talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

20 hours ago, Stan said:

New contract for Mason Greenwood. 

The present may be gloomy but the future is as bright as it can get. 

Dillon Hoogerwerf -already is being likened to Overmars. 

Mason greenwood

A. Tuanzabe 

Arnau puigmal 

Brandon William- already has two games with the first team and its showing signs of a proper LB

Chong 

Gomes 

Garner

Anthony Elanga (scored today versus Middlesbrough) 3 games 3 goals and 2 assist so for the swedish RW.

Ethan Laird- Young RB that's already making noise with the England's under squads. He can defend and score. 

Teden mengi -a CB originally born in Kaduna but has been representing England in the youth squads. 

And Hannibal Mejbri 

Trust the process 

Ole has some out and said he “hopes they can stop Norwich” and “we have to be at our best to have a chance”. Don’t care what troubles Utd currently have, you can’t be talking like that as a manager. It’s sounds defeatist and small time. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Rick said:

Ole has some out and said he “hopes they can stop Norwich” and “we have to be at our best to have a chance”. Don’t care what troubles Utd currently have, you can’t be talking like that as a manager. It’s sounds defeatist and small time. 

That brings back memories of what Moyes said when he took over from SAF in his first season in charge at United and they were beaten by City then managed by Pellegrini.

For the second time in 10 days, Moyes found himself explaining the reasons behind a heavy home defeat to a regional rival - Liverpool having won by the same scoreline against the reigning champions.

"I think we've played a very good side and it's the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire to get ourselves to at this moment in time..."

Sky Sports

But hopefully Ole is not another Moyes...gulp. 

Edited by CaaC (John)

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Rick said:

Especially from a club that's meant to be as big as that...

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

AWB Tackles 44 Successful 50/50’s 11 Duels won 65 Duels lost 35 Interceptions 14

TAA Tackles 11 Successful 50/50’s 5 Duels won 21 Duels lost 45 Interceptions 15

RICARDO PEREIRA - Tackles 47; Successful 50/50s 22; Duels Won 94; Duels lost 78; Interceptions 18

And 2 goals my friend.

B18O3165.JPG

:D 

Ricardo is better than both this season.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

RICARDO PEREIRA - Tackles 47; Successful 50/50s 22; Duels Won 94; Duels lost 78; Interceptions 18

And 2 goals my friend.

B18O3165.JPG

:D 

Ricardo is better than both this season.

Which player in the league has the most key passes this season?

I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking "KdB" at City... but they'd be wrong. It's a young defender who's had 2 full seasons where he's reached the CL final.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Which player in the league has the most key passes this season?

I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking "KdB" at City... but they'd be wrong. It's a young defender who's had 2 full seasons where he's reached the CL final.

Fair.

It is KdB though per game ;) 

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/7811/Stages/17590/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2019-2020

image.png

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well ones an attacking midfielder with the most expensive and probably most high powered attack in the country, and the other is a fullback at the best club in the universe. Still impressive as fuck for that kind of creation coming from a 21 year old fullback.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wan Bissaka is a far superior ‘defender’ though. 

He would of been a world beater under Prime Mourinho

And ever since he came through at Palace, I've said he's a very good defensive minded fullback. Not all systems and clubs use defensive fullbacks though. And in modern football, we've seen over the years a rise in fullbacks that are asked to do just more than fullbacks are traditionally for - and at clubs employing those systems, fullbacks are supposed to be incredibly well rounded players.

Also is it surprising that a fullback at a club where the manager likes to set up fairly deep and the side is most comfortable on the counter has more tackles than a fullback at a club where the defensive line is typically very high and the club usually has 60-70% possession (or more) most games? I'd say, no - not really. That's sort of a product of how the sides are set up to perform.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well ones an attacking midfielder with the most expensive and probably most high powered attack in the country, and the other is a fullback at the best club in the universe. Still impressive as fuck for that kind of creation coming from a 21 year old fullback.

I haven't and don't deny that...

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wan Bissaka is a far superior ‘defender’ though. 

He would of been a world beater under Prime Mourinho

This. Even with VVD, they have not look GREAT defensively and although they had the possession more versus Man United, it was the home team who looked better offensively throughout the whole match. Forgetting the bias, I would take AWB 10 out of 10 times if I had the to pick.. way more players can contribute offensively but liverpool lacks a FB that can defend as great as AWB.. TAA is a mini version of Alves/Marcelo and if AWB continues to be that effective when it comes to defense, he will be up there with Djalma Santos 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Also is it surprising that a fullback at a club where the manager likes to set up fairly deep and the side is most comfortable on the counter has more tackles than a fullback at a club where the defensive line is typically very high and the club usually has 60-70% possession (or more) most games? I'd say, no - not really. That's sort of a product of how the sides are set up to perform.

Are you implying it’s the system? Sorry but that just isn’t true. You, your missus, your gran, and probably even your cat can clearly see TAA isn’t as natural a defender as AWB. Whereas AWB isn’t as natural going forward as TAA. 

Both are quite honestly polar opposites. You have made a good point about football evolving to where even full backs need to be brilliant on a technical level, hence why I edge it over TAA currently. 

Edited by Cicero

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Are you implying it’s the system? Sorry but that just isn’t true. You, your missus, your gran, and probably even your cat can clearly see TAA isn’t as natural a defender as AWB. Whereas AWB isn’t as natural going forward as TAA. 

Both are quite honestly polar opposites. You have made a good point about football evolving to where even full backs need to be brilliant on a technical level, hence why I edge it over TAA currently. 

No, Trent's obviously a more well rounded player - he was originally supposed to be a midfielder.

He's playing as a fullback because in our system he's a top modern fullback.

On 27/10/2019 at 16:39, CaaC (John) said:

Glazers/Woody out Crown Prince whoever in, can't be any worse than the other two clowns   praying.gif

Quote.thumb.png.46158025a55231b88248b062bfce088f.png

A delegation of Manchester United officials is set to visit Saudi Arabia as rumours of a takeover by the Gulf state's Crown Prince continue. (Mail)

I’d rather not be owned by Saudi’s. 

• Upvote 1