talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Something You've Said That Was Taken The Wrong Way?

football forum

• Subscriber

This happens in life. Once I was talking to a female in her 30s. After hoping something would go well I said "touch wood". She went a bit high rate thinking I meant something else in a rude manner. I explained to her and was thinking you've never heard that saying? 

Maybe she's lived in a cave or lived a sheltered-life. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MUFC said:

This happens in life. Once I was talking to a female in her 30s. After hoping something would go well I said "touch wood". She went a bit high rate thinking I meant something else in a rude manner. I explained to her and was thinking you've never heard that saying? 

You starring and trying to smell her feet probably didn't help. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

You starring and trying to smell her feet probably didn't help. 

She took that the wrong way to. I just like to be on my hands and feet when speaking to women.

8 hours ago, MUFC said:

Shit pick up line mate. Women may like assertive men but that is another level.

• 1 year later...
On 27/01/2020 at 12:33, MUFC said:

You mean irate?

• The title was changed to Something You've Said That Was Taken The Wrong Way?

I met this girl a few years ago. We were talking online and I asked about when she dumped her ex. I think she thought I asked her about taking a dump on her ex 

We used to have a woman work for us who was rather large. She was more than happy to say some quite savage things to guys so I thought, fair enough she can handle banter.

So when she burst out saying she'd lost weight one week, I joked "Bit like chucking a deckchair off the Titanic though, innit".

Did not go down well. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

We used to have a woman work for us who was rather large. She was more than happy to say some quite savage things to guys so I thought, fair enough she can handle banter.

So when she burst out saying she'd lost weight one week, I joked "Bit like chucking a deckchair off the Titanic though, innit".

Did not go down well. 

Superb xD 

Archived