talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup - Semi-Final (2nd Leg) - Aston Villa (3) 2-1 (2) Leicester - Tuesday 28th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t feel massively confident but I never do with the Villa. 

1996 since we won something in that time, still 5th in terms of major honours but it’s not good enough I’ve watched us lose 3 finals since then. 

But i’d trade it all for 15 points tbh, I think we’ll be much stronger next year with more reinforcement and then I expect us to start challenging again. 

• Administrator

Mega nervous for this. The fact we didn't win the home leg makes me feel uneasy.

Vardy back in the squad but the best news is Ndidi is back and will most likely start. He's been unreal. 

Iheanacho loves this competition and is in decent form so Vardy missing is slightly less of a worry.

Just hope our players don't get fazed by the occasion and remain composed. Would be gut-wrenching to miss out on Wembley when it's just within reach :( 

• Administrator

Schmeichel

Pereira - Soyuncu - Evans - Chilwell

Ndidi
Tielemans - Maddison

Perez - Iheanacho  - Barnes

Subs - Ward, Justin, Gray, Benkovic, Albrighton, Vardy, Praet

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Samatta gets his debut. Trezequet drops to the bench and Nyland gets the nod after first leg performance 

Surprised Reina isn't playing.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Amazed VAR missed it if Dean did. Genuinely think they looked at the wrong shot. 

Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking when they miss these kinds of things. Its clear in the replay too.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Dean Smith takes us to Wembley 2 years running. I’ll shut up about him now, I’m obviously just a cunt.

Also if 2-3 key players stay fit we’re good enough to stay up and we’ll build in the summer again. 

Congrats mate.

Didn't see this coming tonight. Huge opportunity missed for Leicester you have to say.

• Administrator

Not sure how we've lost that.

Well, I am. But still severely disappointed we've not won.

Villa owe a lot to Nyland today. Kept them in the game from the start from Maddison's efforts.

Ricardo was so exposed today and no wonder the first came down the left side. Perhaps should have been better positioned for their 2nd goal but Gray does fuck all (AGAIN) in trying to close down Elmohamady. Points for someone to mark Grealish on the wing but then does fuck all himself in trying to close down the cross. Time to bin him off - not just this incident/game in isolation but it's been too many games now where he underperforms. Can't rely on passengers.

And a passenger is exactly what Perez was today. Did his part in isolating Ricardo for Targett and Grealish to run at the RB all game. Ricardo is quality but there's only so much he can do by himself. 

VAR should be spotting the handball. Not sure how they've missed that. Not that we lost the game because of it, but it's a huge thing to miss.

Anyway, gutted we've not reached Wembley with the best chance in ages we've had to do so. Absolutely gutted. 

• The title was changed to EFL Cup - Semi-Final (2nd Leg) - Aston Villa (3) 2-1 (2) Leicester - Tuesday 28th January, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived