• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 29th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was pinned

Who replaces Mane? I think I'd go with Origi. I know he was poor on Sunday and you expect more from him in a game like that but I definitely think there's something in that he's better/more effective alongside two of the other front three than when he's on alongside two fringe players/youngsters and is expected to take the lead.

Chamberlain on the left is another option but I'm not so keen on that idea.

I don't think he starts Minamino here either

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Who replaces Mane? I think I'd go with Origi. I know he was poor on Sunday and you expect more from him in a game like that but I definitely think there's something in that he's better/more effective alongside two of the other front three than when he's on alongside two fringe players/youngsters and is expected to take the lead.

Chamberlain on the left is another option but I'm not so keen on that idea.

I don't think he starts Minamino here either

If he plays minamino I'd be shocked but it would signal to me that Klopp is really committed to his future in the side.

Origi seems the better bet although he sometimes likes Lallana in that role.

35 minutes ago, Harry said:

If he plays minamino I'd be shocked but it would signal to me that Klopp is really committed to his future in the side.

Origi seems the better bet although he sometimes likes Lallana in that role.

Can't remember the last time Lallana played in the front three to be honest. What's the latest on him given he was ill at the weekend

I want Klopp to persist with Minamino. He is technically better than Origi and more of a natural fit to our system. Yes, he’s been a bit behind the last couple games but Origi has hardly pulled up any trees when given the minutes either. Origi was frustratingly shit on Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

I want Klopp to persist with Minamino. He is technically better than Origi and more of a natural fit to our system. Yes, he’s been a bit behind the last couple games but Origi has hardly pulled up any trees when given the minutes either. Origi was frustratingly shit on Sunday. 

I think I'd go with Origi personally, because while I think Minamino is technically better and eventually will be a good fit... you can see from his two appearances that weren't against a Merseyside club in blue that he's not really in tune with Klopp's system right now. And tbf, mostly everyone was pretty shit on Sunday

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think I'd go with Origi personally, because while I think Minamino is technically better and eventually will be a good fit... you can see from his two appearances that weren't against a Merseyside club in blue that he's not really in tune with Klopp's system right now. And tbf, mostly everyone was pretty shit on Sunday

I think Origi is more likely. Particularly because Klopp tends not to rush players in and has taken time being in just about every signing he's made except VVD and Alison.

• Subscriber

Minamino hasn't really played out there has he? I don't think it would be the place Klopp wants him either so I'd put Divock on instead of him with a rotation post the first half if things go south. I think Origi has the ability to shine when called upon and he's earned his time to get a chance. Shame Shaqiri isn't going to this one as that would allow us to have a rotational center with Salah and Bobby keeping the wide option free for a midfielder instead of a striker. 

Putting aside our strike issues. Who is playing in defense? Andy, Trent, Virgil and Joe? I hope we don't rush either of the two CBs from the Shrewbury game into this one. 

Origi is best coming off the bench, when defenders are a bit knackered and he can beat them with his physicality. His footballing brain isn’t that great, and he doesn’t really make much of an impact when he starts most the time (Barca and Everton games excludes when he was a man possessed). 

I’d persist with Minamino for this game at least. If he’s still struggling to do anything then bring Divock back into the next starting 11. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Minamino hasn't really played out there has he? I don't think it would be the place Klopp wants him either so I'd put Divock on instead of him with a rotation post the first half if things go south. I think Origi has the ability to shine when called upon and he's earned his time to get a chance. Shame Shaqiri isn't going to this one as that would allow us to have a rotational center with Salah and Bobby keeping the wide option free for a midfielder instead of a striker. 

Putting aside our strike issues. Who is playing in defense? Andy, Trent, Virgil and Joe? I hope we don't rush either of the two CBs from the Shrewbury game into this one. 

Barring injuries, Lovren shouldn’t be getting in the team over Gomez. There’s always a clanger in him. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’d persist with Minamino for this game at least. If he’s still struggling to do anything then bring Divock back into the next starting 11. 

I know you all know your squad better but I'd play Origi away tonight and Minamino at home against Southampton. 

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

No only a short period when he came on at Wolves. He then switched between the right and moving centrally second half. Played where Firmino does in the two cup ties

17 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

As bad and shaky as Robertson has been lately he has a cross that begs for someone to be on the end of it.

Unlucky with the chance he had. Was a superb move that, shame it didn't result in a goal

• The title was changed to West Ham 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 29th January, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived