talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

5 hours ago, Stan said:

:congrats:

Michael Carrick's a really really good guy, even though he played for those bastards. I'm not surprised he's gotten involved with this as hands on as he has, he's fairly involved with a lot of charities and aside from being really generous he genuinely wants to know what he can do, other than give the money he gives, to help people in need.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@DeadLinesman what if Bruno Fernandez is the key to getting Pogba to be the player I remember at Juve.

I fucking hope not lol, but that would definitely change how we both feel about Pogba. Because he was fucking great at Juve.

Pogba was playing alongside Marchisio, Vidal and Pirlo at Juve. Great players but at United the bar has been dropped for a few years in terms of the players around him. He does everything and that’s United’s problem but once you have a DM and an attacking mid like they do now then Pogba fits in so well imo

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Pogba was playing alongside Marchisio, Vidal and Pirlo at Juve. Great players but at United the bar has been dropped for a few years in terms of the players around him. He does everything and that’s United’s problem but once you have a DM and an attacking mid like they do now then Pogba fits in so well imo

Oh yeah I’m 100% in agreement with you. Pogba was a beast in a midfield full of world class midfielders. I’m not surprised the transition to a United in struggle has not been anywhere near as smooth as being a part of a well oiled machine.

But I do think Pogba, for much of last season and parts of this season, was pretty much the sole person asked to be creative. And I can’t blame United fans for thinking he’s not shown the same desire and effort as he arguably should have considering the price tag and the responsibility United have put on him.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@DeadLinesman what if Bruno Fernandez is the key to getting Pogba to be the player I remember at Juve.

I fucking hope not lol, but that would definitely change how we both feel about Pogba. Because he was fucking great at Juve.

People will laugh at this, but it’s the emergence of McTominay that will allow Pogba to get back to his best. If he’s got a player that can defend and sweep up, he can stay further up and link up with Bruno.

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Danny said:

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh yeah I’m 100% in agreement with you. Pogba was a beast in a midfield full of world class midfielders. I’m not surprised the transition to a United in struggle has not been anywhere near as smooth as being a part of a well oiled machine.

But I do think Pogba, for much of last season and parts of this season, was pretty much the sole person asked to be creative. And I can’t blame United fans for thinking he’s not shown the same desire and effort as he arguably should have considering the price tag and the responsibility United have put on him.

Surely if Pogba is claimed to be as good as he is and to live up to the hype around him, he should be good enough to play in any side? Don't get me wrong it helps playing alongside players like Pirlo, but he wasn't even shining around the shite beside him at Man Utd....

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Surely if Pogba is claimed to be as good as he is and to live up to the hype around him, he should be good enough to play in any side? Don't get me wrong it helps playing alongside players like Pirlo, but he wasn't even shining around the shite beside him at Man Utd....

Pogba’s no Gerrard, that much is clear

39 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

People will laugh at this, but it’s the emergence of McTominay that will allow Pogba to get back to his best. If he’s got a player that can defend and sweep up, he can stay further up and link up with Bruno.

I won’t laugh at that. I think it’s be McTominay and Bruno though - but yeah, having a good defensive midfielder is always pretty fucking important.

I think him coming through the youth team is important too, he’s less likely to act too important to put in a full shift.

I think he and Rashford are two of the players I’d be most happy with in my squad, if I were a United fan. Thank god I’m not though :D

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

What are the chances of McTominay playing regularly with Fred supposedly being one of their better players this season?

Selfishly hoping he is a regular starter and helps the national team to no end.

15 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

What are the chances of McTominay playing regularly with Fred supposedly being one of their better players this season?

Selfishly hoping he is a regular starter and helps the national team to no end.

He’s far better than Fred in my honest opinion. He’ll definitely be starting ahead of him.

On 23/06/2020 at 15:02, Dr. Gonzo said:

Michael Carrick's a really really good guy, even though he played for those bastards. I'm not surprised he's gotten involved with this as hands on as he has, he's fairly involved with a lot of charities and aside from being really generous he genuinely wants to know what he can do, other than give the money he gives, to help people in need.

Which ones? Tottenham, West Ham, or Man Utd?

• 2 weeks later...

I’d not be too pleased with that if I was a Utd fan. A three year deal for a man who up until the last few weeks was massively underperforming and had most Utd fans wanting him out. 

Maybe he’s found his feet again, but I wouldn’t be surprised if next season he reverts back to a man who looks a a lot older than he is. 

That being said, I can appreciate him wearing a suit to re-sign. I like the showing of respect. 

On 06/07/2020 at 05:53, Rick said:

I’d not be too pleased with that if I was a Utd fan. A three year deal for a man who up until the last few weeks was massively underperforming and had most Utd fans wanting him out. 

Maybe he’s found his feet again, but I wouldn’t be surprised if next season he reverts back to a man who looks a a lot older than he is. 

That being said, I can appreciate him wearing a suit to re-sign. I like the showing of respect. 

Lol that last sentence just makes me think of Souness or something.

For what it’s worth, I can understand why they resigned him - even if consistency is an issue. With COVID, United’s revenue has been hit... like everyone’s has been... they’ve got other areas of the squad that will need more immediate investment. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

We really have no place to be dishing GK jokes 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Gotta hand it to him, he tried. 

Goalkeeping errors leading to goal 2019-20 (all competitions)

Martin Dubravka (Newcastle)5

Adrian (Liverpool)4

Alex McCarthy (Southampton)3

David de Gea (Manchester United)3

Jordan Pickford (Everton)3

Ederson (Manchester City)3

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Moyes inherited a title winning squad to be fair and decimated the back room staff. Solksjaer is still getting rid of deadwood and competing with teams far better equipped now than 5 years ago. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt till next season.