talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365's Top 30 South American Players

football forum

@Spike I appreciate the support.

Personally I am a bit sick of being targeted for my opinions for my past on here (some people just won't move on) and being a polarizing figure. I came back because I like a good chunk of the members on here and I treat you all like an internet family, but some people who have their agendas and short fuses can just go choke on one. Because there is no winning with them. I thought it was a Teso problem but appears not.

So far I've not heard a single critique from these people, it's either insults or assumptions. I've seen children more mature than some of the people on here. I'm obviously not perfect, not even close. It's pretty accurate too, I am always polarizing to large groups in real life too. It's mostly because of how boring or anti-social I can be rather than my "tone" on certain opinions.

I appreciate the people who have moved on and can appreciate my efforts in making this a more active place. 

That's the last I will say on the matter. If you have a problem, PM me.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Vader said:

Neither was Rando's post the other day by that logic, but whatever floats your boat!

You know what, I just decided to only count PM votes. Changed my mind. Don't know why you're all salty at me for saying Lahm and Luis are better than Cole and Evra respectively xD

Rando’s was. It’s nothing to do with logic. You’ve had several posts acting like the big cheese over the past 24 hours and when you get called on your shit, all of a sudden it’s a witch hunt or an agenda (you’ve been saying this for about 3 years now by the way). You’ve even brought Teso back into it ffs when it’s bollocks all to do with him. Nothing to do with Lahm or Cole or Evra either. Amazing how the Germans were able to take the banter and move on, yet you can’t. Nobody’s salty. 

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Rando’s was. It’s nothing to do with logic. You’ve had several posts acting like the big cheese over the past 24 hours and when you get called on your shit, all of a sudden it’s a witch hunt or an agenda (you’ve been saying this for about 3 years now by the way). You’ve even brought Teso back into it ffs when it’s bollocks all to do with him. Nothing to do with Lahm or Cole or Evra either. Amazing how the Germans were able to take the banter and move on, yet you can’t. Nobody’s salty. 

There needs to be a banter font so it doesn't get lost in the text.

7 minutes ago, Vader said:

@Spike I appreciate the support.

Personally I am a bit sick of being targeted for my opinions for my past on here (some people just won't move on) and being a polarizing figure. I came back because I like a good chunk of the members on here and I treat you all like an internet family, but some people who have their agendas and short fuses can just go choke on one. Because there is no winning with them. I thought it was a Teso problem but appears not.

So far I've not heard a single critique from these people, it's either insults or assumptions. I've seen children more mature than some of the people on here. I'm obviously not perfect, not even close. It's pretty accurate too, I am always polarizing to large groups in real life too. It's mostly because of how boring or anti-social I can be rather than my "tone" on certain opinions.

I appreciate the people who have moved on and can appreciate my efforts in making this a more active place. 

That's the last I will say on the matter. If you have a problem, PM me.

Almost everyone on here can disagree with people without feeling like they've been personally attacked. And a lot of us who've been talking on here (and the old forum) for what... almost like half my fucking life it feels like, we do personally insult each for banter or our own inside jokes (for example, if @DeadLinesman to get fucked & he tells me to die in a house fire - it's actually friendly as fuck), or if I say something stupid and someone brings it up because it's funny... I can have a laugh at myself saying something stupid - that goes for the real world as well as on the internet.

Obviously not everyone always gets on, and that's life - but I don't think anything anyone says on here (for the most part) means anything as any sort of personal attack. And at the end of the day, most of us on here want a place where we can just chat with each other, sometimes serious shite sometimes just to have a laugh.

There's no vendetta/agenda against you on here, certainly not on the two members of staff you accused of having an agenda against you in that other thread.

In that left back thread, you made a few fairly extreme statements about a left back who'd had a career most football players would dream about having. And in the last World Cup you insisted one of the finalists was pretty shite. There's nothing wrong with having controversial or unpopular opinions about football. But if you're going to say stuff like that and go against the grain, you've got to expect people to wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion. And like you said in that left back thread - it's just debate, it doesn't harm anyone.

Here people have wanted to not send PMs in - and there could be quite a few reasons why someone doesn't want to send a PM. Some people have no issue with it. I don't see what the harm is in not having people's choices be put out in the open, tbh. If anything it'd probably spark more debate about why we selected these players. And then we'd have people talking about football on a football forum. Which I think we'd all prefer to having random internet drama on our football forum, quite frankly.

So let's put all of that bullshit behind us and play nicely everyone. Sound good?

And in the interest of not talking about this anymore and just talking about football, I'll tell everyone else who my picks were and why I picked them:

1. Bobby Firmino - he's probably my favourite player at Liverpool right now. He's got an incredible work ethic, he's got incredible technique, he's a striker that's not selfish and because of that he gets the best out of Mane and Salah, and he's probably the biggest reason our attack is as good as it is currently. Bobby is boss.
  2. Lucas Leiva - I love @Lucas. He got a lot of shit when he first joined us as a kid, but steadily grew into a player that was so, so important for us. And he spent a decade at the club - he loves the club, he loves the fans, and we love him back. He probably should have been my #1, but I guess with Firmino being as good as he is he's a bit... unluckeeeeeeeey (those who get this, will get this and those who don't... won't)
  3. Alisson - HOLY SHIT WHAT A KEEPER. Before him, I think Pepe Reina was the best keeper we'd had in my lifetime. But Alisson's incredible. He's good at everything you'd want a keeper to be good at and while our defense improved so much with Virgil's introduction into the team... Alisson introduced into the side has made the defense just a bit more tough to get through - both because of his organisation & also because of his excellent goalkeeping. Great keeper, he's so fucking good.

People who were close to being on the list, but ultimately didn't make the cut:

• Fabinho - love this long legged beast of a man, but tbh I couldn't justify not including him over my other 3 as favourite South Americans
  • Maxi Rodriguez - we were linked with him for years before we finally got him, but when we got him his best years were passed him. Even so, I remember him as a player that always put a shift in - even if he was playing like dogshite. And I do remember he hit a shockingly good run of form once at a crucial time for us. But even before we had him, he was always a player I admired and thought was pretty underrated.
  • Leo Messi - best player ever
  • Ronaldinho - the most fun player to watch that I've ever seen
  • Pablo Aimar - does anyone remember how good this little man used to be? Fuck me he was good.
  • Riquelme - does anyone remember how good this little man used to be? Fuck me he was good.
  • Hernan Crespo - I always liked Crespo a lot, mostly from his time in Serie A.

Luis Suarez - ultimate crazy competitor caricature of a player. Maniac on the field. Loves his family fiercely. Likes to laugh.

Bobby Firmino - genius player. Always smiling. Looks like he absolutely loves playing football which I find infectious.

Ronaldinho - for WC 2002. Only one ever in my time zone where I could easily watch every match. Still at PSG then I think. That free kick where he lobbed Seaman. I was so focused on Ronaldo and Rivaldo that tournament but R10 was the highlight for me.

1 minute ago, Vader said:

We've got 26 players so far. If we can get 2 more lists by tomorrow then I can start it a day or two after.

With Inter Milan having a squad full of Brazilians and Argentines when I first fell in love with football, I think I could give you 50 players just on those Inter teams alone. 

16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@DeadLinesman

1. Bobby Firmino - he's probably my favourite player at Liverpool right now. He's got an incredible work ethic, he's got incredible technique, he's a striker that's not selfish and because of that he gets the best out of Mane and Salah, and he's probably the biggest reason our attack is as good as it is currently. Bobby is boss.
  2. Lucas Leiva - I love @Lucas. He got a lot of shit when he first joined us as a kid, but steadily grew into a player that was so, so important for us. And he spent a decade at the club - he loves the club, he loves the fans, and we love him back. He probably should have been my #1, but I guess with Firmino being as good as he is he's a bit... unluckeeeeeeeey (those who get this, will get this and those who don't... won't)
  3. Alisson - HOLY SHIT WHAT A KEEPER. Before him, I think Pepe Reina was the best keeper we'd had in my lifetime. But Alisson's incredible. He's good at everything you'd want a keeper to be good at and while our defense improved so much with Virgil's introduction into the team... Alisson introduced into the side has made the defense just a bit more tough to get through - both because of his organisation & also because of his excellent goalkeeping. Great keeper, he's so fucking good.

Then if leave Liverpool for a new challenge, they will be 'scumbags and unloyal wankers who should be murdered' :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Then if leave Liverpool for a new challenge, they will be 'scumbags and unloyal wankers who should be murdered' :ph34r:

Lucas left us. If you’re not a cunt who forces moves by refusing to turn up or faking injury then you’re a cunt and not worthy of being loved by fans.

Obviously that doesn’t work with modern day Barca as being a cunt is a pre-req for joining 

Archived