Fabinho & Minamino - but one’s new to our system where even the kids look well drilled on where to stand and how to move and the others making his first start in about 2 months.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think that was a handball even with VAR. His hands were by his sides, it didn’t look intentional.

Weirdly I think our worst players today are senior players. Fabinho & Minamino - but one’s new to our system where even the kids look well drilled on where to stand and how to move and the others making his first start in about 2 months.

I think he leans into it slightly which is why you could argue for it being given.

Yeah agree on Fabinho and Minamino. Matip taking it a bit too easy defensively at times too I think. 

Get the feeling Klopp will be onto them to start a bit quicker second half and put this to bed. We've not moved the ball quick enough at times. One of the few times we did it resulted in a goal

Disagree with you @Dr. Gonzo I think that’s a definite pen. Arm might be down by his side but he leans towards the ball to block it. They’ve got away with that cause of a fat ref. 

Agree that our senior players have been poor. Minamino needs to get out of his own way, he’s forcing it too much. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived