talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 10th May - Juventus (4) 2-1 (1) Monaco

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so conflicted about this game. On one hand, I'd love for Buffon to win a CL before he retires, but just the thought of Juve lifting the trophy makes me gag a little bit.

What's almost just as bad is that half of Monaco seems to be linked with moves to Inter over the summer, so I would love for them to make a crazy comeback and go to the CL Final.

I do think Juve lose this based on the fact that this is between two very difficult domestic fixtures (Torino on Saturday, Roma next Saturday), however I think Juve go through.

Juventus 1 - 2 Monaco

Agreed, other than Buffon I resent Juve. However, I can't stand this current Real Madrid side and everything about them, so I sincerely hope Juve pull this one off and win the final. Nothing would be greater than to see Real have the league and CL slipped from their fingers. 

Juve need to start both Barzagli and Benatia for this one, as Chiellini and Bonnuci are a card away from missing the final. 

28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Agreed, other than Buffon I resent Juve. However, I can't stand this current Real Madrid side and everything about them, so I sincerely hope Juve pull this one off and win the final. Nothing would be greater than to see Real have the league and CL slipped from their fingers. 

Juve need to start both Barzagli and Benatia for this one, as Chiellini and Bonnuci are a card away from missing the final. 

Agreed!

I profoundly dislike Juventus although what I feel towards Real Madrid in recent years has no comparison and they are now the club I've most hated ever and that includes what I felt when I was an adolescent which is the period where your hatred as a football fan has no bounds and is totally out of context.

Juve is obviously going through because defensively they are clean cut with very few faults and I hope they beat Real in the final because that's what it's going to be.  Atleti can sell all the revenge they want (they're furious with Real Madrid and never has the relationship between both clubs been so bad... Add another to the list), but it ain't happening.

I don't mind Juventus. Honestly I don't consider Napoli - Juve a rivalry unless it's domestically but I have no issue cheering them on in UEFA competitions. It's for Italian football.

As I said in the other thread, since they bought both Pjanic and Higuain I immediately put them as my UCL favourites. Best team in Europe and it would be shocking if they didn't go on and win it now.

Monaco are good but honestly Juve are near unbeatable at home. They'll lose sometime but I don't think it will be today.

Juventus 3-0 Monaco.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

No way do they do that. It's been 21 years since they have won this cup, they are playing everyone to give them the best chance to progress.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Juve hasn't even been as close as detestable as they were a while back.

They are forever tainted to me. They will always be linked with this scum.

77e3e9f2a514f1a7dc040cafda928979-1995.jp

It still drives me up a wall whenever someone says Monaco is a team from France.

Just say they're a team from the french league.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

It still drives me up a wall whenever someone says Monaco is a team from France.

Just say they're a team from the french league.

Does it bother you when they say the same about Swansea?

Just now, ATL said:

Does it bother you when they say the same about Swansea?

I don't watch the Premier League so I can never really complain about it.

Just my OCD going mad. Its really just my own issue.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Chiellini surely didn't mean that?! If so, what a clearance. 

The damn thing is, I think he did. Chiellini is unreal.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived