talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm betting fed up with all this mourinho hasn't been backed bollocks. As scholes just said he has been backed heavily stop talking shit.

Not sure how you got that from my post. Mourinho's spunked a fortune on shite like Pogba and Sanchez and defenders who can't defend. So did Van Gaal

2 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

Not sure how you got that from my post. Mourinho's spunked a fortune on shite like Pogba and Sanchez and defenders who can't defend. So did Van Gaal

I wasn't. I was agreeing with you. Mourinho makes excuse after excuse. And some people are falling from it. 

4 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Martial & Shaw have supposedly been offer new five year contracts with a substantial wage rise. 

Really starting to dislike retired scholes.   

What's scholes got to do with it mate? O.o

19 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Martial & Shaw have supposedly been offer new five year contracts with a substantial wage rise. 

195K a week for 5 years. xD

He will be injured for half of that 

On 17/10/2018 at 14:31, Teso dos Bichos said:

Martial rejected the contract. Wants more money knowing shithouses like Shaw, Pogba, and Lukaku are getting paid more. 

• Subscriber

A group of Manchester United players are set to be fined by the club after they refused to turn up to a sponsor's event in protest at the transport problems the team has suffered before Champions League fixtures. (Mail)

Meanwhile, United boss Jose Mourinho wanted his players to join him in walking from the team hotel to Old Trafford after their bus was stuck in traffic for the Champions League game against Juventus, but security staff veteod the move. (Mail)

Manchester United have had their hopes of signing Spanish left-back Jordi Alba in January boosted as Barcelona may wait until the end of the season to offer the 29-year-old a new contract. (Diario Sport - in Spanish)

Manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed Manchester United will not re-sign Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 37, from Los Angeles Galaxy. (Manchester Evening News)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

• Subscriber

David de Gea: Man Utd keeper focus on 'winning, not contracts'

29 minutes ago | Man Utd

Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea says he is focused on "winning games, rather than contracts", despite being yet to agree a new deal.

The 27-year-old's contract runs out next summer, with the club having an option to extend to 2020.

United manager Jose Mourinho has said he is "not confident" the Spaniard will sign a new contract, but De Gea insists he is "very happy" at Old Trafford.

"You have to be focused on what's important," he told Sky Sports.

"What matters is the team and all of us being focused on what we need to focus on, which is winning games, rather than contracts or any topics that can be a distraction. What matters is focusing on football.

"You don't have time to think about things that aren't as important as football and the points that are at stake in the games that we have to win and do well in."

In August, United were positive over the chance of De Gea renewing his deal, but  Juventus have reportedly targeted   the Spain international as another low-cost high-quality addition after picking up Liverpool midfielder Emre Can, Barcelona full-back Dani Alves, Bayern Munich midfielder Sami Khedira and Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente on free transfers in recent years.

"If the club want to be better than it is and not worse, obviously it would be very important to keep David," Mourinho said in an interview on Friday.

De Gea, who joined United from Atletico Madrid in 2011 in an £18.9m deal, is one of several players nearing the end of their deals.

"I've been at the club for eight seasons now. I'm very happy here," said the keeper, who has been the Premier League club's player of the year for the past four years.

"I always feel that warmth from the fans and everyone who works at the club."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46002144

Edited by CaaC - John

I can't see De Gea doing anything other than staying at Manchester United to be honest.  The eternal connection of him with Real Madrid is now over after the Spanish club signed Thibaut Courtois and I doubt they'll. (Cause more havoc by going in for De Gea) they'll go in for him. The only real option in Europe is Juventus as has been mentioned in the article but seeing as De Gea is a Manchester United icon, I doubt his advisors would recommend the move.

Where could he possibly move?  There aren't that many options of high level status clubs.

19 minutes ago, Inverted said:

PSG maybe if Areola doesn’t develop to their liking, otherwise I’d say pretty much every top team has a goalie they’d prefer to keep over De Gea. 

Juve as you say is another.

Yeah but going to PSG is Europe's version of retiring from elite football minus the Champions League and a cop-out for me.

I would never swap PSG for Man Utd even in United's present state.

• Subscriber

Sir Alex Ferguson paid a personal tribute to David Meek.

45178837_10156823392352855_8541618692411

Sir Alex Ferguson has paid a personal tribute to David Meek, the former Manchester Evening News journalist and friend of the club who has sadly passed away.

David covered the Reds for over 50 years and was a long-time United Reviewcolumnist, helping to pen the programme notes for every manager from Sir Matt Busby to Sir Alex, before retiring from his ghost-writing duties at the same time as the latter in May 2013. 

Everyone at the club is thinking of David’s family at this difficult time and Sir Alex has written the following statement:

“I’m very sad to hear of the passing of David Meek, a well-respected journalist who served the Manchester Evening News with great loyalty and dignity. 

“David was an old-fashioned journalist who relied on the accuracy of his reporting and his connection with Manchester United stretched over decades. 

“His contribution to Manchester United's programme made my job easier as I relied on his ability to make sure that my words were exactly how I wanted them for every home match. My sympathies go out to his wife Liz and his family.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/sir-alex-ferguson-statement-following-the-passing-of-david-meek