talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

football forum

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Manchester United Football Club is a professional football club based in Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, England, that competes in the Premier League, the top flight of English football. Nicknamed "the Red Devils", the club was founded as Newton Heath LYR Football Club in 1878, changed its name to Manchester United in 1902 and moved to its current stadium, Old Trafford, in 1910.

Manchester United have won a record 20 League Titles, a joint-record 12 FA Cups, 5 League Cups and a record 21 FA Community Shields. The club has also won three European Cups, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, one UEFA Super Cup, one Intercontinental Cup and one FIFA Club World Cup. In 1998–99, the club became the first in the history of English football to achieve the treble of the Premier League, the FA Cup and the UEFA Champions League. 

The 1958 Munich air disaster claimed the lives of eight players. In 1968, under the management of Matt Busby, Manchester United became the first English football club to win the European Cup. Alex Ferguson won 38 trophies, including 13 Premier League titles, 5 FA Cups and 2 UEFA Champions Leagues, between 1986 and 2013, when he announced his retirement. José Mourinho is the club's current manager, having been appointed on 27 May 2016.

All discussion relating to Manchester United that does not warrant it's own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

Slow and steady at the moment. We still look like doing nothing in various matches though. We should smack Bournemouth of the park today (no offence to them), but man for man all over the park we're better. However, i feel we just don't look interested at times with the exception of Ibrahimovic, Carrick and Rashford. 

Also, I'm sick of being fucking 6th :(

I've laughed and taken the piss (as you do) about United being sixth but the realisation is that at one point we were 12 points clear of you lot and now you are a game in hand away from going above us. As you say, steady consistency without being brilliant has been the key. 

I will say though, how wrong was I about Zlatan? Jesus Christ the man is a beast! Makes you wonder where the fuck United would be this season without him? 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I will say though, how wrong was I about Zlatan? Jesus Christ the man is a beast! Makes you wonder where the fuck United would be this season without him? 

You're not the only one mate. I'd seen him twice at OT and thought he was wank. Big time Charlie that constantly went missing. However, he's doing the business for us. Just think what could have been had he been here a few years earlier.....

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You're not the only one mate. I'd seen him twice at OT and thought he was wank. Big time Charlie that constantly went missing. However, he's doing the business for us. Just think what could have been had he been here a few years earlier.....

I saw a stat that showed he runs less than any other player in the Premiere League which just enhances how good he actually is. His ability to find space in the box is uncanny and his technique is something else. 

Gary Neville said the other night that Ibra is literally carrying United this season and I have to say he's not far wrong. 

Outstanding player. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ajax starlet Daishawn Redan, coveted by several of Europe's top clubs, has decided not to sign a professional deal at the club.

The 16-year-old, who is a target for Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea, as well as clubs outside of England, could now spark a battle for his signature.

Redan has been at Ajax since he was just eight years old, and is a prolific goalscorer at youth level.

But it seems as though he will now continue his development elsewhere, with a move to a Premier League academy a real possibility, although PSG and RB Leipzig are also reported to have an interest. 

'We have mapped out a path for him and there is depth discussions with him and his management,' said Ajax youth coach Said Ouaali. 

'That there is no agreement at the last moment is extremely regrettable, obviously they have put something else on their minds.

'We have made every effort to maintain a great talent as Daishawn for the club but at some point it stops. We wish him all the best with the rest of his career.'

A prolific goalscorer who can play up front or cutting in from the left, Redan has already featured for Ajax's U19 side, and played for Holland's U17 outfit last week, scoring one goal and making another against Italy. 

He is a fluent English and Spanish speaker and twice scored more than 40 goals in a single season for Ajax's youth sides.  

Another very good promising talent gone again from Holland :(    when will it ever stop! 

It's interesting to see really because for the months prior to him publicly berating his forwards, they were being carried by Mata and Ibrahimovic. Ibra has only scored three goals in open play in the Premier League since the beginning of January, four goals altogether. In the Cups United have been a lot better but if you look at who they've played; St Ettiene, FC Rostov and Blackburn Rovers, they've not had difficult tests. The biggest test was Southampton which is probably the highest quality opponent in a Cup game they've played all season. They did beat Man City at the beginning of the season, but in terms of quality on the pitch, it was largely an inexperienced side.

The last two games in the league they've scored two goals, against Everton and Bournemouth. Everton don't have a watertight defence, though a fairly decent record of 36 conceded, but Bournemouth's defence is fucking gash.

I wouldn't be surprised if United draw 0-0 with Sunderland next, but if they win I imagine it'll be a paper over the cracks job. I think the only thing that can boost United coming back is Juan Mata but how fit/sharp he'll be remains to be seen.

United need to throw everything at the Europa League this season because I can't see them catching the top 4, especially when they still have to play Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Spurs. I think out of the 7-8 games they've played the top 6 teams, they've won 2, maybe lost 1 or 2, but drawn the rest.

Edited by Danny

I don't think United's rotten to the core, all they really lack are goalscorers outside of Ibra. Mata has done well but they need another 20+ forward.

I try not to bet because I'm shit so for now I'm just making predictions and seeing how they turn out, but nearly all of United's front line have scored 1-2 goals since January each and Jermaine Defoe hasn't scored in 6 games. SkyBet have the game down as a draw at 18/5, not bad odds. Either be a 0-0 mind, or United run riot as Lingard, Martial, Rashford and Ibra all score xD

24 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Is United having a mini injury crisis? There are 8 players listed as out for the moment with short and long term injuries. Hope De Gea can miss out the game on Sunday against Chelsea, as he is bound to have at least two world class saves.

Won't matter who is in goal when we will be up against 10 at the back.